**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Ok this might be the best

all credit to reddit user scottvosper
Here me out for a second... this idea just hit me, and I love it so much that it actually scares me that it won't happen because it's so good.... kendrick is release TWO albums first one comes out on Good Friday (the day Jesus was killed) the title of this album is called DAMN. It's track listing is an anagram of the last letters spelling out "earth led 2 death" which has a meaning related to the people of earth condemning Jesus to the cross and his death. This album has a sad and depressed looking album cover and it's tracks are all bangers that complete destroy the rap industry.. turning it on its head. Kendrick goes in on everyone and basically just "crucifies" the entire game (already so much speculation on HUMBLE. in terms of his attacks on other rappers including big sean and drake)
This album has mixed reviews and thoughts by fans at first... Although the work on this LP is on a new level, and the lyrics are absolutely insane .. many people will still have question marks saying this isn't a typical kendrick album. Where's the deep meaning? This was just him making a bunch of bangers and taking people down. But then.....2 days later...
SUNDAY (Easter) The day Jesus returns from the dead.
A NEW ALBULM called: "Nation"
When put along side the other the duel album becomes "Damn Nation" aka "damnation".
This is album is much deeper, speaking the current political climate and other aspects of culture. What most people would describe as a TPAB sequel. And it represents the RESURRECTION of the new rap game.
Kendrick is our rap savior
drops the mic
this is such a reach
laugh.gif

but if this theory turns out to be true
nerd.gif
It's crazy people have the time to even thing of this. I'm just hear to listen to good music not this album means on Good Friday...

They're only in here because their favorite artist isn't making any noise.

whats crazy to me, Drake, arguably the biggest artist in the game just dropped an album, and its like no one cares now that this bout to drop.

Not necessarily about drake, but it really seems albums come and go.

Albums definitely come and go now BUT those two artists have a very different fanbase. They're making music for a different age group and culture.

Labels care more about singles, getting 2-3 hits. Most rappers could give a **** about an album today.

Last edited:
Word I wouldn't say rappers could care less about an album. If that was the case music would be head in a different direction and we wouldn't get pop up albums.

whats crazy to me, Drake, arguably the biggest artist in the game just dropped an album, and its like no one cares now that this bout to drop.

I was reading reviews on the metacritic, which is a site for all things to be reviewed by every major outlet and consumers, the latest Drake album was said that every song sounded the same. The same tune the last few albums and thus why it scored only less than a 7.8. So I can understand why folks are already through with Drakes latest release.

I feel like most of the rap world are waiting to hear what Kendrick has in store. It's like dude purposely caught the right time and submerged every release this year so damn easy and having people eager to see his work. Fan or no fan.

albums at this point are just material for when the artists go on tour...arena music if you will

Idk how y'all fronting on albums this year in 2017. Especially the mainstream rappers. A lot of good albums have been released to start the year.

I think when you know what to expect from an artist their music tends to come and go, even if it sounds good. We knew what More Life was gonna sound like, just as we do with every Drake release.

Kendrick has been able to reinvent himself and make every project he releases sound different. Even the Untitled joint. People know he's gonna actually talk about something and bring something unique to the table.

I think when you know what to expect from an artist their music tends to come and go, even if it sounds good. We knew what More Life was gonna sound like, just as we do with every Drake release.

Kendrick has been able to reinvent himself and make every project he releases sound different. Even the Untitled joint. People know he's gonna actually talk about something and bring something unique to the table.

Maybe. But we shouldn't knock consistency.

Because Ross stayed in his wheelhouse....and delivered a superb album:

Idk how y'all fronting on albums this year in 2017. Especially the mainstream rappers. A lot of good albums have been released to start the year.

I would love to see your list of good albums this year. I know it'll be a good laugh.

I didn't care when More Life dropped and still don't. I loved IFRTITL, but I haven't been able to get into his music since.

See you guys at 11

Maybe. But we shouldn't knock consistency.

Because Ross stayed in his wheelhouse....and delivered a superb album:

For sure, I agree. But it "came and went" (not for me personally) after More life dropped. I wouldn't blame somebody if they scanned Ross' **** and felt like it was just more of the same. People have terrible attention spans nowadays :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom