Official Jordan Fly Wade Thread

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by duke4005

Got them from Jordan for review. I write reviews for Counterkicks.com. Full review coming VERY soon...

Bryan??
That's me. Lucky me, I have the same SN on all three sites. Who's this?

Yeah he does look mad disappointed, like "man this is what I get for being one of the best players in the NBA?" Don't worry D'Wade I got you.

Thanks my man. I guess since the coast is clear, I will post a design that I did a while back for the D'Wades. I just ask for truthful opinions and not hate. If you don't like them, could you demonstrate why you don't and what you think would make them better. I want to be the best designer that I can be and it starts with you, the sneaker aficionados here at Nike Talk. Of all the other shoe forums, I value NT the most because of the overall consistency. Don't let my post count fool you, I have been coming to this site since around 05, so I have read a lot about what you guys like and I try to always keep that in mind, while I'm designing because when it's all said and done, you all will eventually make or break the shoe. If enough people say they like the shoe, I will do more angles, colors and a break down of the performance I think should be in the shoe. Trust me, you are going to want to know what I have in mind. Without further a do, I present to you the Wade 3.

6fa16b153c4aee61fced5f1763bfbb96d673d7b1.pjpg

Design by King Heru "The Footwear King"

Originally Posted by KingHeru1

Yeah he does look mad disappointed, like "man this is what I get for being one of the best players in the NBA?" Don't worry D'Wade I got you.
I think its the colorway he's not diggin.  If you guys watch the videos it seems like he got what he was looking for in his sig shoe.  I know I'm looking forward to hooping in the blk/greys.

Thanks my man. I guess since the coast is clear, I will post a design that I did a while back for the D'Wades. I just ask for truthful opinions and not hate. If you don't like them, could you demonstrate why you don't and what you think would make them better. I want to be the best designer that I can be and it starts with you, the sneaker aficionados here at Nike Talk. Of all the other shoe forums, I value NT the most because of the overall consistency. Don't let my post count fool you, I have been coming to this site since around 05, so I have read a lot about what you guys like and I try to always keep that in mind, while I'm designing because when it's all said and done, you all will eventually make or break the shoe. If enough people say they like the shoe, I will do more angles, colors and a break down of the performance I think should be in the shoe. Trust me, you are going to want to know what I have in mind. Without further a do, I present to you the Wade 3.

Dig the oversized Jumpman.
The shoe looks too bulky for a player that is known for quick slashing and cutting. It reminds me of the Adidas KobeTwo and the unreleased KobeThree sample. The overall upper screams late 90's early '00's Adidas in general.

Also, for a guard, not having a great deal of court feel is a definite drawback. From what it looks like, the foot would be at least a quarter/half inch off the ground.. You can get away with that in a post players shoe, but court feel is a high priority for a guard.

I think the lace shroud looks interesting, but it is hard to tell from that view.

I was on the NT bandwagon when I first seen these but after a few weeks these have grown on me tremendously. I love the design because it isn't "safe." Most nike and jordan b-ball shoes look very similar now and aren't all that innovative.

These shoes look like a shoe for 2011 and beyond. They look futuristic and the bold lines that sculp the ankle area to the midsole, mixed with the different materials screams unique.

For some reason they remind me of a Ferrari. I hope none of you cop any because I might get every color and hopefully they will go on the clearance racks soon.

Saw the white/reds on display at my local HOH. Can't say they look any better in person. I still don't like the style of the shoe....

^^^ Just got done with the review and should be up by mid-week. Let me say, I was VERY shocked at the way these played. I know the concensus on here about the looks, but don't judge a book...

Jimmyjazz.com currently has the 1st two colorways up on there site for sale @ a price of 500.00!!!!!.......hahahahaha
roll.gif
.....definitely some type of mistake!!!

Really liking the Heat PE's can't say the same about the GR. Maybe JB should release them to HOH.
nerd.gif
I would definitely scoop up some pairs.
wink.gif

They're at spots now. They look like they run big.  I'd cop the wht/infrared/blk colorway and the HoH colorway.  

I'm probably gonna cop the 2011's but I wanted to check in this thread to see your opinions on the shoe. Which shoe would be better for a 5'11, 170 lb guy who plays pickup games with friends? I'm not in need of the most technical shoe but I DO need a new pair of hightops soon.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

The shoe looks too bulky for a player that is known for quick slashing and cutting. It reminds me of the Adidas KobeTwo and the unreleased KobeThree sample. The overall upper screams late 90's early '00's Adidas in general.

Also, for a guard, not having a great deal of court feel is a definite drawback. From what it looks like, the foot would be at least a quarter/half inch off the ground.. You can get away with that in a post players shoe, but court feel is a high priority for a guard.

I think the lace shroud looks interesting, but it is hard to tell from that view.
yup very bulky, looks like the Kobes as you said mixed with the XVs. 
and the kobes dont preform too well so....

Originally Posted by Venomenon

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

yup very bulky, looks like the Kobes as you said mixed with the XVs. 
and the kobes dont preform too well so....
Huh? Kobes are bulky? and they dont perform well? Hook me up with some of what you are smoking.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom