Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Freeze

Jeremy's legend ends tomorrow. the heat are gonna eat the young fella. and if lin actually does start to get off, u already know lebron is gonna check him up. and if bron bron could put the choke hole of d rose, lin will be food.
You don't say? One of the best defenders in the league, who is stronger, faster, and heavier than Lin would lock him up?
Tell me more, professor.
You would be the first one posting
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.
Ofcourse nobody is expecting LeBron to guard Lin and then he goes off on him.

Originally Posted by Freeze

Jeremy's legend ends tomorrow. the heat are gonna eat the young fella. and if lin actually does start to get off, u already know lebron is gonna check him up. and if bron bron could put the choke hole of d rose, lin will be food.
You don't say? One of the best defenders in the league, who is stronger, faster, and heavier than Lin would lock him up?
Tell me more, professor.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.
Ofcourse nobody is expecting LeBron to guard Lin and then he goes off on him.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Would Lin have time to become a Chinese Citizen to compete with them in the Olympics? Has it been mentioned?

Nah bro he should play for USA.Deron PaulLinWho else is there
It's not that simple. The complexity of the political issues between China and Taiwan will arise. It's a headache talking about China and Taiwan issues, but Lin would be placed into that situation if he does try to be a Chinese Citizen, which I think will never happen. Anyways, it's a lose lose situation if Lin plays for the National Team of China. Making money, through marketing and playing basketball in China (not for the national team) is a different story.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Would Lin have time to become a Chinese Citizen to compete with them in the Olympics? Has it been mentioned?

Nah bro he should play for USA.Deron PaulLinWho else is there
It's not that simple. The complexity of the political issues between China and Taiwan will arise. It's a headache talking about China and Taiwan issues, but Lin would be placed into that situation if he does try to be a Chinese Citizen, which I think will never happen. Anyways, it's a lose lose situation if Lin plays for the National Team of China. Making money, through marketing and playing basketball in China (not for the national team) is a different story.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.

What does that have to do with anything? If Lebron or Wade covers Lin and shuts him down the entire game.. then good, that's what is supposed to happen. If Lin manages to play great against that defense, then it's impressive. Just because I don't expect something to happen, doesn't mean I can't be pleased if it does. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

i believe if he doesnt have a good game or is locked up ppl will use a liteny of excuses such as they just played the night before, mia had rest, the melo coming back and have to adjust to him.... very few ppl will say oh he played bad etc... or they will say oh its cause its the heat, or its just one game.

Just like fans can make excuses for every bad performance if they try hard enough. Not all excuses are automatically invalid, either. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.

What does that have to do with anything? If Lebron or Wade covers Lin and shuts him down the entire game.. then good, that's what is supposed to happen. If Lin manages to play great against that defense, then it's impressive. Just because I don't expect something to happen, doesn't mean I can't be pleased if it does. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

i believe if he doesnt have a good game or is locked up ppl will use a liteny of excuses such as they just played the night before, mia had rest, the melo coming back and have to adjust to him.... very few ppl will say oh he played bad etc... or they will say oh its cause its the heat, or its just one game.

Just like fans can make excuses for every bad performance if they try hard enough. Not all excuses are automatically invalid, either. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.

Originally Posted by LDJ

i just hope either instance is warrant

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.

Originally Posted by LDJ

i just hope either instance is warrant

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

First of all, I think it is great that LIN is breaking grounds. This whole Linsanity thing has created a prejudice. I think because of the prejudice, it is even more deserving of the attention. What Mayweather said was right. It's because this whole thing has 'race' written over it. Is it a racial thing? Of course it is. But it's because of the racial implications which is why America is where it is at today. If you can prove yourself, work hard, and seize the opportunity, you will have success.

With that said, LIN will be under scrutiny because of what this has become. He cannot escape this nor deny it. He'll have to fight it and prove it. The media is able to twist everything in LIN's direction because it is "EASY". Gone are the days of fabricated rumors, gone are the drama stories we have seen night in and night out. We are now in with an easy story because LIN's story is fresh.

As with anything this thing will turn into a racial facade in no time. LIN must be humble, but I don't see it, and whether he is PLAYING THE HUMBLE CARD or ACTUALLY HUMBLE are two diff't things. As of late, I think he'll have no choice but to be humble because of the attention he has created.

He has a long way to go, but I would wish he would stop w/ all the excessive antics and just play the game.

What the !#$% are you talking about?
laugh.gif
yeah i agree..... im a big jlin fan but this is most def a set up ... its not like tebow story this guy can play but will he be able to sustain the level of play is the question.....(i hope so) like for other rookies/sophs their is a bigger maginifying glass ...... Si will put that cover up but if this ends up as a ron harper or penny story they will do exactly the same thing but in a more negative fashion ... OAN ! all these race talks are OD ive seen so may writers take such a bias approach which is terrible wiriting  and no research being done ... this is slowly turning into some african american vs asia  thing in the sports world when the players have nothing to do with the pre determined biases that are in the sports world... its  the power that be.. owners, gm's etc... and some of society i might add   ... excuse the sentence structure  and randomness

thanks

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

First of all, I think it is great that LIN is breaking grounds. This whole Linsanity thing has created a prejudice. I think because of the prejudice, it is even more deserving of the attention. What Mayweather said was right. It's because this whole thing has 'race' written over it. Is it a racial thing? Of course it is. But it's because of the racial implications which is why America is where it is at today. If you can prove yourself, work hard, and seize the opportunity, you will have success.

With that said, LIN will be under scrutiny because of what this has become. He cannot escape this nor deny it. He'll have to fight it and prove it. The media is able to twist everything in LIN's direction because it is "EASY". Gone are the days of fabricated rumors, gone are the drama stories we have seen night in and night out. We are now in with an easy story because LIN's story is fresh.

As with anything this thing will turn into a racial facade in no time. LIN must be humble, but I don't see it, and whether he is PLAYING THE HUMBLE CARD or ACTUALLY HUMBLE are two diff't things. As of late, I think he'll have no choice but to be humble because of the attention he has created.

He has a long way to go, but I would wish he would stop w/ all the excessive antics and just play the game.

What the !#$% are you talking about?
laugh.gif
yeah i agree..... im a big jlin fan but this is most def a set up ... its not like tebow story this guy can play but will he be able to sustain the level of play is the question.....(i hope so) like for other rookies/sophs their is a bigger maginifying glass ...... Si will put that cover up but if this ends up as a ron harper or penny story they will do exactly the same thing but in a more negative fashion ... OAN ! all these race talks are OD ive seen so may writers take such a bias approach which is terrible wiriting  and no research being done ... this is slowly turning into some african american vs asia  thing in the sports world when the players have nothing to do with the pre determined biases that are in the sports world... its  the power that be.. owners, gm's etc... and some of society i might add   ... excuse the sentence structure  and randomness

thanks

He's on the cover of SI again? I can't think of the last time someone has been on the cover 2 weeks in a row...Probably Tiger Woods or MJ

He's on the cover of SI again? I can't think of the last time someone has been on the cover 2 weeks in a row...Probably Tiger Woods or MJ

Originally Posted by werallequal

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

If anything I think Lin would like to play for Chinese Taipei before China  Team USA.
im sure he would love to but come on now ... that would be a disrespectful

What would be disrespectful? Playing for team USA?

Back
Top Bottom