OFFICIAL Jazz @Lakers GAME 2 10:30 PM TNT Vol. 5 on 8

Originally Posted by acidicality

^Yeah, I do agree the Lakers were definitely the better team, but I just think that you guys shouldn't really care what Utah is sayin', cuz if the tables were turned I think some of u guys would complain as well. enh, i shouldn't have went in like that but i felt like chiming in
laugh.gif

Millsap and Deron were very aggressive today....I felt Deron didn't get some calls at times though (in the 4th) when he drove it in. I'm not saying UTah got robbed by this game at all, the Lakers had answers for every "run" Utah sort of made; whenever they made it a 5 pt game, it would be back to a 10 point game in no time...

FTs definitely weren't the reason Utah lost, but I just hate that other fans are critiquing what they said, when if the tables were turned they'd be complaining, especially the ones that are going hard on Utah for complaining. but there aren't any Jazz fans here at all...
laugh.gif
. again i'm not agreeing with Utah (although i can see how it appears that way in my initial post)

I am critiquing the comments because the ONLY reason they are making them is to get the refs to swallow the whistle at home (it is called politics, everyteam does it). They played garbage grab-a-jersey defense 2 games in a row and now want to play the same style at home with the refs permission. If they areplaying the game by lobbying, then I am playing the game by critiquing them. Can't have it both ways.

Just got back from the game...

here are a few crappy pics but man thye gave out signs and T shirts. I ended up with 3 shirts!

just got back from the game too, somehow we ended up with 0 shirts tho.. i took some crappy sidekick photos but they arent really goof enough to host and putup here... Lakeshow looked pretty good though, pretty easy win tonight.. utah made a slight run in the 4th but never got below 6.. we shut Boozer down tonight.MVP presentation was sick tho... glad to be in attendance.

guess you can't say anything bad about the lakers here if you're not a lakers fan
frown.gif
Not true bro.

Many people(including myself) have ragged on the Lakers about their D, Kobe, etc.
They are just playing REALLY good basketball right now.

I'm not saying I agree with this 8tothe24 guy because I don't.
They can blame whatever they want, bottomline is the Lakers won
I haven't had problems with the officiating, but maybe that's because we're undefeated
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

guess you can't say anything bad about the lakers here if you're not a lakers fan
frown.gif
Not true bro.

Many people(including myself) have ragged on the Lakers about their D, Kobe, etc.
They are just playing REALLY good basketball right now.

I'm not saying I agree with this 8tothe24 guy because I don't.
They can blame whatever they want, bottomline is the Lakers won
I haven't had problems with the officiating, but maybe that's because we're undefeated
laugh.gif

You disagree with me that I stated facts that the Jazz are complaining about freethrows.
laugh.gif

Not once did I complain, I am just stating the truth and Acid has a problemwith that. So if you disagree that they are complaining about freethrows then go watch the interviews. I am stating that they are playing the media game;which, Phil Jackson does more than most. So again, I did not once complain; so instead of trying to stir trouble against me, why don't you read what I sayfirst.

I have this feeling the way this Laker team is playing, and Kobe, that the Lakers will sweep the Jazz, and perhaps go undefeated in the playoffs and Finalswinning the championship in that fashion. You heard it here first.

I just don't see anyone beating them, they are on a all time high that no other team can touch. A higher, and different level compared to the other playoffteams.

^
laugh.gif
nah i'm cool man, don't have a problem with that
tongue.gif
, you're right, it definitely is sort of a media game with what Utah is doing...Idon't think Sloan is really saying that to his players behind closed doors though. Also I can't believe I'm continuing on with this, but when Philwas complaining about the calls in the last game I remember most people co-signed him...(during the between qtr interview).that was why i said what i initiallysaid.

ok i think i'll stop; i really have no real problem with what you said cuz i can see where you're coming from, but i just hope you'reconsistent and if Utah wins(again it's an "if") you don't go complain about officiating.
happy.gif

^
no prob acid, we cool. I just don't like when people try to turn post against others when there is no need for that on NT (unless obviously needed, but Idon't feel I said anything wrong).

Edit: I actually have a feeling Utah might win this next one. I am not on the Sweep bandwagon, people are not giving Utah credit right now.

Good fun game to watch. Solid contributions from everyone on the Lakers. The Jazz look lost on both ends of the court. They'll be lucky if they win one athome, nevermind the series.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

I have this feeling the way this Laker team is playing, and Kobe, that the Lakers will sweep the Jazz, and perhaps go undefeated in the playoffs and Finals winning the championship in that fashion. You heard it here first.

I just don't see anyone beating them, they are on a all time high that no other team can touch. A higher, and different level compared to the other playoff teams.

grin.gif

Mark my words, you'll be singing a different tune comeGame 3.

Not that I'm doubting this Lakers team, but, the homecourt the Jazz have is ridiculous. The calls they get. And don't get. Kobe will not get to theline 10+ times like how he's been doing in games 1 + 2. Etc.

Lakers are playing their best ball of the season (and peaking at the right time it seems like), but winning at Utah is no easy task. If the Lakers can get just1 of game 3/4 the Lakers should be extremely happy going back to LA with a chance to win the series...Utah is nearly unbeatable in SLC-I don't know what itis...but it's just ridiculous.

ot29gh.jpg

Great Game!
Kobe MVP Ceremony - Goosebumps, long time coming
Free MVP Shirts and Signs-
pimp.gif

Crowd -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Electric!

Fish -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Vic the Brick - Ubiquitous
roll.gif

Kobe -
glasses.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

Vanessa -
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
annnnnnggggg!

Lakers are playing their best ball of the season (and peaking at the right time it seems like), but winning at Utah is no easy task. If the Lakers can get just 1 of game 3/4 the Lakers should be extremely happy going back to LA with a chance to win the series...Utah is nearly unbeatable in SLC-I don't know what it is...but it's just ridiculous.

its loud, its hostile, .....basically its a ranch...for....I wont go there.
Lakers will take game 3, Utah is just too slow against the Lakers offense,and they dont have any athletic advantage to create mismatches on offense like the Warriors or Hornets, against the Lakers. Phils already gearing Kobe for arun until June, hes resting him quite a bit the last two games.

I don't know if anyone caught it but Kobe basically calling for a finish in June at the end of his MVP speech during the ceremony.

Did VTB go up into the stands tonight? He got a lot of heat on am570 this week for not going up there like he says he does.

Did VTB go up into the stands tonight? He got a lot of heat on am570 this week for not going up there like he says he does.

Yeah he was everywhere in the stands. Sorry i didn't take any pics i was too into the game. Feeeelllinggg yooouuuu Vic!

Back
Top Bottom