+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Have we discussed at all what label is handling the distrubution?

Last time for BP3, Atlantic handled distribution. WTT had def jam doing the work if I am not mistaken.

This go around i haven't really heard mention of it. I mean he isn't signed to a label at all so I am curious about it. I dont know if it would be Sony/Columbia even tho that is were Cole is under the Roc Nation umbrella.

Someone tell me if im wrong but, #newrules is basically releasing mixtapes as albums "jay basically does viral previews of tracks, and ties in the app to guarantee that the leak doesn't reflect the sales , he already got paid off the album from the samsung deal and in return samsung gets the physical money, i know itunes aint haviing none of that.

this format is no different then releasing a mixtape.

Last edited:
This isn't true

At least in Jay's case, he does it according to the beat. So he creates the flow pattern and everything while listening to the beat.

It's been shown in several documentaries and tv programs. Even in the Samsung commercials, when he's mumbling along to it.

You can tell the difference in some other people, because they have the same flow no matter the beat structure. They might do it that way.

THATS WHAT I SAID... you hear the beat before u go in the booth to record dont you?

people write songs to beats... nobody writes to air except punchline/battle rappers

Someone tell me if im wrong but, #newrules is basically releasing mixtapes as albums "jay basically does viral previews of tracks, and ties in the app to guarantee that the leak doesn't reflect the sales , he already got paid off the album from the samsung deal and in return samsung gets the physical money, i know itunes aint haviing none of that.

this format is no different then releasing a mixtape.

Its actually very different. For one there is a business transaction and Jay is profiting from the sales of his music. Even after the first million free downloads which Samsung paid for Jay is still gong to make money off of people who buy physical copies and purchase elsewhere (Itunes, amazon, etc). So its actually nothing like a mixtape at all.

i like the features on this album... a lot of solo tracks by jay, but the few features are mostly r&b features who will do some nice things on the hooks & bridges. ross & hov deliver on collabs together too, so im don't mind that feature either

embed not working, but pharrell's reaction to the sea sick line :lol:

Am I the only one that loves that there is no single yet and hopes there isn't one?

i feel the same way, especially with this dropping real soon i hope he doesn't release anything & just puts it out on the 4th.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone pointed this out already but I thought Jay Z said he doesn't write rhymes he just comes up with them in his head and spits it like Biggie used to do but in this video he got a pen and pad and is writing rhymes what type of BS is that? I guess Lil Wayne is the only one of the greats that doesn't write rhymes.

PLEASE tell me you're under 14 years old.

wow.

if not.

ban hammer.

Got this from elsewhere so I dunno how accurate:

1. Picasso Baby (prod by. Kanye West, Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer, Travis Scott)
2. Heaven (prod by. No I.D.)
3. Versus (prod by. E*vax)
4. Tom Ford (prod by. Rick Rubin, Jay-Z )
5. Beach Is Better (prod by. Mike Will Made It )
6. ****WithMeYouKnowIGotIt (Feat. Rick Ross) (prod by. Boi-1da, 40)
7. Oceans (Feat. Frank Ocean) (prod by. Hudson Mohawke, Lunice )
8. F.U.T.W. (prod by. Rick Rubin, Q-Tip, No I.D. )
9. Part II (On The Run) (Feat. Beyonce) (prod by. Kanye West, Mike Dean, Arca, Gesaffelstein, Jack Donoghue )
10. BBC (prod by. Swizz Beatz, Timbaland)
11. La Familia (prod by. Jahlil Beats)
12. Jay-Z Blue (prod by. Pharrell Williams, Jay-Z)
13. Nickles & Dimes (prod by. Sean C & LV)

14. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) (prod by. Timberlake, Timbaland, Jerome Harmon )
15. Open Letter (prod by. Swizz Beatz, Timbaland)

EDIT: Incomplete?

Jay-Z just released lyrics to the song "BBC" featuring Justin Timberlake, Beyoncé, Nas, Pharrell, & Timbaland :wow:

Last edited:
BBC...EWWW in my dj drama voice..lookin forward to that track..rappers are spoiling us now with all these all-star collabs lol..not even mad I just hope to trend doesn't get played out

I've written one song in my head... It takes time

Its actually not that hard.. You just keep repeating the same line over and over until you remember it.. then move on to the next.. repeat both lines move on to the next.. repeat 3 lines move on to the next..

It took me about a month to write 2 verses in my head and have them memorized.. listening to the beat 10000 times a week reciting it...

yall making it seem like its rocket science... its memorization... i personally dont have time to do it as it takes longer.. but HOV has unlimited time to do these exercises... and he's mastered it obviously...

Semi off topic but I went back and re-listened to Kingdom Come and BP3, and here's what i came up with for what I thought were the best tracks on both albums to make for 1 very good one:
1) The Prelude
2) Death of Autotune
3) Empire State of Mind

4) Lost One
5) Trouble
6) Real As It Gets
7) Run this Town
8 Oh My God
9) I Made It

10) 30 Something
11) Hate
12) Dig A Hole
13) Already Home
14) So Ambitious
15) Minority Report
16) Beach Chair

The bolded ones were my actual faves from both albums, the italicized ones are of course the singles, which I thought were dope yet eventually overplayed (duh). The ones in blue are better songs to me now than I remember back then, and I threw "Hate" on there cause it's decent, yet a song that is easily replaceable. After listening to these again from start to finish after all this time, it just re-enforces how underwhelming both of these were in relation to the rest of his catalog. Nothing downright awful, but just not a lot that really hits home. If I did this for the songs from both albums that I still keep in constant rotation, it would be 5-6 songs at best. Sure, it would be fine for some current hyped up dudes to release these, but not Jay-Z.

so if you dont have any of these phones when can you get this to download ?

i have a galaxy 2 and its not compatible

im not buying a new phone to listen to jay z

Timbaland looks so confused in all these videos. lol
I'm confused too.

Last edited:
Lol I don't know why the "sea-sick/see-sick" line was kinda simple after he explained the concept for the song

Last edited:
Come up for air Bosh. Even at his "peak", he was only a bit better than marginal. Constantly pumping out 15 mixtapes a year over a long period of time, including never-ending freestyles just means you are in the studio a lot and have a very good work ethic, that's. He has a large catalog...ok? So does Papoose (mixtape wise) and Pastor Troy (not dissing Troy). He's been absolutely embarrassing for nearly 6 years now, had a 4 year period of labeling himself as "best rapper alive" (LOL yea, Nas, Jay, Em, and like 15 other rappers were dead during that time apparently), and the majority of the rest of that time had verses sandwiched between Juvenile, BG, and Turk, and even Mannie Fresh & Birdman to hide his limitations. He'll only go down as a g.o.a.t. when he dies cause he's fans will overrate the hell out of him like they do now. Hopefully he lives another 50+ years so his music and influence can just fade away into obscurity, cause a swift death for him would have you and his other drone-like fans to put him in front of Nas, Biggie, Pun, Jay, Rakim, etc.

Lyrics, is this what we do now, forgo singles and drop lyrics?! Is that whats hot in the streets, having ****** anticipate your ******g rhymes?! I'm bootlegging the .apk, **** this man *drops mic*

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom