+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

That's pretty odd to give an announcement for a single and then just go silent. I wonder if this is part of marketing strategy? Get people thirsting for the album even more.

That's pretty odd to give an announcement for a single and then just go silent. I wonder if this is part of marketing strategy? Get people thirsting for the album even more.

It probably is (part of the marketing strategy). I know I am probably in the minority just wanted the album to drop without a single being released. So honestly if a single doesn't drop I am all for it and I like the move.

It probably is (part of the marketing strategy). I know I am probably in the minority just wanted the album to drop without a single being released. So honestly if a single doesn't drop I am all for it and I like the move.
I seriously doubt it is.

Something or somebody ****** up with the release window or info, whether its Hov people or Samsung. When is the last time a high profile rapper mention a RD for a single and didnt drop it for 'marketing strategy'?

:smh:

^Exactly the point...no high profile rapper has done it before. #NewRules

I am not saying I am definitely right and you are wrong. I just don't think its inconceivable for him to do this. Jay is at the point in his career where he definitely doesn't NEED to drop a single before releasing an album. IF this is indeed his marketing strategy then I think this is the point he would be trying to make as another one of his "new rules."

Last edited:
I just read the lyrics to oceans and that joint has potential to be epic. Why did son black out the words Jesus and God the same way the swear words are blacked out? Dude is really trying to push this illuminati talk.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Illuminati, could be because it's a joint venture with Samsung he censored it to avoid it looking like there is any type of religious undertone. The same way they don't say God and Jesus in commercials often, don't want to seem bias to one sect of people, potentially turning off others. Idk, it makes sense to me but I'm not sure if that came out right :\

Last edited:
Was it ever confirmed that a single would drop last night or was it just speculation from an unconfirmed source?

I dont even want the song to come out anymore. I can wait the seven days to listen to it along with the rest of the album. If the release date was further out then it would be a different story.

I just read the lyrics to oceans and that joint has potential to be epic. Why did son black out the words Jesus and God the same way the swear words are blacked out? Dude is really trying to push this illuminati talk.

I really don't think people are getting exactly what he's pushing in these "New rules" and the **** has NOTHING to do with this boogeyman Illuminati ****.

They released the lyrics to "Part II (On the Run)" today, it...

features Beyoncé and is Bonnie and Clyde Part II

:pimp: now that sounds like a dope song. Looking forward to seeing who produces it. If Kanye produces the sequel too it would be :wow:

Back
Top Bottom