+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

So its not going to be in stores until Tuesday
mean.gif
. So annoying.

IDK what you are listening to, they've yet to put out a good track together
take it back, and apologize

Success and I Do It For Hip Hop are two very dope tracks they've done together (even though Luda and Nas' verses were so much better, while Jay purposely gave a lazy verse).

And so....this isn't gonna be in stores today like they've been advertising? :stoneface:

Last edited:
What I said about the Nas and Jay collabs, none of them have reached their full potential

suprised alot of people ain't feeling this album. i think it's the best piece of work we got from Jay in a long time. he's the King Of New York as of right now.
the album was wack to me. the bars OVERALL weren't that good IMHO, the production was weak...etc.

everybody here overhyped it.

i think this work we got from jay is more of the same post black album. and saying he's the king of ny doesn't mean much. who else is making noise out of ny that we would crown king. french?:rolleyes

timbaland pissed me off talking about this was top 3 jay album material and his best work yet. smh in disgust. i know he's trying to get back in jay's good graces or whatever but he's flat out lying.

listen to this album and listen to vol. 2, blueprint, the black album, etc. :smh:

the album was wack to me. the bars OVERALL weren't that good IMHO, the production was weak...etc.

everybody here overhyped it.

i think this work we got from jay is more of the same post black album. and saying he's the king of ny doesn't mean much. who else is making noise out of ny that we would crown king. french?:rolleyes

timbaland pissed me off talking about this was top 3 jay album material and his best work yet. smh in disgust. i know he's trying to get back in jay's good graces or whatever but he's flat out lying.

listen to this album and listen to vol. 2, blueprint, the black album, etc. :smh:

some moments had cringe worthy bars, but there's still sparks of brilliance left in the tank for example: that Heaven track. that song is pure art right there.

Well I can agree with that. I think that's more timing than anything. Just like 50 Cent taking too long to work with his former enemies when they all were buzzing (Jada/Styles P/Jim Jones), Jay and Nas did the same. They should've squashed things around 03 near The Black Album instead of doing it a couple weeks before Kingdom Come's release. 3 years is an eternity in music. That's why a GUnit/Dipset/DBlock collab in 2013 means nothing, compared to what it would have meant in 2006 or 2007. Jay and Nas of course aren't off the map like most of them, but it's the same premise.

SoHi is the exact reason why people on this board have no credibility... he just replying to be radical

and also how can you switch Jay-Z Blue verses with Tom Ford etc etc

I see why artists dumb down, cause no one gets the lyrics

But if you really believe that how can those different flows be swapped and the song sound the same, because you said EVERY verse sound the same but just listed 3 different flows.

How does that make sense ?

He didn't acknowledge different flows until he was called out for saying that EVERY verse sounded alike.

Then he says there are like 3/4 different flows which contradicts his og post IMO.

Since you're attempting to speak for him , answer this question.

How can you mix and match EVERY verse on the album with any song if there are 3/4 different flows ? Wouldn't certain songs sound ridiculous with certain flows because he spit them specifically for that beat ?

Statement doesn't add up no matter how its sliced.

Y'all be taking things literal as hell.
Obviously he has songs w/ a specific subject matter, obviously he has different flows for specific songs/beats.
But what I mean when I say all songs sounds the same is just that. Even with a different flow or different subject matter it all feels like the same jay-z.
Like there's nothing he hasn't said on damn near any of these songs before. That's why I can't tell songs apart, he talks the same **** on most songs.
What I got out of this album was a better version of BP3 with better production.

And I'm holding J**** to a higher standard than any rappers, he has the best production and one of the best catalogs in history.
He should be innovative and opening doors, instead he's doing the same old same old.
Same old superproducers, same J**** raps. Some of yall like that ****, I understand it. I'm just looking for some new ****.
That's not to say I don't listen to lyrics or appreciate lyrics.
I'd just rather listen to Kendrick, Gibbs, Q, etc on these MCHG beats.

And to deny the presence of Lil Reece in J**** and Ross on this album is disrespectful. They stole that dude's ****.
Just like he damn near hijacked Kanye's marketing plan :lol:

SoHi is the exact reason why people on this board have no credibility... he just replying to be radical

and also how can you switch Jay-Z Blue verses with Tom Ford etc etc

I see why artists dumb down, cause no one gets the lyrics
But if you really believe that how can those different flows be swapped and the song sound the same, because you said EVERY verse sound the same but just listed 3 different flows.

How does that make sense ?
He didn't acknowledge different flows until he was called out for saying that EVERY verse sounded alike.

Then he says there are like 3/4 different flows which contradicts his og post IMO.

Since you're attempting to speak for him , answer this question.

How can you mix and match EVERY verse on the album with any song if there are 3/4 different flows ? Wouldn't certain songs sound ridiculous with certain flows because he spit them specifically for that beat ?

Statement doesn't add up no matter how its sliced.

Obviously he has songs w/ a specific subject matter, obviously he has different flows for specific songs/beats.
But what I mean when I say all songs sounds the same is just that. Even with a different flow or different subject matter it all feels like the same jay-z.
Like there's nothing he hasn't said on damn near any of these songs before. That's why I can't tell songs apart, he talks the same **** on most songs.
What I got out of this album was a better version of BP3 with better production.

And I'm holding J**** to a higher standard than any rappers, he has the best production and one of the best catalogs in history.
He should be innovative and opening doors, instead he's doing the same old same old.
Same old superproducers, same J**** raps. Some of yall like that ****, I understand it. I'm just looking for some new ****.

And to deny the presence of Lil Reece in J**** and Ross on this album is disrespectful. They stole that dude's ****.
Just like he damn near hijacked Kanye's marketing plan
laugh.gif
but you buy a jayz album to get.... jayz

plus hes good/popular enough to not switch his style up and still watch his money pile up 

Just like he damn near hijacked Kanye's marketing plan :lol:

lmao, people can't ever admit when they wrong
and this is a messageboard how else are we suppose to take what you writing down but literal

you say he talks the same ish on most songs, what rapper doesnt??? like why knock Jay... like eminem doesnt whine about his mother or his broken home situation
like currensy doesnt talk about weed... you dudes are tooo picky and if he was being innivative ie Kanye on yeezus, yall would pick that apart too and say i want old jay or kanye back

I'm not saying you got to like MCHG by no means, but dont try to feed a BS statement that makes no sense, then get called on it, and act like we crazy,

Ok, I might have been unclear to you in my 1st post but I hope u understand what I'm saying now.

I don't listen to Eminem or Currensy much anymore for that same reason.

View media item 483950
that's a lot to ask of me for a friggin "free" download of this album.
anyone else agree?

Just read something about it a couple days ago.

In “Jay’s Back ASAP,” a song on a 2010 mixtape called “Creative Control,” Jay-Z was indignant about phone surveillance and bribing witnesses: “They tap, them feds don’t play fair/They pay rats to say that they’re part of your operation,” he rapped. But to market his new album, “Magna Carta ... Holy Grail,” he didn’t exactly stand on principle.

Samsung bought a million downloads of the album, for $5 each, to be given away on July 4 — five days before the album’s official release — through a mobile application, JAY Z Magna Carta, on certain Samsung models. It’s an ugly piece of software.

It demands permissions, including reading the phone’s status and identity, which made some users, notably the rapper Killer Mike, suspicious: Does Jay-Z really need to log my calls? It also gathers “accounts,” the e-mail addresses and social-media user names connected to the phone. Those permissions are often part of a typical app package. This one got worse.

When installed, it demanded a working log in to Facebook or Twitter and permission to post on the account. “We would like fans to share the content through social networking sites,” a Jay-Z spokeswoman said by e-mail. (E-mail to Samsung Mobile’s customer service address for the app was returned as undeliverable throughout Wednesday.) But the app was more coercive.

In the days before the album’s release through Samsung, the app promised to display lyrics — with a catch. “Unlocking” the lyrics required a post on Facebook or Twitter. I used Twitter, where hitting the “Tweet” button brought up a canned message: “I just unlocked a new lyric ‘Crown’ in the JAY Z Magna Carta app. See them first. http://smsng.us/MCHG2 #MagnaCarta.” The message could be altered, but something had to be sent. No post, no lyrics — for every song. Users were forced to post again and again. And frankly, a lyric that is going to show up almost immediately on the Internet isn’t much of a bribe for spamming your friends.

It’s telling that Jay-Z — who boasts regularly about his millions of sales — and Samsung didn’t simply trust fans to post or tweet on their own. Sure, Jay-Z probably isn’t the only one offering apps that treat personal relationships as mandatory marketing tools. But with more than half a million downloads, that’s a lot of artificial status updates.

I can’t be the only one who thinks it’s creepy, especially when Edward J. Snowden’s revelations have shown the extent of government surveillance of e-mails and phone records. If Jay-Z wants to know about my phone calls and e-mail accounts, why doesn’t he join the National Security Agency? Nor is it particularly reassuring, to me anyway, that this example of data collection and forced speech was required by corporations — Samsung and Jay-Z’s Roc Nation rather than the government.

On some level, Jay-Z knows better. A streak of paranoia has been running through his lyrics for years. One recurring theme is that his prominence as an African-American success story makes him a high-profile target, always under scrutiny. “Feds still lurking/They see I’m still putting work in,” he raps in a new song, “Somewhere in America.” Yet now, it’s Jay-Z who’s lurking — in my phone. Another song, “Nickels and Dimes,” insists, “The greatest form of giving is anonymous to anonymous.” For the gift of the album, fans aren’t anonymous to Jay-Z now. He’s another data miner, gathering more than half a million e-mail and social-media accounts. Maybe he should send us an apology.

Oh, and the app didn’t deliver my album for more than hour after it was supposed to be available. Jay-Z’s sponsors at Samsung proved themselves not only intrusive, but technically inept.

NY Times

Lil reece, lil b inthe same breath as jay-z....you young dudes are getting out of control

He did playfully use Love Sosa's flow on one song. And the chorus on Tom Ford is very derivative of Lil b hooks for songs like Ellen Degeneres and Charlie Sheen. (ie. a celebrity name said over and over for seemingly no reason.) But Jay is probably unaware of that because he doesn't use computers.

His wordplay is clever as ever, but its been a while since I've had some Jay stick. I was such a big fan of his old stuff but pretty much everything since bp1, imo just seems kinda off. Definitely respect his work tho, but this album will be forgotten, dont think ill be bumpin this 2 months from now...Its jammin but I can't connect with it for whatever reason.

I take back every bad thing I've said about MCHG. After listening to it at the gym yesterday and today, this album goes. It took me a few days to love it, but I really do like this album. The only songs I don't really rock with are Part II, BBC, Versus, and Nickels and Dimes is kind ehhhhh.

Crown :smokin:smokin

Back
Top Bottom