Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Best thing about 3.0: SearchLight lets you search for a song and play it through car-radio USB hook up without unplugging the phone because of that stupid'Accessory Attached' screen.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

QUESTION: So I wanted to buy an iPhonetoday but they hit me with that $500 deposit. Since I can't do that due to lack of funds.
smh.gif

If I add another line on my parents Family Talk plan would that decrease/eliminate me having to put a deposit for the phone?
nerd.gif

so i unlocked my 3G with redsnow and it worked just fine and took no time at all

what apps are a must (other than the first page has shown)...
I got aptbackup
cycorder
winterboard
snapture

what else is a must??

Originally Posted by its Labrev

QUESTION: So I wanted to buy an iPhone today but they hit me with that $500 deposit. Since I can't do that due to lack of funds.
smh.gif

If I add another line on my parents Family Talk plan would that decrease/eliminate me having to put a deposit for the phone?
nerd.gif

as long as your parents didnt have to pay for a deposit when they first opened the account, youre good.
Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

when is beejive aim going to be able to run in the background? (NATIVE)

like on blackberrys?

the beejiveIM team has to build support for Push first. Im sure its been in development, and just hasnt officially dropped yet. Just gotta be patient. AIMsupports it now i believe if youre looking for an alternative

Just a quick question if I jailbreak on quickpwn will it unlock it automatically because I only want to jailbreak

as long as you select the jailbreak option, your phone will only jailbreak. Unlocking the phone takes extra steps.
For now tho, you can only use Quickpwn for 2.2.1 and below. It's not an option to unlock for 3.0 just yet.
is the regular 3g able to take video's now?

not with this latest update. Only in custom built apps in Cydia (like Cycorder)

anyone else waiting for ultrasn0w too? ive been constantly checking twitter and dev team blog for it

Originally Posted by im that one

so i unlocked my 3G with redsnow and it worked just fine and took no time at all

I got aptbackup

cycorder

winterboard

snapture

what else is a must??

sbsettings
statusnotifier

make your life a whole lot easier and you'll be wondering what it was like without them

i just got the 3gs. i had a question about sending pic and video text. i see how it says to do it in the instructions...but those options dont appear to be onmy phone. do i need to update something or whats the deal? tell me i did not get a bogus 3gs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i just got the 3gs. i had a question about sending pic and video text. i see how it says to do it in the instructions...but those options dont appear to be on my phone. do i need to update something or whats the deal? tell me i did not get a bogus 3gs
laugh.gif
MMS is not available until later this summer, thank AT&T for that
mad.gif
. You can email pictures and videos though
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i just got the 3gs. i had a question about sending pic and video text. i see how it says to do it in the instructions...but those options dont appear to be on my phone. do i need to update something or whats the deal? tell me i did not get a bogus 3gs
laugh.gif
MMS is not available until later this summer, thank AT&T for that
mad.gif
. You can email pictures and videos though
ohwell.gif
ahhh gotcha. thanks for answering man.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by im that one

I got aptbackup

cycorder
winterboard
snapture

what else is a must??

sbsettings
statusnotifier

make your life a whole lot easier and you'll be wondering what it was like without them
thank you, you my friend are appreciated.

two problems for me... my snap shot and folders app wont work, wont open. Ive reinstalled, ive rebooted, etc. How can i make this work???

so confuse in this thread..

ok heres my current situation..

my contract will be over in 2 months..

thinking of switching to att from tmobile..

heres my dilema.. our corprotate discount is offering 8gb 3g iphone for $79 and the 16gb 3gS for $199. (kinda of a big price difference for me)

1. can someone PLEASE give me the difference between the 3g and the 3Gs such as features?

2. if i unlock the 3g can i still get the same features as the 3gs?

3. of the two phone 3g and 3gs which phone will ALLOW me to watch LIVE streaming videos such as PPV or any other live stream shows?

if the features isnt to significant from the phones then ill get the 3g to save cash. please let me know. thanks in advance

Originally Posted by kidUFC

heres my dilema.. our corprotate discount is offering 8gb 3g iphone for $79 and the 16gb 3gS for $199. (kinda of a big price difference for me)

1. can someone PLEASE give me the difference between the 3g and the 3Gs such as features?

3. of the two phone 3g and 3gs which phone will ALLOW me to watch LIVE streaming videos such as PPV or any other live stream shows?

if the features isnt to significant from the phones then ill get the 3g to save cash. please let me know. thanks in advance

1. The 3G and the 3GS (assuming both are on 3.0 software..are very similar. Only differences will be HD size, Wifi speeds (3GS is faster by 2x), and a fewfeatures. The 3GS has a video recorder, magnetometer (for a compass) and a 3MP camera with focus capapbilites, as compared to the 3G's 2MP non-focusingcamera. Everything else is the same.

2. If you jailbreak/unlock the 3G, you can get a video recorder (Cycorder)
3. as for now, no iPhone supports live streaming. Apps are in development however. its just a matter of time.

If you dont need the camera/video recorder, and dont mind the speed of the 3G, i say save a little money and get the 3G. $80 for an iphone isnt bad at all,especially when you consider people were paying more tha double that just a month ago.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

1. The 3G and the 3GS (assuming both are on 3.0 software..are very similar. Only differences will be HD size, Wifi speeds (3GS is faster by 2x), and a few features. The 3GS has a video recorder, magnetometer (for a compass) and a 3MP camera with focus capapbilites, as compared to the 3G's 2MP non-focusing camera. Everything else is the same.

3. as for now, no iPhone supports live streaming. Apps are in development however. its just a matter of time.

If you dont need the camera/video recorder, and dont mind the speed of the 3G, i say save a little money and get the 3G. $80 for an iphone isnt bad at all, especially when you consider people were paying more tha double that just a month ago.
awesome..

i think ill stick with the 3g and get it unlock.. i really dont mind the 2mp camera and ill just use the "cycorder" app (can this send and receivevideos?)

and as far as 3g speed, how fast is it really? lets say i go to myspace homepage, how long does it take to load?

i have a profile for my 3G which is a fake APN changer, so if i upgrade to a 3GS do you think it will work the same?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

kidUFC wrote:

1. The 3G and the 3GS (assuming both are on 3.0 software..are very similar. Only differences will be HD size, Wifi speeds (3GS is faster by 2x), and a few
features. The 3GS has a video recorder, magnetometer (for a compass) and a 3MP camera with focus capapbilites, as compared to the 3G's 2MP non-focusing
camera. Everything else is the same.

If you dont need the camera/video recorder, and dont mind the speed of the 3G, i say save a little money and get the 3G. $80 for an iphone isnt bad at all,
especially when you consider people were paying more tha double that just a month ago.
awesome..

i think ill stick with the 3g and get it unlock.. i really dont mind the 2mp camera and ill just use the "cycorder" app (can this send and receive videos?)

and as far as 3g speed, how fast is it really? lets say i go to myspace homepage, how long does it take to load?

Cycorder can't exactly "send/recieve" but you can use a file transfer protocol to extract the videos from your phone to your computer. 3G isntslow at all..id say in between broadband and 56K. pages load up pretty fast. Keep in mind you also have wifi.

Statusnotifier won't work for me. I don't think it's compatible with 3.0 yet.

Any other apps that are must haves?

So my iPhone 3G is in pretty bad shape - broken glass (not LCD), mute switch is broken, and the back has a decent sized crack. I read about Apple replacingbroken phones for $199, but would mine qualify even though it isn't only the glass that is broken?

Back
Top Bottom