Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

the black one looks way better
time to upgrade my white iphone 3g
happy.gif

Better camera.
Bigger screen.
Probably faster, possibly better battery life.

But some of you are thumbing your nose up at it because it's 'Ugly'.

Hillarious.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the leak slow 3gs sales my ***
they move over a quarter million 3gs a week.
why not just release the god damn phone already
cause they know they can continue to milk the old product, they gonna milk it as long as they can because the average consumer is ******ed, then drop the new one and make yall apple simps do it again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the leak slow 3gs sales my ***

they move over a quarter million 3gs a week.

why not just release the god damn phone already
cause they know they can continue to milk the old product, they gonna milk it as long as they can because the average consumer is ******ed, then drop the new one and make yall apple simps do it again
laugh.gif

as much as i hate apple and steve jobs, i gotta hand it to him. dude knows how to keep his fan base in the palm of his hand.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

i like..ill be paying the 325

why? your contract wasnt signed on june 1st.

again, since people don't bother to read, the 325 ETF is ONLY for contracts signed on june 1st and after. so everybody with a current contract will be paying the normal ETF. if at&t tries to pull some shady %!@!, tell them to go +!%+ themselves... or just be sheep and bend over to at&t and apple. your choice.
you're right i didnt read that
laugh.gif
, good looks

i dont have no credit ima pay the deposit, whatever they want its getting copped 1st week fo sho!.. Apple > htc i dont give a ffffffffffff

Originally Posted by 1boredzombie

i dont have no credit ima pay the deposit, whatever they want its getting copped 1st week fo sho!.. Apple > htc i dont give a ffffffffffff
based on what?

laugh.gif

EVO4G already embarrasses anything on da market right now....HTC droid incredible & Nexus one are superior in every way over da 3gs..4g better step it up large.

wish that the Iphone 4 has a 4'' screen or maybe 3.7... but i guess its too late for wishing.

HTC Please drop the Evo4G in GSM version. then release it world wide!

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

wish that the Iphone 4 has a 4'' screen or maybe 3.7... but i guess its too late for wishing.

HTC Please drop the Evo4G in GSM version. then release it world wide!
da nexus one is 3.7" and is is GSM also uses da same snapdragon 1 gig processor as da EVO4G
wink.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

What is ETF?
when you back outta your contract before its over.

i forgot da actual acronym...

EDIT: its early termination fee.

This is gonna be a tough decision for me.

On one hand, I love the "flow" of the iPhone OS, on the second, I know the EVO 4G's functionality will be greater, but the lack of jumping from app to app without the smoothness makes me question it. Maybe I just gotta play with it (pause).

Are there any stores that have working models of the Evo 4g or Nexus One to play around with and test out?

As much as I love my 3GS, I doubt i'll be copping a 4G.

Android 2.2 is going to have out the box Flash integration and the mobile chip war is heating up.

1.3 GhZ processors, Flash capable, Slide out keyboards, HTC Sense w/ Android 2.2, 8 MP Camera devices are right around the corner.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

based on what?

laugh.gif

EVO4G already embarrasses anything on da market right now....HTC droid incredible & Nexus one are superior in every way over da 3gs..4g better step it up large.
grin.gif
Not even.
laugh.gif

Also try comparing 2010 hardware with 2010 hardware.(Nexus one/Evo 3G to the iPhone HD)
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by ninjahood

based on what?

laugh.gif

grin.gif
Not even.
laugh.gif

Also try comparing 2010 hardware with 2010 hardware.(Nexus one/Evo 3G to the iPhone HD)
wink.gif

Truly it is all a preference issue. Lets just compare the two phones head to head.

[table][tr][td]Model[/td][td]HTC Evo 4G[/td][td]Apple iPhone 4G[/td][/tr][tr][td]Market Status[/td][td]Coming Soon[/td][td]Coming Soon[/td][/tr][tr][td]technology[/td][td]CDMA 1900/800 MHz
1xEV-DO rev.A
WiMAX
[/td][td]GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dimension(mm)[/td][td]116.8 x 66 x 12.7[/td][td]114.3 x 58.7 x 9.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Item Weight[/td][td]170[/td][td]140[/td][/tr][tr][td]SARRating[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen size[/td][td]4.3 inch, 480x800[/td][td]640 x 960 , 3.5 inch (Touchscreen)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen Color[/td][td]TFT 65k colors[/td][td]TFT , 16M colors[/td][/tr][tr][td]Line of Text[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]Menu Type[/td][td]-[/td][td]Proximity sensor for auto turn-off[/td][/tr][tr][td]Design Type[/td][td]Blok[/td][td]Blok[/td][/tr][tr][td]Navigation key[/td][td]G-Sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor[/td][td]Multi-touch input method, [/td][/tr][tr][td]Soft Key[/td][td]-[/td][td]Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate[/td][/tr][tr][td]Other keys[/td][td]-[/td][td]Scratch-resistant surface[/td][/tr][tr][td]Keypad Lighting[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]Antenna[/td][td]Internal[/td][td]Internal[/td][/tr][tr][td]Phonebook[/td][td]-[/td][td]Unlimited[/td][/tr][tr][td]Internal Memory[/td][td]1GB ROM[/td][td]64/80 GB[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memory Expansion[/td][td]microSD (Up to 32GB), 8GB card included[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]Battery Type[/td][td]Li-Ion 1500 mAh[/td][td]Li-Ion[/td][/tr][tr][td]Talk Time(minutes)[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Standby Time(hours)[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Entertainment [table][tr][/tr][tr][td]polyphonic[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Customization[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]MP3[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]FMRadio[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]Video Support[/td][td]HDMI Output[/td][td]Video player[/td][/tr][tr][td]Voice Support[/td][td]-[/td][td]Voice command/dial[/td][/tr][tr][td]Audio Support[/td][td]3.5mm stereo headset jack[/td][td]Audio player[/td][/tr][tr][td]Games[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Connectivity [table][tr][/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth[/td][td]Yes, ver 2.1[/td][td]Yes, ver 2.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Infrared (IrDA)[/td][td]No[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]USB port[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]EDGE[/td][td]-[/td][td]Class 10, 236.8 kbps[/td][/tr][tr][td]Support 3G[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Data Types/GPRS[/td][td]No[/td][td]Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots)[/td][/tr][tr][td]WIFI[/td][td]802.11 b/g[/td][td]Wi-Fi 802.11b/g[/td][/tr][tr][td]HSDPA[/td][td]Null[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Data cable[/td][td]Micro USB[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Messaging [table][tr][/tr][tr][td]SMS[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]EMS[/td][td]No[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]MMS[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Email[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Instant Messaging[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]PTT/POC[/td][td]No[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Software [table][tr][/tr][tr][td]Java(J2ME)[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]WAP[/td][td]No Info[/td][td]No Info[/td][/tr][tr][td]Platform/OS[/td][td]Android OS v2.1[/td][td]Apple OS 4.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Browser[/td][td]XHTML / HTML[/td][td]HTML (Safari)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Predictive Text[/td][td]T9, Handwriting recognition[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Speech Coddecs[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]PIM Application[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]OtherApplication[/td][td]A-GPS, Digital Compass[/td][td]GPS, Active noise cancellation with dedicated microphone, Digital compass, Google Maps, TV-out [/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Personal [table][tr][/tr][tr][td]Themes[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Caller ID[/td][td]Photo ID[/td][td]Photocall[/td][/tr][tr][td]Profile ID[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Camera Features [table][tr][/tr][tr][td]Lens Type[/td][td]CMOS[/td][td]CMOS[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mega pixel[/td][td]8.3[/td][td]5.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Max. Resolution[/td][td](Secondary 1.3MP Camera)[/td][td]2592 x 1944 (Secondary)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Digital Zoom[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Flash[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Night Mode[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Frame[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]Extra Features[/td][td]Auto focus, Digital zoom, Dual LED Flash[/td][td]autofocus, LED flash, Touch focus, geo-tagging[/td][/tr][tr][td]video[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
     So at the end of the day evo has a larger screen but resolution and quality sucks compared to hd, it has a better camera (well not from the front facing end). Flash thats not really a plus or minus, all depends of user. Evo has hdmi input again all depends on the user. A faster processor (its a point of a 3rd ghz) which is maybe 1/10th faster the the hd. Again i doubt that will make a huge difference.

Hd has a secondary mic for noise cancellation as well as built in google maps, earth etc and gps navigation. Oddly enough i thought evo would have this over hd. Hard drive and memory aspect, hd is twice as large w/o the need of purchasing additional memory. Evo comes with 4g off the bat which can be a huge plus, all depends if you are one of the lucky ppl that live in one of the 23 cities that offers it in the entire usa. Thats like owning a race car and living in metro nyc, all the speed, but cant even use it do to limitations.

As far as the app market, lol i wont even waste anyones time with that comparison. Cost wise evo has hd hands down. Well all depends how much external memory,gps,google suite, and navigation will cost. Hd has them in connectivity as evo only options are 4g,3g and wifi whereas hd has edge,2g,3g,wifi, and eventually 4g once there is a market for it.

I will say as far as performance evo>hd from launch date. It will come with faster speeds but over 90% of the market arent in a area where they can utilize this speed. Evo has a larger camera, but has less quality and a much lower resolution. As far as the os, that is all a user preference. Hd does have HSDPA which means it can recieve and transfer data at a much higher rate. Which is good for quick on the fly syncing etc. As far as range of service as you can see hd>evo.

The Hd video aspect comparison is unknown because the specs of evo are out whereas they are uncertain about the hd. So it really isnt fair to compare the unknown. But the ability to connect to tv and watch hd shows in 720 is quite impressive.

At the end of the day where one phone has a weakness the other shines and visa versa. But i still think iphone will previal due to a larger market, more ppl familiar with the brand, and the easy transition from the 3gs,3g to the hd. And lets not forget the hypebeast factor.

Right now its looking like a contract cancellation of 175$ + $200(New iphone price)=375$..hopefully I can get around 350-400 for my current 3GS and call evens.

Back
Top Bottom