Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

I tried using my desktop today and it was so much work. Everything is just so labored when you have to worry about touch-typing, dragging a mouse, and waiting for pages to load.

Safe to say that joint will only be used for synching. I say hoooah!

[h4]Fox asks Time Warner to stop streaming its channels to customers iPads [/h4]
By Richard Lawler posted Mar 30th 2011 at 8:28PM

While we'd heard many networks were unhappy with Time Warner's decision to release its live TV streaming iPad app and there have even been whispers of cease-and-desist letters in the offing, Fox has put a request to have its channels excluded in writing. At issue is whether or not their agreement allows Time Warner to provide the channel on devices other than the TV -- while TWC is confident it does since it only works within the customer's home, the networks would apparently like to renegotiate before conceding anything. Senior VP of Fox Networks Group Scott Grogin confirmed the letter was sent but did not reveal any details about its contents. Following the battle plan of its last battle with Fox, Time Warner Cable has preemptively put up a IWantMyTWCableTVApp site asking customers to show support for the TWCable TV app against the networks. We'll wait to see who blinks first and remember that Dish is already slinging channels to tablets with wild abandon while Comcast and Cablevision have plans for similar implementations on the way.
Yall better fight for the App!

[h4]Fox asks Time Warner to stop streaming its channels to customers iPads [/h4]
By Richard Lawler posted Mar 30th 2011 at 8:28PM

While we'd heard many networks were unhappy with Time Warner's decision to release its live TV streaming iPad app and there have even been whispers of cease-and-desist letters in the offing, Fox has put a request to have its channels excluded in writing. At issue is whether or not their agreement allows Time Warner to provide the channel on devices other than the TV -- while TWC is confident it does since it only works within the customer's home, the networks would apparently like to renegotiate before conceding anything. Senior VP of Fox Networks Group Scott Grogin confirmed the letter was sent but did not reveal any details about its contents. Following the battle plan of its last battle with Fox, Time Warner Cable has preemptively put up a IWantMyTWCableTVApp site asking customers to show support for the TWCable TV app against the networks. We'll wait to see who blinks first and remember that Dish is already slinging channels to tablets with wild abandon while Comcast and Cablevision have plans for similar implementations on the way.
Yall better fight for the App!

[h2]Adobe working on a full featured version of Photoshop for iPad[/h2]
[table][tr][td]by Chris Oldroyd, Thursday, Mar 31, 2011,9 Comments [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

During the Photoshop World 2011 keynote, Adobe showed off a version of its popular PC and Mac application, Photoshop — running on an iPad. This is a totally different version to the Photoshop Express app which is already available. The new Photoshop app was given a short demo, which showed off the use of layers and a few other new features

There was no mention of when this app will be released or if it will be iPad only (or iPad 2 only due to the power needed to run it) but we will keep you in the loop as soon as we hear. If you want to catch a short video of the app in action, head over to Photography Bay.

[h2]Adobe working on a full featured version of Photoshop for iPad[/h2]
[table][tr][td]by Chris Oldroyd, Thursday, Mar 31, 2011,9 Comments [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

During the Photoshop World 2011 keynote, Adobe showed off a version of its popular PC and Mac application, Photoshop — running on an iPad. This is a totally different version to the Photoshop Express app which is already available. The new Photoshop app was given a short demo, which showed off the use of layers and a few other new features

There was no mention of when this app will be released or if it will be iPad only (or iPad 2 only due to the power needed to run it) but we will keep you in the loop as soon as we hear. If you want to catch a short video of the app in action, head over to Photography Bay.

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Wow everyone check out the iSwifter app. Full flash ability in a browser for free.

Finally got around to trying this out and I am impressed - it's not the best, still has a few kinks to work out but I am glad to watch Hulu for free
laugh.gif

It makes me wonder advantages/comparisons between the browser experience of iSwifter (takes getting used to) versus Safari (which is very easy to use and intuitive). The flash on iSwifter is kinda slow and sometimes unresponsive.

If Apple were to allow Adobe's Flash officially, would it disrupt our browsing experience on Safari?

I use the atomic web browser. only .99 and the best feature is tabbed browsing. I need that in my life so it was a must buy for me.

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Wow everyone check out the iSwifter app. Full flash ability in a browser for free.

Finally got around to trying this out and I am impressed - it's not the best, still has a few kinks to work out but I am glad to watch Hulu for free
laugh.gif

It makes me wonder advantages/comparisons between the browser experience of iSwifter (takes getting used to) versus Safari (which is very easy to use and intuitive). The flash on iSwifter is kinda slow and sometimes unresponsive.

If Apple were to allow Adobe's Flash officially, would it disrupt our browsing experience on Safari?

I use the atomic web browser. only .99 and the best feature is tabbed browsing. I need that in my life so it was a must buy for me.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

TWC did that quick change up of channels. Glad they got USA but I will miss MTV, BET and FX

TW Killer??

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Cablevision Optimum for iPad app now available, streams hundreds of TV channels plus VOD[/h4]
By Richard Lawler posted Apr 2nd 2011 12:04PM

The new Cablevision iPad app is out, taking on broadcasters (Fox, Discovery, Viacom) attacking Time Warner's live TV streaming TWCable TV app by offering subscribers the same channels as their iO TV package and video on demand. The Optimum for iPad app also includes the ability to set up DVR recordings, delete recorded shows and browse TV listings, although it doesn't act as a direct remote for the cable box. The last time Fox and Cablevision squared off subscribers couldn't watch their shows on Hulu or two games of the World Series which, along with a long battle over network DVRs, suggests the cable company is prepared to dig its heels in deep on this issue. Multichannel News points out subscribers need at least one cable box and internet service from Cablevision to make use of the new app and the TOS states it can only be used within the customer's residence. Subscribers suitably equipped can grab the app at the iTunes link below, or just check out screens in the gallery.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

TWC did that quick change up of channels. Glad they got USA but I will miss MTV, BET and FX

TW Killer??

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Cablevision Optimum for iPad app now available, streams hundreds of TV channels plus VOD[/h4]
By Richard Lawler posted Apr 2nd 2011 12:04PM

The new Cablevision iPad app is out, taking on broadcasters (Fox, Discovery, Viacom) attacking Time Warner's live TV streaming TWCable TV app by offering subscribers the same channels as their iO TV package and video on demand. The Optimum for iPad app also includes the ability to set up DVR recordings, delete recorded shows and browse TV listings, although it doesn't act as a direct remote for the cable box. The last time Fox and Cablevision squared off subscribers couldn't watch their shows on Hulu or two games of the World Series which, along with a long battle over network DVRs, suggests the cable company is prepared to dig its heels in deep on this issue. Multichannel News points out subscribers need at least one cable box and internet service from Cablevision to make use of the new app and the TOS states it can only be used within the customer's residence. Subscribers suitably equipped can grab the app at the iTunes link below, or just check out screens in the gallery.

^man they are winning if they can keep those fox channels... I really wish there was some cable provider that allowed jato subscribe to the soley for the iPad I would be down to play around 20-30 a month for cable on here

^man they are winning if they can keep those fox channels... I really wish there was some cable provider that allowed jato subscribe to the soley for the iPad I would be down to play around 20-30 a month for cable on here

got a new ipad 2 from my local apple store yesterday although i bought the og from best buy ...

this one looks WAY better than my other one did, shows light on the bottom a little.

i am going to keep this one until apple publicly speaks on this as being a issue.

i feel much better though.

oh copp contract killer, its fun and its free. you just sniping mafia guys from the rooftops. plenty of missions and guns to unlock.

also, i want a different stylus, one with a more pointed tip, any suggestions?

thanks!

got a new ipad 2 from my local apple store yesterday although i bought the og from best buy ...

this one looks WAY better than my other one did, shows light on the bottom a little.

i am going to keep this one until apple publicly speaks on this as being a issue.

i feel much better though.

oh copp contract killer, its fun and its free. you just sniping mafia guys from the rooftops. plenty of missions and guns to unlock.

also, i want a different stylus, one with a more pointed tip, any suggestions?

thanks!

Any of y'all activated your 3G yet? I've heard reports of it going in-and-out on iPad 2.

Looking to activate it next week for a road trip.

Any of y'all activated your 3G yet? I've heard reports of it going in-and-out on iPad 2.

Looking to activate it next week for a road trip.

Anybody want to volunteer time and make a recommended apps list?

I can throw out some and others could too...

Atomic Web Browser (.99)
Feeddler RSS Reader Pro (4.99)
Read It Later Pro (.99)
Nightstand
Flipboard
NPR
Dropbox
Evernote
Netflix
Flixster

Please add to the list.

Anybody want to volunteer time and make a recommended apps list?

I can throw out some and others could too...

Atomic Web Browser (.99)
Feeddler RSS Reader Pro (4.99)
Read It Later Pro (.99)
Nightstand
Flipboard
NPR
Dropbox
Evernote
Netflix
Flixster

Please add to the list.

thank you three, i will look at a youtube video on that one. 'preciate it.

what is read it later pro?

atomic web browser 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

for rss, reeder is still my favorite. 

thank you three, i will look at a youtube video on that one. 'preciate it.

what is read it later pro?

atomic web browser 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

for rss, reeder is still my favorite. 

Back
Top Bottom