Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

im deciding between the 4g verizon or att vs the 32gb wifi, not just the size of memory

the data plans are only bad if your paying 250mb 15$ att but 20 for 1gb verizon is ok...then 30 for att 3gb is decent

is verizon better?

i got a kindle fire with 8gbs and i only use it for apps and stream movies and music to it, so space isnt a problem i got like 1gb left on it...but ios has better apps 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

im deciding between the 4g verizon or att vs the 32gb wifi, not just the size of memory

the data plans are only bad if your paying 250mb 15$ att but 20 for 1gb verizon is ok...then 30 for att 3gb is decent

is verizon better?

i got a kindle fire with 8gbs and i only use it for apps and stream movies and music to it, so space isnt a problem i got like 1gb left on it...but ios has better apps 

vzw data coverage is far superior 

I did not pre order, how early should I be at the apple store, best buy or target? Also will they have the wifi and 4G models or do I have to go to att or verizon on release day. Joe B I'm deciding between the same choices as you are..... All I know is its a known fact verizon 4G is much better than ATT. Also the data plans from what I understand are month to month no 2 year contract an stuff like that.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I did not pre order, how early should I be at the apple store, best buy or target? Also will they have the wifi and 4G models or do I have to go to att or verizon on release day. Joe B I'm deciding between the same choices as you are..... All I know is its a known fact verizon 4G is much better than ATT. Also the data plans from what I understand are month to month no 2 year contract an stuff like that.

yea iPads are sold off contract, I doubt the actual retailers for VZW and ATT get many, so that can be a good or bad thing. Places like Best buy will prob have a lot but would be more chaotic. But honestly with the price of these I don't see anything being chaotic but more so being low in quantity, when I worked at Best Buy back in the day the iPad 1 16gb sold out quick due to its price point, and a lot of folks bit the bullet and bought the bigger sizes + 3g because those sat a little longer.

Good looks on the info Lucky. I remember the ip2 bein sold out for weeks tho....

Good looks on the info Lucky. I remember the ip2 bein sold out for weeks tho....

are you in a big city? I recombined going ahead and spending the extra 130 and copping one with a Data Plan, just look up a corporate location near you or in a burb you don't mind driving to. Reason I say this is most people don't know the diff between a Corporate owned ATT or VZW and an authorized retailer, and the Wifi joints will sell fast. Even though sales reps aren't suppose to do it, see if you can get the card of a rep at one of those spots they prob can't hold one for you but they could prob hit you up with info on when to come,etc because they got quotas to meet

yeah the wifi ones will be the first to go, the ipad 2 was sold out and hard to get for a while i dont see that being the case this year tho but only time will tell im gonna wait a month then cop just incase theres a bad batch like last years screens
copping the verizon one 

well idk what frequencies these ipads have but historically att compatible products support 3g overseas while verizon products are more troublesome
so going by that, att devices are usually more flexible around the world

but from what i heard hearing both models will use sim cards so 3g overseas might not be an issue however 4g will not be supported.

so its not really that big of a deal i guess, prices/plans are the same
with att u are almost guaranteed no problems abroad but with verizon there might be a possibility you wont get coverage
that said we really dont know for sure until we get the full specs of the ipad

within the US, verizon's LTE is far superior to att's, so just go verizon.

Damn missed on the preorders what would be the chances of copping it on release day?
nerd.gif

yeah the wifi ones will be the first to go, the ipad 2 was sold out and hard to get for a while i dont see that being the case this year tho but only time will tell im gonna wait a month then cop just incase theres a bad batch like last years screens
copping the verizon one 

how did they handle defects last time? they offer exchanges or something?

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the att ipad offers more flexibility if you travel abroad.
Are you talking about the reception?  I used to be on att and remember them being doo doo.
Is someone going to put up an inventory checking system like we did last year for the iPad 2?  I remember checking it everyday but with no luck.  Ended up just ordering from apple and it arrived from China a month later.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

copping the verizon one 

how did they handle defects last time? they offer exchanges or something?
yeah you could exchange the yellow screened ones, but only during that 30 days its something you can tell right away

I didn't know last year the ip2 had screen issues. I usually don't like to get tech as sooon as it drops, but damn I been waiting for the ip3 an have held off on tablets.

I am going to try my luck and head to my local Best Buy Friday, hopefully they will have in stock the one I want.

do you guys recommend getting a smart cover? I definetely want to get a back cover but am debating between a smart cover or a travel sleeve.

I would have been interested but I already received my Sony S tablet for Christmas, very happy with it.

I'll just wait for the Ipad 4
laugh.gif

I didn't know last year the ip2 had screen issues. I usually don't like to get tech as sooon as it drops, but damn I been waiting for the ip3 an have held off on tablets.
it was the white one mostly, had screen bleeding and yellow tint, on some black ones too, seen a lot of complaints on macrumors forum only reason i know 

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Am I the only one excited to get the new apple tv so I can stream netflix in 1080p.
Roku, Google TV have had this. Plus Roku adds Hulu+ and Google TV adds Chrome, YouTube app (better than Apple TV + Roku), and more. 

I've called around and nobody knows when they will have them. Kind of frustrating. Apple must really keep things under wraps

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I would have been interested but I already received my Sony S tablet for Christmas, very happy with it.

I'll just wait for the Ipad 4
laugh.gif

Pro's and Con's of the Sony S?

so my item is in Nashville and has scheduled delivery for Friday, is apple going to just hold my joint till Thur? lol I`m in GA and it says standard overnight shipping

^ yup. Supposedly all iPads that have already shipped will be held for delivery on Friday. I'd think a few would slip through the cracks but we'll see.

Like an asshat, I waited until yesterday to pre-order and got hit with the "ships in 2-3 weeks" estimate. SMH. I'll probably just cop my wife the unlocked 4S that she's been talking about. The thought of waiting in line somewhere on Friday crossed my mind and then I had a flashback of the Concord release. Never again. I'll just wait a month or so until they're widely available.

Back
Top Bottom