OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

kid can thank me later :lol:

^ ha! b4 i had NWA's album, i had eazy's "eazy duz it" album on tape, but had to hide it so my parents wouldn't take it... :lol:

Last edited:
I had to listen to Nirvana - Nevermind and Green Day - Dookie pretty quietly cus my parents were pissed I was able to purchase the CD's. 1991-1994.

Nevermind was actually the first CD I ever purchased.

scary to think 20 years has passed, Life is too short man.

ahhh memories.

the first tapes i copped were beastie boys "licensed to ill", big pun's first album, and dookie.

ugh and i also remember coppping 36 chambers

i honestly dont remember my first cd purchases (i lifted like 80% of my cd collection smh).

Yeah, lol.

I listened to NWA, but not THAT much.

I was also in or recently graduated from elementary school, lol.

I'm just saying, that "some dude" was a member of one of the most influential musical acts of the last half century.

^ ha! b4 i had NWA's album, i had eazy's "eazy duz it" album on tape, but had to hide it so my parents wouldn't take it... :lol:

My mom wasn't the most attentive single parent, but sometimes she'd go to bat for me hardbody. I remember in like 6th grade, my math teacher "confiscated" a tape of mine because of its content. I told my mom and she went ham. She came to see the teacher - the teacher was all ready to get on some sanctimonious steez and be all self-congratulatory like my mom would appreciate her doing this wonderful pseudo-parenting deed. Instead, my mom was on some, "what right do you have to confiscate my son's belongings that are completely legal to posses?" And, "of course I know what he listens to. I don't necessarily like it, but my parents thought my music was crass and harsh, etc." She was like, "Is your job to teach math?" (Yes). "Is my son one of the best students in the entire program?" (Yes)" "Well, then why the hell should you care what kind of music he chooses to listen to?"

ahhh memories.

the first tapes i copped were beastie boys "licensed to ill", big pun's first album, and dookie.

ugh and i also remember coppping 36 chambers

i honestly dont remember my first cd purchases (i lifted like 80% of my cd collection smh).

Wait - did you not cop a tape for like 4 years?

Enter the Wu was '93
Dookie was '94
License to Ill was '95
Capital Punishment was '98

Last edited:
^ i think you mean "licensed to ill" was '86...

i prolly first heard beasties in the roller skating rink (that was the hang out spot on friday nights for kids my age)... "brass monkey", etc... then i got the whole tape, along with LL's "bigger and deffer"... life changing stuff...

i remember blowing my aunt's mind being able to recite the lyrics to "paul revere" and "i need love"... :lol:

"go cut creator go!" and "kanday" tho! :smokin

capital punishment was 98?????? geez my timeline is wayyyy off.

beastie boys i copped a rerelease of it.

i was 3 in 86 lol

^ i think you mean "licensed to ill" was '86...

i prolly first heard beasties in the roller skating rink (that was the hang out spot on friday nights for kids my age)... "brass monkey", etc... then i got the whole tape, along with LL's "bigger and deffer"... life changing stuff...

i remember blowing my aunt's mind being able to recite the lyrics to "paul revere" and "i need love"... :lol:

"go cut creator go!" and "kanday" tho! :smokin

My bad. Typo. I meant to type '85, but upon looking it up, i was indeed '86.

Yeah, discovering "real hip hop" changed my life too, for sure.

man, i don't usually put people on blast like that, but that was just too much... :lol:

was thinking about it last night, i wonder if whoever started the leggings underneath shorts trend recently was inspired by old grunge rock fashion from the early 90's:

what am i thinking... there's no way they are cool enough to draw inspiration from the last great era of rock music...

leggins underthing been old...we used to do it in the 90's under basketball shorts..those who played sports.

leggins underthing been old...we used to do it in the 90's under basketball shorts..those who played sports.

Leggings? in the 90s? I recall a lot of ball related trends -

black socks, high socks, one sock up, Olafs, wear your Olafs inside-out, college team shorts, break-away pants with not all the buttons buttoned, And 1 tees.

Leggings? Not one of them.

Some pro players wore compression shorts. But, even full compression legging-like bottoms didn't really take off until a few years ago, and only as sports utility for high level athletes, not as a hoop fashion trend. AI didn't even start rocking the compression sleeve until the 2000s, IIRC.

that makes sense then, cuz the pearl jam guys were big time basketball fans (and played, particularly the bassist, jeff ament)... hell, they called themselves "mookie blaylock" b4 changing their name to pearl jam... haha!

Back
Top Bottom