Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by calikev34

Question:
I'm on T-Mobile and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade.

Should I get the HTC HD2 or the Nexus One?

I'm wondering if there are any glaring differences that makes one better than the other

or if anyone has any experience with either, please feel free to chime in
nexus one

Please buy the nexus one. I sold the HD2 phone is terrible. The htc sense ui is extremely buggy on it, even sending and recieving texts was laggy. Bought a nexus on craigslist for 390 and its the beat phone yet after the 2.2 update. Its a shame too cuz the hd2 hardware was so dope, youtube and movies were so crisp. Wish the evo was on t-mo

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by calikev34

Question:
I'm on T-Mobile and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade.

Should I get the HTC HD2 or the Nexus One?

I'm wondering if there are any glaring differences that makes one better than the other

or if anyone has any experience with either, please feel free to chime in

IIRc, HD2 runs on Windows Mobile 6.5... and the rumor is that it will NOT be upgradable to Windows Mobile 7. Seems like the Nexus one will have a longer shelf life.
No rumor. It's confirmed that the HD2 will not receive an official upgrade for Windows Phone 7 because it doesn't meet the some required specs (... it has too many buttons
indifferent.gif
).  But with the info we have about WP7, that might be a blessing in disguise.

I have the HD2 and love it.  However, if you have never used Windows Mobile or unfamiliar with ROM flashing then just go with the Nexus One.  I've been using WM since the Wizard/MDA dropped so I know how much effort it takes to get it just the way you like it.  (And thats really because there are so many options out there).  All the people I see that get the HD2 as their first WM phone have problems with it and return it.  They don't know they are a simple warranty voiding ROM flash away from alleviating themselves of all their problems. 

Android seems like a more user friendly OS in terms of (un)official tweaking and customization.  Plus I'm sure the app market is better than WM at the moment.      

For T Mobile users if you have 180 days before your contract expires the ETF is 100, if you leave 90 days before the contract is over its only 50 dollars, if you have 30 days before your contract expires its either 50 dollars or your last bill(which ever cost more).

If you want to stick to T-Mobile and want a 10% discount checkout the freelance union discount.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/851965/ (anyone can sign up and do it)

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

How's Sprint in Atlanta? I only know Verizon and T-Mobile out here. Verizon > and T-Mobile sucks.

Its on point. I think it has the best network of the 3 in atl (atleast thats what i remember reading). ..also, atl has 4g
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

I need someone to school me on Rooting ect. before I get the EVO

hopefully this phone has as much of a consitent buzz as the iphone
Word, what is rooting
nerd.gif

Is this like jailbreaking for HTCs?
yes. jailbreak is an iphone term. Root comes from the linux/unix world, it means having total administrator rights over the system, top most user level... basically the same thing, but android users don't have a cydia type market where they can dl cracked apps.
ohwell.gif
. rooting is still 
pimp.gif

Is it me or has anyone else ever been this hyped about a phone? For the past month and a half I've been on the Android forums as much as NT and just waiting for new info to drop on the Evo.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Originally Posted by wrod7

Anyone getting a EVO with no 4G in their area?

I think 75% of Evo purchasers won't have 4G, I'm one of them.
Same here, although it should be live in LA soon I've heard.
Anyone know their plans for the end of the year as far as 4G rolling out? And is WiMAX better than LTE?

Anyone know their plans for the end of the year as far as 4G rolling out? And is WiMAX better than LTE?

http://androidforums.com/...imax-coverage-areas.html

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

man I cant decide between the HTC Droid Incredible or the Evo

If you're already with Verizon I would just go with the Incredible. Maybe if you're switching from another carrier go with the EVO. I was thinking about the EVO but I'm more than happy with my Incredible.

Originally Posted by cubanref

I just hope NYC gets 4G soon...hopefully by x-mas

NYC son? If Atlanta has it, I'd think that NYC is at least 60% covered at this point, if not completely.

http://androidforums.com/...imax-coverage-areas.html
\/\/TF!!!??? THERE IS 4G IN YORK, PA???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I moved from Brooklyn down to York for college. And I thought York would be the last place to get 4G.
laugh.gif

Looks like I made up my mind. Bye 9700 + iPhone. Hello EVO.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm contemplating that early release at Radio Shack now lol. I have to be at work at 8 I might as well go get my phone so I can have something to do besides work. I've never purchased a phone from a third party retailer. Do they just activate it and send you on your way? I really don't need anybody setting up my phone for me wasting time.

Originally Posted by Wings90

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

man I cant decide between the HTC Droid Incredible or the Evo

If you're already with Verizon I would just go with the Incredible. Maybe if you're switching from another carrier go with the EVO. I was thinking about the EVO but I'm more than happy with my Incredible.
yea im switching from another carrier..with the incredible I really love the AMOLED and the little joystick..the feature I really like in the evo is the mifi mobile hotspot capabilities..so I can connect my laptop and my ipod touch when theres no internet around..so im unsure

Back
Top Bottom