Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

[h1]Froyo Now on HTC Desire, G1, and myTouch 3G (Not Officially)[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 28-May-10 | 0 Comments

froyo.jpg

The geniuses at XDA-Developers are busy at work porting Android 2.2 (Froyo) to other Android devices. These are operational ports, but not everything works, so you may want to wait a bit longer before making the switch. So far we're seeing it on the Desire, G1, and myTouch 3G . Here's a round up of what works and what doesn't. On the Desire:

What's working:
- WiFi
- Data
- MIC
- GPS
- Apps2SD (use latest 0.2 version)

What doesn't work:
- Bluetooth (does start, but you can't scan)
- Camera (please don't use)

And on the G1 and myTouch 3G:

Working:
- Calls
- Data
- LEDs
- Call audio
- Gapps
- Notification bar fixed

Broken:
- Wifi
- Camera
- GPS
- Default wallpaper (You can change wallpaper)
- External audio
- DONT INSTALL FLASH! BROWSER WILL CRASH! Fix coming soon

(via: AddictiveTips)

ANYONE out there got any ideal how i can get out my Tmobile Contract I went and go set up today for my Evo but now I gotta figure out how to off my Tmobile line cause aint no way and hell I want to pay for 2 services any ideals and all feedback is welcomed, if anyone gotta @%@% up pm me my paypal is ready lol

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

7 day countdown to the Evo has begun
pimp.gif

Anybody worrying about the size of the evo, you will get used to it and really appreciate the screen size, especially when it comes to typing

Can't wait. I just hope RS didn't take too many preorders and have enough to go around. I'm going to love the size. The only think that i'm disappointed in and don't understand is how they did the camera. I hope theres a case that can cover the camera.

Originally Posted by datruth92803

ANYONE out there got any ideal how i can get out my Tmobile Contract I went and go set up today for my Evo but now I gotta figure out how to off my Tmobile line cause aint no way and hell I want to pay for 2 services any ideals and all feedback is welcomed, if anyone gotta @%@% up pm me my paypal is ready lol

I'm in the same boat as you.  What I'm doing is sell my N1 and take that money and pay the EFT for Tmobile, and use the remainder towards the Evo.

I'm switching to Sprint because I got a hook up on my bill I couldn't turn down...
laugh.gif

Why does that photo show it on mobile Youtube though? Doesn't Droid have a flash enabled browser? Also, how do we get the 20$ credit toward accessories at Radio Shack? It doesn't make any mention of it on the receipt

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Evo 4G custom ROMs already in the works[/h1]
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010by Phil Nickinson

It might not look like much, but the screen shots you see here reportedly are from the world's first custom ROM for the Sprint Evo 4G. There's still work to be done, as the camera doesn't work and it's kicking on roaming, but it's a good head start. Now we need the root method to be released and -- oh, yeah, this one's kind of a biggie -- the phone to be released. [XDA Developers]

I need someone to school me on Rooting ect. before I get the EVO

hopefully this phone has as much of a consitent buzz as the iphone

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

I need someone to school me on Rooting ect. before I get the EVO

hopefully this phone has as much of a consitent buzz as the iphone
Word, what is rooting
nerd.gif

Is this like jailbreaking for HTCs?

[h4]Qik two-way video calling on the Sprint EVO 4G is free, premium service is not[/h4]
By Vladislav Savov posted May 29th 2010 11:20AM

Qik has lived up to its name in clarifying some leaks indicating that future EVO 4G owners on Sprint will be charged $5 a month to make use of its video chat services. As it turns out, that subscription fee will be for a new range of "advanced premium features," which will be elucidated on June 4 alongside the EVO's retail launch. The core two-way video calling will come absolutely free, we're promised, and only those yearning for extra features will have to pay up. It seems clear from the wording of that statement that multi-party conversations will figure prominently in the premium set, though we're left guessing at what other ways Qik has for seducing us to part with our cash. Either way, good news if you wanted to keep things simple... and cheap.

I'm not paying Qik a dime. Every feature is suddenly turning into an additional fee 4G $10, Qik $5, Hot spot $29........What else can they pull out of their #*% before the launch?

There are tons of ways to get your Sprint bill discounted each month I really can't complain about any extra $, Sprint still has the cheapest plans. I wasn't a loyalty customer with T-mobile but I hate them, paid my $100+ every month for my crap g1 and they say I OWE them for a phone I sent and they never received... i'm not gonna get into it but i'm switching to Sprint I'll gladly pay the extra $10 since my plan is discounted of course.
laugh.gif
Just saying... I'm not gonna pay a ETF I'm just gonna GTHO EARLY! My credit report is good so I can still sign up with Sprint... Anyway did anyone get any accessories for the Evo ? I picked up 2 extra batteries desktop charger for like $12 (the hero battery works in the evo),2 screen protectors both off eBay and picked up a 16g micro sd for $29... any one seen the cases at Best buy ? I saw one store received the one's made by Seidido for the evo.. they want like $35!
indifferent.gif
hopefully otterbox makes something ill.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by shazulu

There are tons of ways to get your Sprint bill discounted each month I really can't complain about any extra $, Sprint still has the cheapest plans. I wasn't a loyalty customer with T-mobile but I hate them, paid my $100+ every month for my crap g1 and they say I OWE them for a phone I sent and they never received... i'm not gonna get into it but i'm switching to Sprint I'll gladly pay the extra $10 since my plan is discounted of course.
laugh.gif
Just saying... I'm not gonna pay a ETF I'm just gonna GTHO EARLY! My credit report is good so I can still sign up with Sprint... Anyway did anyone get any accessories for the Evo ? I picked up 2 extra batteries desktop charger for like $12 (the hero battery works in the evo),2 screen protectors both off eBay and picked up a 16g micro sd for $29... any one seen the cases at Best buy ? I saw one store received the one's made by Seidido for the evo.. they want like $35!
indifferent.gif
smokin.gif
I'm with you a 100% shaz.  I have an N1 with T-Mobile and I pay $105 a month.  I'm switching to Sprint [I'm not really a big fanboy] for the cheaper plans.

I'll be getting the Evo with the ED450 for $60.  I can't pass that up

Sprint/HTC/Google did a great thing giving the EVO out to the developers at Google I/O.

Rooting is gaining root access or superuser access to a linux based OS on any device whether it be a phone, computer, whatever. Basically it gives you the ability to manipulate things you normally wouldnt be able to. Its not really the same as jailbraking.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Originally Posted by shazulu

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
smokin.gif
I'm with you a 100% shaz.  I have an N1 with T-Mobile and I pay $105 a month.  I'm switching to Sprint [I'm not really a big fanboy] for the cheaper plans.

I'll be getting the Evo with the ED450 for $60.  I can't pass that up
Thats was my driving factor too like I dont wanna switch but , Im trying to save money straight up Im already set up for the plan and my discount has been applied, so thats what made me do it.. but if i cant get out that contract before 6/10 i might be stuck on Tmobile cause i refuse to carry to contracts, But man if you aint got buyers for ur N1 and aint talking to crazy i might be willing to take that off your hands

Question:
I'm on T-Mobile and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade.

Should I get the HTC HD2 or the Nexus One?

I'm wondering if there are any glaring differences that makes one better than the other

or if anyone has any experience with either, please feel free to chime in

Originally Posted by calikev34

Question:
I'm on T-Mobile and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade.

Should I get the HTC HD2 or the Nexus One?

I'm wondering if there are any glaring differences that makes one better than the other

or if anyone has any experience with either, please feel free to chime in

IIRc, HD2 runs on Windows Mobile 6.5... and the rumor is that it will NOT be upgradable to Windows Mobile 7. Seems like the Nexus one will have a longer shelf life.

Back
Top Bottom