Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

Other than the possibility of him getting hacked, why wasn't Asik in the game near the end? There were maybe 3-4 possessions where the Mavs grabbed offensive boards and were able to convert.

ThRob came alive tonight, but that's probably the only positive of tonight. Should've grabbed this win. I knew the Mavs wouldn't get washed like the last game, but we should've ran this team ragged. Questionable coaching also along with Asik not being in, with Delfino matching up on Dirk, getting abused. Have to make up this with a win at the Warriors.

Other than the possibility of him getting hacked, why wasn't Asik in the game near the end? There were maybe 3-4 possessions where the Mavs grabbed offensive boards and were able to convert.

ThRob came alive tonight, but that's probably the only positive of tonight. Should've grabbed this win. I knew the Mavs wouldn't get washed like the last game, but we should've ran this team ragged. Questionable coaching also along with Asik not being in, with Delfino matching up on Dirk, getting abused. Have to make up this with a win at the Warriors.
I agree with McHale's questionable coaching down the stretch, it's like ISO Harden and that's it.  Can't always depend on the Beard to bail us out of these tight games..  On Asik don't know if Coach kept him on the bench due to his missed freethrows..  Every game is a must win for us to get into the playoffs, the 6th, 7th, and 8th seed right now are all really close..

^ was catching the fourth in this gm

trob and bev played great down to the five minute mark. mchale had a chance to sub asik and lin back in. the offense was being ran through oj mayo so bev defense wasnt really a factor down the stretch. also, if parsons and delfino werent hitting their 3s, wouldnt have mattered. nonetheless, at minimum you got to bring in asik in to set screens, play PnR, and crash the glass for missed shots. he gets fouled, you live with it. cant blame mchale for riding them all the way, cant bring guys back in rusty.

ball got real sticky in harden's hand. dont know if that is by design or what not. you could see the frustration in chandler as he wasnt even involved down the stretch. doesnt matter who is in the gm, the rockets play best when the ball is moving and guys get open 3s. hero ball, whether it's harden, lin, parsons, delfino is bad basketball.

On a plus note here's some video from TRob's blocks tonight (Not in HD, though)

ClutchFans.net@clutchfans

VIDEO: The two major swats by @Trobinson0 in the 4th quarter tonight against the Mavs.

Also, noticed in the video JHarden's matador defense
mean.gif
  He needs to step up the "Defense"

Last edited:
Man, mother **** Kevin McHale... Last 5 mins of the game was ugly as hell to watch.

Rockets are 8-17 in games decided by 8 or less.

Last edited:
I wasn't keeping up with the Rockets last season, but why did Lowry have beef with McHale?
I can't remember exactly but they didn't see eye-to-eye

And they have to get better at winning in these close games, I think the Rockets are 9-18 this season with games that are decided by less than 8 points. :smh:

them over turning lins 3. mchale not playing him/asik in the 4th :smh:

Late in the game Dirk shoved Parsons to the ground on offense. no call :stoneface:

the out of bounds reversal at the end. refs handing mavs the game. :x

I wish the iso harden plays at the end of games worked more :\

Last edited:
Although Beverley played well, I thought Mchale should've put Lin in there to finish the game...And Asik too.. I was impressed with Robinson's defense last night, way better effort than his previous games...We have to win against GSW on Friday, Lakers are creeping up, and don't want to be the 8th seed, knowing Stern might just find a way to sneak the Lakers ahead of the 8th seed.. On a good note, Utah lost too

them over turning lins 3. mchale not playing him/asik in the 4th :smh:

Late in the game Dirk shoved Parsons to the ground on offense. no call :stoneface:

the out of bounds reversal at the end. refs handing mavs the game. :x

I wish the iso harden plays at the end of games worked more :\

The out of bounds call was legit and lets not act James Harden wasn't just flailing himself at the basket and getting free throws.

Am I the only one not happy with Brooks back. Iono I just don't like the Rockets taking the chances on guys and they end up
leaving to another team and show how good they have become. Maybe I just think Brooks wants to come back because he thinks
he is better than Lin....(I dont like brooks)

Tempted to go home Friday to watch the game in person, but I'd get their at halftime probs. :lol:

might not be much with the push and all but still interesting :nerd:
i mentioned it in another post, but chandler just wasnt happy during the whole 4th, especially after the gm. pretty sure mchale was getting on him.

Back
Top Bottom