Official House of Lies Thread

This episode was really good until the end. The handy and then the Matt Damon charity infomericial made me throw up. I'm no longer watching this show, it took such a great character and ruined him ... It's that whole black man in a dress minstrel show act

This episode was really good until the end. The handy and then the Matt Damon charity infomericial made me throw up. I'm no longer watching this show, it took such a great character and ruined him ... It's that whole black man in a dress minstrel show act
BINGO! It was completely uncalled for. Last episode he got smacked on the *** and Doug took a finger in the pooper and I tried to let it slide by putting the show on probation but now it's a goner. This ayo agenda must cease.

Meh episode, they succeeded in bring in Matt damon and it not being anything like I thought it would be.

Marty his ex wife and his son were AYOOOOO in this episode.....

I really watch this show for the fine women, absurd situations and laughs at this point. Has it's own slant on things since it's not a comedy comedy. Semi-real life **** with it's own spin.

Marty Smashing Cuddi :pimp:

This show. :lol:

I don't know about yall, but Cuddy, Stewart and O-Dog all rolled through and that's just random and awesome to me.

This show is like Party Down mixed with Entourage. Not as funny, but what is?

This show. :lol:

I don't know about yall, but Cuddy, Stewart and O-Dog all rolled through and that's just random and awesome to me.

This show is like Party Down mixed with Entourage. Not as funny, but what is?

this + Donny C. in a starring role? *sprints to TPB*

This season has been all Doug's :lol:

The new chick in charge seems more annoying than ever with all that woman in power meant crap.

Hope Marty tells her off soon.

And wondering will they kill off the father.

I think the problem with the show is the same one they've had since the first episode.

It doesn't really know what it wants to be. Whether it's the music, the direction style, the pacing, the plotlines, the jokes...It almost never seems like they're all a part of the same show. Is it a black comedy? Is it a dramedy? Is it a sex comedy like Californication? Is it a spoof on big business? Is is political? Is it a commentary on rich people after the Recession? Is it The Office's R-rated decked out cousin? Is it Adam Scott's character in Step Brothers? Is it a raunchy corporate soap opera?

You'll feel like you know what House of Lies is and why it's good for 5 minutes, then a completely different show happens in the next scene, or a joke that'd work great in one style comes out kinda weird in the one they went with.

And it's weird. And it just makes the show really hit or miss. This show is weird. I like the characters and there's some funny stuff in here, always. It's just most episodes end up feeling like the pilot, where they're just trying things out and haven't nailed their style, voice or tone yet, but you're sure they'll get it right soon. Except we're 20 episodes deep.

This show can't do subtlety for it's life, but this last episode was the first one in the longest that made me think they might have something to say.

I'm gonna keep watching cuz this cast is so damn good.... Kristen Bell and Don Cheadle > *
And at least this season is less manic and ADD than the last one.

Last edited:
Maybe it's cuz of that identity crisis but I'd figure that's part of why I never even cared what it was trying to be cuz w/e it is it isn't great, it's just good enough to keep up with time to time.

only show that can go from a dildo factory to police brutality to a bedroom :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I still enjoy it because of its brutal nature... Like its not scared to show any idea... To the lesbian wife/mother, the homosexual son, the chauvinistic business men, the very promiscuous traditional female, a full cast of black actors with a full view of family relations that isn't one of those stereotypical UPN, BET type setups.... Not saying Marty is the greatest role model or positive figure, but he is a different separation from what you typically see from the main black actor on any TV series... This show could of been a lot better if the directors cared about the quality more...

Back
Top Bottom