OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

Loved the finale. Pumped for next season.

SMH at you guys who are complaining about realism in the show. I bet you walked out of the movie theater saying "Dude Ted sucked. There's no way a stuffed animal could come alive."
:lol:

About halfway through season 2 and I'm not a fan of how **** happened man.

Brody being guilty of being a traitor..just the way they found out was wack. Smh

The daughter and the vice prez son storyline is un-needed man. Its stupid

the always drunk war vet with ****** up legs and mike storyline is stupid.

Idk, maybe season 1 was so good im just mad season 2 isnt as good.

About halfway through season 2 and I'm not a fan of how **** happened man.

Brody being guilty of being a traitor..just the way they found out was wack. Smh

The daughter and the vice prez son storyline is un-needed man. Its stupid

the always drunk war vet with ****** up legs and mike storyline is stupid.

Idk, maybe season 1 was so good im just mad season 2 isnt as good.
what the hell happened to that drunk guy? Dude just vanished after an episode.

He wasn't that important. Just a drunk handicap old friend. I assume Mike got him to stop, probably sent him to rehab. He was in more than one ep Wasn't really a storyline either. Just an excuse to get Mike back in the family's lives a bit, mainly Jess, adding on to their encounters so it could lead up to him banging her again.

Really was speaking to the point with what Brody told Mike about taking care of his family.

Last edited:
Season 3 can go 2 ways...1 way could go Prison Break after season 1 style which would be horrible..OR they could have a epic 12 episodes. I have so many ideas man..hope the writers dont **** this up

The writers seem extra sensitive to critical response, so I'm not too worried that they'll go full ****** or something.

Loved the finale. Pumped for next season.
SMH at you guys who are complaining about realism in the show. I bet you walked out of the movie theater saying "Dude Ted sucked. There's no way a stuffed animal could come alive."

made me lol.

Sorry for the bump, but I just finished season 2.

Haven't filtered through everything in here, but am I the only person who thinks Brody was involved with the bombing? There was a scene that flashbacked to him and Nazzir praying, and when the CIA asked him if there was anything else, he said no. Obviously, that showed that he was still on Nazzir's side, and that the actual plan was to kill the VP and get everyone together for his service.

Remember, they wanted to kill not just the VP but all of the important heads of America. The memorial service was a way for them to get a chance to do it again, this time on a much larger scale.

like someone earlier posted... i don't think brody new about the car bomb. remember it was left there unattended for such a long time when he went to go meet up with nazir.
and it's funny that someone here posted that and non of the "agents" bother even thinking about that :lol:

also if he did why would he let carrie take him so close to the blast radius?

Sucks we gotta wait a year for the new season to start. Came across this post finale material that I found interesting...

Grantland Podcast
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=8753931

http://seriable.com/homeland-boss-reveals-brody-was-thismuchcloser-to-death-in-season-2/

HOMELAND Boss Reveals Brody Was ThisMuchCloser To [REDACTED] In Season 2
by ROCO on DECEMBER 29, 2012

Just how close what Nick Brody to death this season? ThisClose, according to Homeland showrunner Alex Gansa.

Speaking in a lengthy interview with Grantland‘s Andy Greenwald, Gansa revels in the spectre of Brody’s survival but admits that the writers were “much closer” to offing him in the second season than the first. As he explains:

“We were much closer to offing him this season. Much closer to offing him this season. When we saw Damian and Claire doing scenes together in the first season we knew we had legs beyond just the first year. Though it would have been shocking to kill him in that suicide vest, there was still so much story to tell there between the two characters that it would have been premature. This year at the end of this season, a lot of the Carrie/Brody story has been told, we’ve covered a lot of ground and a lot of time and so the temptation to put a bullet in his brain was pretty strong."

Whether or not you swallowed every narrative choice in the plausibility-stretching second season, it’s interesting to hear the thought process behind those decisions — and Gansa offers his take in the full version of the interview, touching on areas such as:

- Carrie’s genius being negated as a consequence of her improved state of mind this past season, and the struggles she’ll face as a result in year 3.
- The hardest acting scene Claire Danes has had in the past two seasons of Homeland
- The desire not to be repetitive and push through story instead (i.e. the tape)
- Homeland‘s story room vs 24 and The X-Files’ more “competitive” rooms.
- The balance of the show, shocks, twists, conditioning.
- The mole, baby.
- Saul the moral center of the show.
- Laying the foundation for Season 3 in Season 2.
- Season 3 considerations – “different story next season, not going to be about another attack on America.”
- Going forward, would like to explore what it means to be an intelligence officer.
- Story could move overseas to see Carrie in the field as a case officer.
- Restocking writer’s room for Season 3.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...-showrunner-alex-gansa-on-the-season-2-finale

Hollywood Prospectus Podcast: Homeland Showrunner Alex Gansa on the Season 2 Finale
By Andy Greenwald on December 17, 2012 8:00 AM ET

My favorite thing about my visit to the Homeland writers' office this past week wasn't the character headshots high up on the wall or the tantalizing teases for Season 3 written in dry-erase marker. It was the basket of candy sent by actor Hrach Titizian (Galvez) thanking the staff for keeping him alive — for now.

Things change quickly on Homeland, as anyone who watched the explosive second season finale could tell you. The man in charge of it all, showrunner Alex Gansa, knows that better than anyone. In our exclusive conversation, Gansa addressed all of the criticism his show faced in its sophomore season — including the head-scatching Skyping and the heart-stopping pacemakers — as well as his own thoughts on the true nature of Carrie and Brody's relationship. From Finn Walden's driving skills to Chris Brody's powers of prognostication, nothing was off limits and everything was discussed, including a few hints of what might be in store for next year. So pour yourself a goblet of white wine and portion out your pills. This was a fun one.

Go to the 2min mark.

Rest of the lap... 

Last edited:
This **** looks like its about to be CRAZY!

The daughters Muslim now.

Brody in the jungle murkin ******.

And he rockin the baldy.

Carrier def got herself committed again, probably half testimonial tactic by Saul and half Carrie actually goes crazy again.

Ah man my body is not ready but I will get in position regardless.

Yea and I think she just missin her Dad a lot and tryin to understand what all he went thru...brody buckin in the jungle looks crazy

Back
Top Bottom