OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

The Islands going to Brooklyn seems no different than the Jets and Giants technically playing in New Jersey.

The Islands going to Brooklyn seems no different than the Jets and Giants technically playing in New Jersey.

True.

Anyone been watching the classic games being shown on NHL network?? It can only hold me over for so long. :\

Last edited:
We should only panic if they cancel the winter classic, if they do that...then welp. :smh:

So not sure if youre being sarcastic, but bob mckenzie AND buchi are reporting that it will be cancelled as soon as monday. i dont see much negotiation going on this weekend...

i posted this in tan but i came across zac rinaldos twitter and he was saying how the nhl is tryng to limit the players to only 10 fights a player per season.

The OHL currently has this rule and its definitely slowed fighting in the league thus far. I don't see many guys making a fuss about that rule if the NHL decides to implement it as well, although I'm sure a Shawn Thornton would have something to say about it.

interesting. i wonder what the penalty would be for breaking this rule...suspension, i assume?

Fights 11-15 will result in a two-game suspension. Fights 16-20 will not only result in a two-game suspension, but also a $1,000 fine for the team.

:lol: I know what you mean but no one considers Brooklyn or Queens to be part of LI. Decembers is right, as soon as you cross that border **** changes :lol: I do it every day. I agree with TB's, the team has more Cups than the Rangers and Devils, I hope they don't change their names.

A large part of the NYI fanbase is from Suffolk, which is going to suck logistics wise. 3 hockey teams within 15 miles :pimp:

MSG showing KHL games. :pimp:

this ******g lockout is REALLY starting to sink in now that sports radio shows and sports recap television is FULL of basketball highlights/analysis and no mention of hockey. weeknights with no hockey and only basketball is a total drag.

:smh: at the level of racism still existing in Europe and Middle East.

Shameful, it's sick and disgusting.....

Wayne Simmonds target of chants

PRAGUE -- The Czech Republic's ice hockey federation says it has fined a club after its fans aimed racist chants toward Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds, who is playing in the top Czech league during the NHL lockout.

In a statement on Tuesday, the federation said the Chomutov Pirates were fined 30,000 koruna ($1,554) by its disciplinary committee for the chants directed toward Simmonds, who is playing for the Liberec White Tigers.

The chants were uttered during a game on Sunday.

Chomutov has apologized to Simmonds, who is black, and the club said it would do everything it can to prevent any future abuse.

Last year, a banana was thrown at Simmonds from the stands during an NHL preseason game in London, Ontario.

Last edited:
Mitchell and Ness released their new jerseys for anyone interested...#88 is an instacop for me

I want a Messier Ranger but for being what it is, a jersey, its to expensive for my blood... :lol:

Maybe if M&N had a Flash40 .. id be all over it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom