Official Heat VS. Knicks Series Thread....Series Over...Knicks fans never learn....

I couldn't watch the game but judging from the stat line it looks like melo (and everyone else?) went ghost for game 1
30t6p3b.gif

2012 NBA Playoffs. Round 1, Game 1
Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks /// Game 1 /// (Photos)
April 28, 2012 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, Florida

10918190standard.jpg

Spoiler [+]
10918190standard.jpg

10918193standard.jpg

10918636standard.jpg

10920286standard.jpg

10918194standard.jpg

10920289standard.jpg

10918196standard.jpg

10920293standard.jpg

10918650standard.jpg

10920248standard.jpg

10918637standard.jpg

10918641standard.jpg

10918195standard.jpg

10918189standard.jpg

10918652standard.jpg

10920292standard.jpg

10920291standard.jpg

10918633standard.jpg

10918632standard.jpg

10918649standard.jpg

10920245standard.jpg

10920290standard.jpg

10920251standard.jpg

10920246standard.jpg

10920247standard.jpg

W/ the Knicks attacking the basket as much, if not more, than the Heat, there definitely shouldn't have been that big of a FT disparity.

Originally Posted by dreClark

W/ the Knicks attacking the basket as much, if not more, than the Heat, there definitely shouldn't have been that big of a FT disparity.

This , When I saw JR and Melo in particular get raped in the paint on almost every drive in the first half I knew it was no damn way we were gonna win . How the hell can you keep a game competitive when you can't breath on an opposing teams players but they can hack the $#$& out of you every chance they get and also flop like a bunch of flaming clowns, its impossible to win. The Knicks don't play that way and won't start now but the Boston Celtics do and that $#*% is not gonna fly against them. I'm not impressed with Miami one bit I actually lost the last drop of respect I had for them yesterday . Unbelievable

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by dreClark

This , When I saw JR and Melo in particular get raped in the paint on almost every drive in the first half I knew it was no damn way we were gonna win . How the hell can you keep a game competitive when you can't breath on an opposing teams players but they can hack the $#$& out of you every chance they get and also flop like a bunch of flaming clowns, its impossible to win. The Knicks don't play that way and won't start now but the Boston Celtics do and that $#*% is not gonna fly against them. I'm not impressed with Miami one bit I actually lost the last drop of respect I had for them yesterday . Unbelievable
I don't like to complain about refs at all period, but that had the be one of the most slowest, painful 2nd quarters I've seen this whole year. 
Game was pretty much a close playoff game, and then all of a sudden these guys want to flop rather than play defense, but that's just how the NBA today is and it makes it hard to watch. 

I've never seen a 260lb man fall down that many times during a 5 minutes span in my life. I don't think I've ever seen anyone fall to the ground in all of my years playing bball, let alone a person of his size. Guy even fell down from Baron Davis trying to shoot a layup. Don't even get me started on the quick whistles for the technical fouls against the Knicks.....comical.

Knicks still played awfully but they never had an OPPORTUNITY to start playing better, especially Melo who started off slow. Those awful calls turned a 1 point game into a 20 point game, and it was garbage time since then.

Good lord, cry me a river. It's the refs fault the Knicks haven't a playoff game since 2000.

^ what does that have to do with yesterday?
Anyways....I gave the Knicks 2 wins as a positive, without Shump, maybe 1 game.

You can complain about an obvious disparity in how the game was called without blaming the game solely on the refs, buddy.

I'm sure you saw exactly what we all saw. You can pretend the game was called fairly if you like, but you know that isn't true. No way there should be that much of a difference in free throw shooting in any NBA playoff game.

Maybe the Knicks should start flopping.

Man, please. This stupid mentaility that teams should be given an equal amount of free throws, and if the difference is in double digits, it's "proof" that the game was rigged or wasn't called fairly is hilarious to me.

They are going to be a handful of dubious calls in every game, during every series. But there is not a single excuse in the book you make for a 33 point DRUMMING. Not a single one. The Knicks got 21 dropped in Game 1, and your best player got shut down, shooting 3/15. That's all there is to it.

laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm sure that sequence had no real effect on the game.LeBron running around like he got pistol whipped on the back of the neck.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

LeBron's one flop caused ya'll to lose by 33?

Damn.
No it didn't. But the way the game was called overall certainly did play a part in it. That's just the most blatant example of how the game was called overall.

Again, maybe the Knicks should get to flopping. Wonder how that would work out.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

LeBron's one flop caused ya'll to lose by 33?

Damn.
I counted 3 in that video alone in a matter of 2 minutes, and I already said the Knicks played awfully. Melo was ineffective to start yet were down 1 before that soft European nonsense. That sequence of flagrants, fouls, etc put the Knicks in the penalty and that Miami "run" was from the free throw line....went from 1 point deficit to 20 and the game was over at that point. Acting like momentum has no effect on a game.
If you want to call those soft calls then fine, but call it evenly during the game. Does a team have to resort to that to get momentum /calls in a game? Is it too much to ask for to watch a game where both teams are allowed to play defense, and just man up? 

"I thought this was basketball people".

Lebron and the Heat with a 20 point lead at the half > Lebron and the Heat in a close game . Game was OVER at the half thanks to the officiating and all y'all know it .

son....this guy cocks his head back on any little impact, the out of bounds, "illegal screen", and "flagrant"....all over-erections. Dude took harder contact on the nice and 1 shot he made off the glass, but he can absorb THAT hit?
laugh.gif
This guy is a physical monster no need for any of that
laugh.gif

I'm more disgusted as a whole as to what the sport has become and what they tolerate as opposed to just Lebron in general.

But its just one game so its whatever, I just hope the refs stop with these quick soft whistles and let them man up and play some hard nosed defense, its the PLAYOFFS. I'm more upset at losing Shump more than anything, it'd be difficult to win more than one game this series without him.

The real question that should be asked is: "Did Chandler set an illegal screen, was there contact on the out of bounds, and did Chandler move into James on the pick to free the ball handler?"

While there may be varying degrees of contact, the answer to that all of those scenarios posed in that question is that same.

Back
Top Bottom