**Official Heat Games Thread: 2010-2011 REG. SEASON ENDING (58-24)**Heat fam, check-in 1 last time!!

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

it doesnt matter about the contract... non of those guys you names are superstars... they are not even all stars anymore... superstars do not come off the bench...
name a top 15 player in scoring that comes off the bench, matter fact name anyone in the to 20-30 that comes off bench...
Name another team where 2 of the best players in the league play together, and where both are ball dominant.

Yeah its out of the norm but so is this team, so maybe they should try witching it up a bit. Im far from a heat fan but there have been only a few moments this season when either of em goes all out. It looks like they theyre out playing 70-75% cuz the other guy usually has the ball in his hands. Id rather see them both giving 100% and playing up to their full potential than sticking to some tradition.

If 1 guy did come off the bench wouldnt that allow the mediocre starters to play better since theyll have to be more involved in the offense and get more shots ? ( especially bosh)

Im not saying it will but happen but i dont see why the option should completely off the table.

Was watching the Knicks game last night and noticed something. There big three in Melo, Stat, and Billups is almost comarable to our big three but one thing i like about the Knicks is there play from there roll players/bench ie; Fields, Jeffries, Williams, Douglas etc...

But i was thinking couldn't we have kept Dorell Wright (rather have him over Mike Miller), Beasley (have he would've stayed he would still be under his 5mil rookie contract), and we had an oppritunity to sign TMac in the offseason but past on him (I think he makes 3mil or league minumum). Those three 6'6 or taller players would've been so lovely to still have by giving us energy, defense, talent, and A+ bench..

Just a thought i was having considering Mike Miller sucks at basketball all of sudden, and Spo hates House and James Jones.

Was watching the Knicks game last night and noticed something. There big three in Melo, Stat, and Billups is almost comarable to our big three but one thing i like about the Knicks is there play from there roll players/bench ie; Fields, Jeffries, Williams, Douglas etc...

But i was thinking couldn't we have kept Dorell Wright (rather have him over Mike Miller), Beasley (have he would've stayed he would still be under his 5mil rookie contract), and we had an oppritunity to sign TMac in the offseason but past on him (I think he makes 3mil or league minumum). Those three 6'6 or taller players would've been so lovely to still have by giving us energy, defense, talent, and A+ bench..

Just a thought i was having considering Mike Miller sucks at basketball all of sudden, and Spo hates House and James Jones.

Wouldn't be surprised if Phil "retires" for a year and coaches them after next year when they don't win seems right up his alley
eyes.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if Phil "retires" for a year and coaches them after next year when they don't win seems right up his alley
eyes.gif

it doesnt matter about the contract... non of those guys you names are superstars... they are not even all stars anymore... superstars do not come off the bench...
name a top 15 player in scoring that comes off the bench, matter fact name anyone in the to 20-30 that comes off bench...
Not now, but Ginobili?  Has been an all-star, top 5 SG in the league off the bench.

Not now, but Ginobili?  Has been an all-star, top 5 SG in the league off the bench.

Originally Posted by roboski

With their big three can be more effective, though.
You guys have great superstars and Bosh, but them 3 compliment each other very well.

If Amares' shot isn't going in or if he sees an open lane he will attack the basket and go for the vicious dunk. When Bosh has an open lane, homie shoots up a fadeaway
laugh.gif
Dude is like a SG in a PF body.

Then Melo is a terrific shooter from inside the arc and can actually make the last shot, word to last night. People worry about his jumper and footwork.

Last is they have a GREAT leader who can control the tempo and hit huge shots as well. If you meet in the playoffs with NY ya'll going to have problems.

With that being said, I still believe ya'll will be fine. No way in hell you guys are going to suck all these years with Bron and Wade
laugh.gif

Bosh and your froncourt is just a huge problem for you guys.

Originally Posted by roboski

You guys have great superstars and Bosh, but them 3 compliment each other very well.

If Amares' shot isn't going in or if he sees an open lane he will attack the basket and go for the vicious dunk. When Bosh has an open lane, homie shoots up a fadeaway
laugh.gif

Then Melo is a terrific shooter from inside the arc and can actually make the last shot, word to last night. People worry about his jumper and footwork.

Last is they have a GREAT leader who can control the tempo and hit huge shots as well. If you meet in the playoffs with NY ya'll going to have problems.

With that being said, I still believe ya'll will be fine. No way in hell you guys are going to suck all these years with Bron and Wade
laugh.gif

kvsm23vs24 wrote:
roboski wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

See thats what im saying. With Melo's quick 1 dribble step back shot last night Wades been hitting those his whole career in clutch moments. Its just that Lebrons been taking those low percentage three point shots thats been blown way out of per portion if he doesnt make.  

And yeah i think we might have some problems against the KNicks in the playoffs cause we have know bench right now. But that's the case against must good teams we play against.

Spolstra just needs to utilize the talents out of certain players on this team (if he would've did that last year DWright might of still been here).

kvsm23vs24 wrote:
roboski wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

See thats what im saying. With Melo's quick 1 dribble step back shot last night Wades been hitting those his whole career in clutch moments. Its just that Lebrons been taking those low percentage three point shots thats been blown way out of per portion if he doesnt make.  

And yeah i think we might have some problems against the KNicks in the playoffs cause we have know bench right now. But that's the case against must good teams we play against.

Spolstra just needs to utilize the talents out of certain players on this team (if he would've did that last year DWright might of still been here).

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

No way in hell you guys are going to suck all these years with Bron and Wade
laugh.gif

I don't think so either.  With Bron and Wade as the core the Heat are going to get better eventually.  They are still in their primes and Riley has many years to figure out the perfect way to complement these guys.  The perfect coach to guide them (Spo might not be the one)

I just don't think this is their year, that's all.  But with the two best players in their prime they have many years to possibly contend. 

I never understood why many Heat fans feel that this year has to be the year. 

I mean relax, it's not "championship or bust" like at least one of you had made it out to be. 
laugh.gif

It's not doomsday if they lose in the 2nd round. 

laugh.gif

I don't think so either.  With Bron and Wade as the core the Heat are going to get better eventually.  They are still in their primes and Riley has many years to figure out the perfect way to complement these guys.  The perfect coach to guide them (Spo might not be the one)

I just don't think this is their year, that's all.  But with the two best players in their prime they have many years to possibly contend. 

I mean relax, it's not "championship or bust" like at least one of you had made it out to be. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Me neither because we've seen just how good this team can be when they won 21 out of 22 games earlier in the season,I think the more time they'll be together the better they'll become.I also think that we do need some leadership at the coaching position. 
It' not necessarily Heat fans that feel that this has to be the year,it's all the media and every other fan that won't stop talking if they don't make the Finals. You see how much hate this team gets during a slump in the regular season,imagine what'll happen after an early round exit *crosses fingers* .Pretty much the only way to shut everyone up would be to at least get to the Finals which is an absolutely absurd expectation for a team that's in their first year together but it's the truth 
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Me neither because we've seen just how good this team can be when they won 21 out of 22 games earlier in the season,I think the more time they'll be together the better they'll become.I also think that we do need some leadership at the coaching position. 
It' not necessarily Heat fans that feel that this has to be the year,it's all the media and every other fan that won't stop talking if they don't make the Finals. You see how much hate this team gets during a slump in the regular season,imagine what'll happen after an early round exit *crosses fingers* .Pretty much the only way to shut everyone up would be to at least get to the Finals which is an absolutely absurd expectation for a team that's in their first year together but it's the truth 
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

I never understood why many Heat fans feel that this year has to be the year

laugh.gif

Frankly speaking as a true Heat fan, neither have I. The notion that things were going to gel together rapidly and dominant basketball would be exemplified early on has and always will be something to be perceived unrealistic. Sure we were excited when things were going well and when wins were coming on back to back nights, but the idea that some felt that the work was done as far as continued progression, was purely and simply unrealistic. Be that as it may, a sense of urgency as of their recent losing streak takes more of a focal point in my opinion then any need for any panic to set in. Absolutely no need for a panic whatsoever. Of course the usual rhetoric will take hold in tonight's game but keeping things in perspective, the Lakers are a proven team and are clicking on all cylinders yet again. The Heat however have lost 5 straight and their morale is most certainly at it's lowest point ....... an equation for an intense Playoff atmosphere that will be entertaining despite the results!  

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Frankly speaking as a true Heat fan, neither have I. The notion that things were going to gel together rapidly and dominant basketball would be exemplified early on has and always will be something to be perceived unrealistic. Sure we were excited when things were going well and when wins were coming on back to back nights, but the idea that some felt that the work was done as far as continued progression, was purely and simply unrealistic. Be that as it may, a sense of urgency as of their recent losing streak takes more of a focal point in my opinion then any need for any panic to set in. Absolutely no need for a panic whatsoever. Of course the usual rhetoric will take hold in tonight's game but keeping things in perspective, the Lakers are a proven team and are clicking on all cylinders yet again. The Heat however have lost 5 straight and their morale is most certainly at it's lowest point ....... an equation for an intense Playoff atmosphere that will be entertaining despite the results!  

IMO bad coaching. Spo is terrible.

Also, whenever Wade has control of the ball at the top of the key, Lebron runs to the corner and stands there. Wade also does the same exact thing. Too much standing around on offense.

IMO bad coaching. Spo is terrible.

Also, whenever Wade has control of the ball at the top of the key, Lebron runs to the corner and stands there. Wade also does the same exact thing. Too much standing around on offense.

Originally Posted by truthteller

Name another team where 2 of the best players in the league play together, and where both are ball dominant.  
dominant in what case? guard like players who need the ball in their hands to be dominant or flat out superstar scorers?

Originally Posted by truthteller

dominant in what case? guard like players who need the ball in their hands to be dominant or flat out superstar scorers?

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I would look at it like Wade will be 30 next year and Bron will enter into his NINTH NBA season, with a ton of mileage on him already.  

And the last aspect would be Bron's own internal pressure of getting it done.  Just imagine after his 8th season, sitting around with still no titles.  You don't think something like that could weigh on the guy? 

Not saying that's it entirely, just offering a guess as to why there's more urgency in year one then sitting back and waiting and see how it all plays out like a OKC situation or what have you. 

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I would look at it like Wade will be 30 next year and Bron will enter into his NINTH NBA season, with a ton of mileage on him already.  

And the last aspect would be Bron's own internal pressure of getting it done.  Just imagine after his 8th season, sitting around with still no titles.  You don't think something like that could weigh on the guy? 

Not saying that's it entirely, just offering a guess as to why there's more urgency in year one then sitting back and waiting and see how it all plays out like a OKC situation or what have you. 

Back
Top Bottom