**Official Heat Games Thread: 2010-2011 REG. SEASON ENDING (58-24)**Heat fam, check-in 1 last time!!

Some thoughts for some of the people positng here:

-Are you gonna be the ones blindly following what the media, the Kobe homers and Skip Bayless tell you about record vs. top teams? THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT the notion that a good record vs. top teams is needed for playoff success. None. Zero. Zilch. The best predictor of such is point differential (and not the flawed kind you see on ESPN).
-LeBron was not so much the reason for the Heat not winning as Wade not playing well against another good team. Defense was great, but the offense needs more out of Wade than 76 points per 100 possesions.

-Are you gonna be the ones blindly following what the media, the Kobe homers and Skip Bayless tell you about record vs. top teams? THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT the notion that a good record vs. top teams is needed for playoff success. None. Zero. Zilch. The best predictor of such is point differential (and not the flawed kind you see on ESPN).
-LeBron was not so much the reason for the Heat not winning as Wade not playing well against another good team. Defense was great, but the offense needs more out of Wade than 76 points per 100 possesions.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by MrDozo

How/why does Lebron get booed at home? That's got to hurt.

Half of the people in the arena were knicks fans, i promise you that sir.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I wonder what went through Lebron's head

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

On behalf of the very few Heat fans that regularly post in this thread, I'd gladly say that we've never wavered in faith of this team and it's growing potential. Furthermore I'd say that as a collective unit, we've always felt that the success of this organization lies much more extended then just the "Big 3". Our supporting cast has and always will be the real focal point of this season and how complementary they'll be to the star players come Playoff time. Simple as that in my opinion. Sure they've faced some injuries and of course it has played it's part. But the bottom line is that our supporting cast must provide more consistency as opposed to night in and night out deferring to the "Big 3". As stated a while ago by a fellow Heat NTer, the stars open and finish games strong, role players are to maintain the game throughout. We'll be fine and we will continue to improve.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

On behalf of the very few Heat fans that regularly post in this thread, I'd gladly say that we've never wavered in faith of this team and it's growing potential. Furthermore I'd say that as a collective unit, we've always felt that the success of this organization lies much more extended then just the "Big 3". Our supporting cast has and always will be the real focal point of this season and how complementary they'll be to the star players come Playoff time. Simple as that in my opinion. Sure they've faced some injuries and of course it has played it's part. But the bottom line is that our supporting cast must provide more consistency as opposed to night in and night out deferring to the "Big 3". As stated a while ago by a fellow Heat NTer, the stars open and finish games strong, role players are to maintain the game throughout. We'll be fine and we will continue to improve.

[h3]Heat Will Pursue Bibby Pending Buyout

Mike Bibby will meet with the Wizards on Monday to discuss a buyout.

If Bibby becomes a free agent, the Heat will pursue his services to upgrade the point guard position. Carlos Arroyo has fallen out of the rotation and Mario Chalmers remains inconsistent.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211573/Heat_Will_Pursue_Bibby_Pending_Buyout#ixzz1FGq8ND2X

[h3]Murphy Reaches Buyout Agreement[/h3]
Troy Murphy has reached an agreement on a buyout with the Warriors, which is expected to be finalized on Monday.

Murphy is expected to choose between the Celtics and Heat after clearing waivers, according to Marc Stein. The Lakers and Knicks have not inquired about Murphy.

Portland also expressed interest, but the Celtics appear to be the favorite.

Via Tim Kawakami/Mercury News (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211567/Murphy_Reaches_Buyout_Agreement#ixzz1FGqH8oeu
[/h3]

[h3]Heat Will Pursue Bibby Pending Buyout

Mike Bibby will meet with the Wizards on Monday to discuss a buyout.

If Bibby becomes a free agent, the Heat will pursue his services to upgrade the point guard position. Carlos Arroyo has fallen out of the rotation and Mario Chalmers remains inconsistent.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211573/Heat_Will_Pursue_Bibby_Pending_Buyout#ixzz1FGq8ND2X

[h3]Murphy Reaches Buyout Agreement[/h3]
Troy Murphy has reached an agreement on a buyout with the Warriors, which is expected to be finalized on Monday.

Murphy is expected to choose between the Celtics and Heat after clearing waivers, according to Marc Stein. The Lakers and Knicks have not inquired about Murphy.

Portland also expressed interest, but the Celtics appear to be the favorite.

Via Tim Kawakami/Mercury News (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211567/Murphy_Reaches_Buyout_Agreement#ixzz1FGqH8oeu
[/h3]

I'm guaranteeing it right now...come playoff time? The Heat are gonna be whipping these teams !*%$!.

Theres no way Spoelstra/Riley don't have an ace up their sleeves. For them to be losing all these tight games vs the top teams in the league just seems too bad to be true. I don't think it will go down like this in the playoffs. I really really think theyre pulling the same stunt that the Celtics pulled last year, play well enough to make the playoffs then dominate all the way to the Finals...

I'm guaranteeing it right now...come playoff time? The Heat are gonna be whipping these teams !*%$!.

Theres no way Spoelstra/Riley don't have an ace up their sleeves. For them to be losing all these tight games vs the top teams in the league just seems too bad to be true. I don't think it will go down like this in the playoffs. I really really think theyre pulling the same stunt that the Celtics pulled last year, play well enough to make the playoffs then dominate all the way to the Finals...

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Thats a pretty bold guarantee because of the fact that youll be sitting at home watching the game on tv. 
laugh.gif

Thats a pretty bold guarantee because of the fact that youll be sitting at home watching the game on tv. 
laugh.gif

This dude is delusional.
roll.gif

Of course these kind of statements come after a loss to the Knicks.
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

This dude is delusional.
roll.gif

Of course these kind of statements come after a loss to the Knicks.
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

So you guys think they're throwing games?
laugh.gif

As far as that shot from Bron, he got a better look last night then he got against us so I'm not mad at that shot. One day y'all want him to shoot it the next y'all want him to pass he can't win
30t6p3b.gif

Spoe's rotation throws the team out of rhythm, him taking bron out for 7-8mins (that's the equivalent for sitting for damn near 15 minutes) of game time in the 2nd qtr to appease Wade's ego. There is no reason for him to miss that much consecutive game time during any stretch unless you guys are up 30 with 5 to go in the 4th... and even thats not safe given what this team has showed us
30t6p3b.gif

So you guys think they're throwing games?
laugh.gif

As far as that shot from Bron, he got a better look last night then he got against us so I'm not mad at that shot. One day y'all want him to shoot it the next y'all want him to pass he can't win
30t6p3b.gif

Spoe's rotation throws the team out of rhythm, him taking bron out for 7-8mins (that's the equivalent for sitting for damn near 15 minutes) of game time in the 2nd qtr to appease Wade's ego. There is no reason for him to miss that much consecutive game time during any stretch unless you guys are up 30 with 5 to go in the 4th... and even thats not safe given what this team has showed us
30t6p3b.gif

if bron or wade is wide open then shoot the ball.. if miller is open then he should shoot the ball ( being down by 3 ).... like ive said before... i dont care if the super star takes the shot or not... just give me the best shot so the team can win...

your hate for wade is still strong... you probably never watch enough heat games to know our rotation... we have the luxury of sitting lebron or wade for longer periods of time because they can both carry a team... if one player is in a groove, why take them out?...
lebron also gets the team at the end of the 3rd and is surrounded 3 3point shooters...

if bron or wade is wide open then shoot the ball.. if miller is open then he should shoot the ball ( being down by 3 ).... like ive said before... i dont care if the super star takes the shot or not... just give me the best shot so the team can win...

your hate for wade is still strong... you probably never watch enough heat games to know our rotation... we have the luxury of sitting lebron or wade for longer periods of time because they can both carry a team... if one player is in a groove, why take them out?...
lebron also gets the team at the end of the 3rd and is surrounded 3 3point shooters...

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

It's sooooooo frustrating seeing this team not being able to hold large leads against ANYONE 
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Next game isn't all the way till Thursday ,hopefully this team wakes up against Orlando after losing to Chicago and NY 
30t6p3b.gif

At this point I feel like they're throwing games vs. top tier teams... I mean their opponents have admitted to knowing all their plays (
sick.gif
) and they let what should evolve into confidence breaking leads turn into heartbreaking losses. They have to be doing this on purpose, right? 
tired.gif

Feels so bad losing to these teams with the bigger fan bases on NT..Immediately after every loss the game posts turn into 10 pages of gifs and smiley faces.
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

It's sooooooo frustrating seeing this team not being able to hold large leads against ANYONE 
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Next game isn't all the way till Thursday ,hopefully this team wakes up against Orlando after losing to Chicago and NY 
30t6p3b.gif

At this point I feel like they're throwing games vs. top tier teams... I mean their opponents have admitted to knowing all their plays (
sick.gif
) and they let what should evolve into confidence breaking leads turn into heartbreaking losses. They have to be doing this on purpose, right? 
tired.gif

Feels so bad losing to these teams with the bigger fan bases on NT..Immediately after every loss the game posts turn into 10 pages of gifs and smiley faces.
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Skip Bayless punk a@@ .. calling Bron "LeBrick" and "Mr Little Shot" yea no doubt is somewhat hilarious and I'm not coming to his defense per say but I swear I can't stand this dude. He gets off at clowning teams and their players regardless of whom they may play for and be

Back
Top Bottom