Official Headphones Thread. Vol. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones The Best?

To people with beats by dre...or any other high end headphones...
How worried are u about future hearing loss??
I was gonna bu the dre joints...but got scared off...

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

MMN, you came back just in time. can you recommend some quality earphones that i can use for my iPod? i want good quality, but i don't want it to set my pockets back too much.
http://www.amazon.com/Den...id=1237769574&sr=1-1

paired with

http://www.amazon.com/Com...BII/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b

Another satisfied customer
smokin.gif

90853480.jpg

Should you get an amp for this? If so, which one?
I am very new to amps but I was looking at the NuForce one, is that good?
[h1]
[/h1]

I got the Studios for Xmas and I'm satisfied with them. After using them, and using my old earbuds for the first time again, I didn't wanna use emagain...I know it's probably possible to find a cheaper alternative, but I'm happy with the purchase.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

MMN, you came back just in time. can you recommend some quality earphones that i can use for my iPod? i want good quality, but i don't want it to set my pockets back too much.
http://www.amazon.com/Den...id=1237769574&sr=1-1

paired with

http://www.amazon.com/Com...BII/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b

Another satisfied customer
smokin.gif

90853480.jpg

Should you get an amp for this? If so, which one?
I am very new to amps but I was looking at the NuForce one, is that good?
[h1]
[/h1]
Nah, u don't need to amp those

Originally Posted by Dapper D

To people with beats by dre...or any other high end headphones...
How worried are u about future hearing loss??
I was gonna bu the dre joints...but got scared off...
Uhh, doesn't that go for ANY pair of headphones...?

I think what you need to be more concerned with is the level at which you listen to music.

Originally Posted by socluis90

how much is Best Buy employee discount on headphones?

I really wana get the in ear beats but not for 150

studio 160$
solo 98$
tour 80$
lady gaga 54$

Well Here is my review.

As a music Producer I am always looking to get a great sound out of the music I listen to.

So one day I tell my Wife that I Want another pair of headphones. (I previously owned the senhieser Hd 280 and before that some akg k's)

So I kept hearing about The Monster Beats by Dre. Again as a producer I respect Dre very much and always admire what he achieves sonically with his music....ESPECIALLY THE BASS!

So Enters My hunt for a good deal. First I was very skeptical about the $300 Price tag. But if you want quality you have to pay quality right? Well let thestory continue

So I go to my nearest Apple Store to give a listen to the headphones..... WOW! Was I impressed. Nas - "If I ruled the world" never sounded so good tomy ear ever before. Simply said I was sold on the headphones! But I still couldn't justify paying $300 Bucks for Headphones!

Enters Black Friday. On black friday I was pleased to find out that apple was offering the studio version of the Beats headphones for $240 so withouthesitation I purchased them.

Problem # 1 - I never knew the that the headphones also required batteries ?!

But I figured I could put up with buying batteries till I buy some rechargeable batteries. I figured I guess if I want the bass I'm going to needbatteries.

As someone who listens to loud music through headphones probably 5-6 hours a day I realized the batteries only would last me a week before they needed to bereplaced

Problem # 2 - 2 Weeks later My headphones snapped. Im still not sure how it happend but they snapped.

So I go to the store and apple kindly exchanges me another pair

But during the exchange the manager states to me that he's not surprised they snapped, and gets them returned often. Also tells me that an displayversion at the store even had to be replaced due to the screws on the hinges falling out

Needless to say I Carefully listened to what he said.

Now my routine is Gym then to the studio so the headphones are worn for about 5 hours a day plus casual listening an hour or two today. So the headphones areon 6-7 hours a day

Problem # 3 - 3 weeks after I receive my new pair I notice that on both sides of the red wire that connects the headphones its beginning to separatefrom the jack exposing the copper wires!

Needless to say that was my final straw. I love the sound, but I'm not babysitting any headphones. I will catch those headphones again when they remodelthem for better performance

Exclusivo

Originally Posted by kix4kix

100+ for headphones?
roll.gif

If you love listening to music, watching movies on your PC or play PC games with quality music/sfx its beyond worth it. I hear #@%% ive never even heard beforeand I dont even have anything crazy. Anyone looking for full size cans around $100 I recommend the AD700's. Hoping to cop some D2000's soon..maybe.

You guys should check out Grado's lineup, even their cheapest headphones (SR60) sound terrific. Used to have an SR 125 and upgraded to a Senn 600. Lookingto save up money for a Denon D7000 right now.

Originally Posted by shch

You guys should check out Grado's lineup, even their cheapest headphones (SR60) sound terrific. Used to have an SR 125 and upgraded to a Senn 600. Looking to save up money for a Denon D7000 right now.

I hear great reviews about Grado's, but how do they do on bass response? Gotta have good lows considering I listen to mostly hip-hop (Lupe, Murs, Cudi,etc.)
Also, cuz I'm shallow, how do they look when wearin em? Not a fan of full headphones that stick out and look ridiculous. Kinda why I was lookin at theAudio Technica ES7's. They look dope, but apparently have crap low-end.
ATH-ES7.jpg

i got the bose-on ear joints, paid around 160 but they work for me. Nice and lightweight, the memory foam is a nice touch. Definitely the best joins i'veever owned plus the customer service is A1

Smokey1212 wrote:
I hear great reviews about Grado's, but how do they do on bass response? Gotta have good lows considering I listen to mostly hip-hop (Lupe, Murs, Cudi, etc.)
Also, cuz I'm shallow, how do they look when wearin em? Not a fan of full headphones that stick out and look ridiculous. Kinda why I was lookin at the Audio Technica ES7's. They look dope, but apparently have crap low-end.
ATH-ES7.jpg

The bass isn't crazy heavy, it's fine for me, but it doesn't really thump. They hurt for the first 8 hours of wearing them. They lookkinda cheap and old too......and people can hear your music when you listen to them.

Back
Top Bottom