Official Headphones Thread. Vol. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones The Best?

Originally Posted by shch

Smokey1212 wrote:
I hear great reviews about Grado's, but how do they do on bass response? Gotta have good lows considering I listen to mostly hip-hop (Lupe, Murs, Cudi, etc.)
Also, cuz I'm shallow, how do they look when wearin em? Not a fan of full headphones that stick out and look ridiculous. Kinda why I was lookin at the Audio Technica ES7's. They look dope, but apparently have crap low-end.
ATH-ES7.jpg
The bass isn't crazy heavy, it's fine for me, but it doesn't really thump. They hurt for the first 8 hours of wearing them. They look kinda cheap and old too......and people can hear your music when you listen to them.

Well that last part I don't care about, people should hear what I'm listening to. Don't like that part about em hurting tho, but if its only for ashort time, that's not bad. As long as the sound quality is nice, I may give em a try.

Since Grados have been mentioned let me recommend the Alessandro MS-1's. From what I've read theyre based off the SR-125 but priced in the SR-80 range.The "2009" model (Equivalent to the "i" in terms of Grado) is only about 110 dollars. Had I not received the Audio Technica ADH700s as agift (Great but absolutely HUGE) I would've definitely bought the MS-1.

how you like those solos? im looking to buy some as well,
also when does those RED beats drop?

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Originally Posted by shch

Smokey1212 wrote:
I hear great reviews about Grado's, but how do they do on bass response? Gotta have good lows considering I listen to mostly hip-hop (Lupe, Murs, Cudi, etc.)
Also, cuz I'm shallow, how do they look when wearin em? Not a fan of full headphones that stick out and look ridiculous. Kinda why I was lookin at the Audio Technica ES7's. They look dope, but apparently have crap low-end.
ATH-ES7.jpg
The bass isn't crazy heavy, it's fine for me, but it doesn't really thump. They hurt for the first 8 hours of wearing them. They look kinda cheap and old too......and people can hear your music when you listen to them.

Well that last part I don't care about, people should hear what I'm listening to. Don't like that part about em hurting tho, but if its only for a short time, that's not bad. As long as the sound quality is nice, I may give em a try.

I gotta come in here say these are some good� headphones. They got bass especially with theright EQ settings/ special effects in your mp3 player. I got these with a Cowon O2 (w/ the special EQ settings + BBE sound effects) + Fiio E5 headphoneamplifier =
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Play this song with this setup... � =
smokin.gif

The headphones look dope too.. heres what it looks like in real life..
p00426.jpg
p00423.jpg

I just copped some hesh skullcandies in black/green... I'm staring to think they were a waste of money cuz I also got some smaller headphones that blowthem out the water and provide better noise cancellation but I love having HUGJ headphones lol, I'd like to make my skullcandies black so they wont look sorediculous

I could've told you that man...

BOSE is good stuff, but NOT worth the money. They can market though. They can advertise. They are established. People will continue to buy Bose for as long asthey can, because you can buy BOSE and know you are getting quality stuff... it's just that for the same amount of money you can get something much better.

Beats by Dr. Dre are just hyped up mainstream #*+%. For 300 dollars I could get you some of the BEST headphones you will ever put on your head and still havesome left over...maybe

Figuring out what headphones I want to cop is proving to be a little more confusing than I thought. Seems like you have to make a compromise somewhere ifyou're not spending big money.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ everyone still buying this over-advertised crap. Save yourself some money and get some Sennheisers which have 10x the quality. Oh wait nvm, 99.9%of NT is more worried about how they look in overpriced items rather than buying something because it's good. Continue buying your overrated garbage.

so for $300, what is the BEST you could get?

please tell me...

i personally think all the beats are just overhyped...

im rockin over the ear bose triports at the moment and they working real fine for me

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

MMN, you came back just in time. can you recommend some quality earphones that i can use for my iPod? i want good quality, but i don't want it to set my pockets back too much.
http://www.amazon.com/Den...id=1237769574&sr=1-1

paired with

http://www.amazon.com/Com...BII/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b

Another satisfied customer
smokin.gif

90853480.jpg
Kinda want to pull the trigger on these.

Would you recommend these for the gym or running as well?

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

so for $300, what is the BEST you could get?

please tell me...

i personally think all the beats are just overhyped...

im rockin over the ear bose triports at the moment and they working real fine for me

Grado SR225 or 325 but that's a little out of reach imo. You don't really need any amplifiers with these also as they are relatively easy to power (the#1 reason why I bought them). Lossless quality music + any Grado headphones = heaven.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ everyone still buying this over-advertised crap. Save yourself some money and get some Sennheisers which have 10x the quality. Oh wait nvm, 99.9% of NT is more worried about how they look in overpriced items rather than buying something because it's good. Continue buying your overrated garbage.
You right.

Sike, you mad.

Originally Posted by G2345

Originally Posted by socluis90

how much is Best Buy employee discount on headphones?

I really wana get the in ear beats but not for 150

studio 160$
solo 98$
tour 80$
lady gaga 54$

great prices if you have a connect this is what I copped my studios with

picked up some solos today for that bestbuy discount price..went with the black ones
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ everyone still buying this over-advertised crap. Save yourself some money and get some Sennheisers which have 10x the quality. Oh wait nvm, 99.9% ofNT is more worried about how they look in overpriced items rather than buying something because it's good. Continue buying your overrated garbage.

way way to serious..

Back
Top Bottom