Official Headphones Thread. Vol. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones The Best?

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

so for $300, what is the BEST you could get?

please tell me...

i personally think all the beats are just overhyped...

im rockin over the ear bose triports at the moment and they working real fine for me

the thing is... once you start getting $300 headphones, you will need an amp to power them. in addition, if you're running music from your computer,i'd HIGHLY recommend a DAC (digital to analog converter). there are a lot of nice dac/amp combo units out there for $300-400, but now you're spendingaround $600-700.

i'd recommend those denon c551's w/ comply tips.

here's a pretty nice DAC w/ build-in headphone amp: http://www.mavaudio.com/base/

looks pretty too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

nuforce_udac.jpg

pimp.gif

nice portable. name?
nuforce udac

thanks. any idea how these would work with an HD-650?
Not too sure

i'm bout to take the plunge and cop a portable amp for my ipod

iBasso T4

Ultra Portable Headphone Amplifier

20081114183059.jpg

20081114183123.jpg

20081114182958.jpg

20081114183211.jpg

4ch Architechture Design
Gain and Bass Booster switches
ALPS Potentiometer
Stainless Steel Case With Chrome Color Anodized Finish
Rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery with integrated charging system
Charging is accomplished with either the USB cable or AC adapter
Up to 24 hours of play time

what y'all think?

Originally Posted by Exclusivo

Well Here is my review.

As a music Producer I am always looking to get a great sound out of the music I listen to.

So one day I tell my Wife that I Want another pair of headphones. (I previously owned the senhieser Hd 280 and before that some akg k's)

So I kept hearing about The Monster Beats by Dre. Again as a producer I respect Dre very much and always admire what he achieves sonically with his music.... ESPECIALLY THE BASS!

So Enters My hunt for a good deal. First I was very skeptical about the $300 Price tag. But if you want quality you have to pay quality right? Well let the story continue

So I go to my nearest Apple Store to give a listen to the headphones..... WOW! Was I impressed. Nas - "If I ruled the world" never sounded so good to my ear ever before. Simply said I was sold on the headphones! But I still couldn't justify paying $300 Bucks for Headphones!

Enters Black Friday. On black friday I was pleased to find out that apple was offering the studio version of the Beats headphones for $240 so without hesitation I purchased them.

Problem # 1 - I never knew the that the headphones also required batteries ?!

But I figured I could put up with buying batteries till I buy some rechargeable batteries. I figured I guess if I want the bass I'm going to need batteries.

As someone who listens to loud music through headphones probably 5-6 hours a day I realized the batteries only would last me a week before they needed to be replaced

Problem # 2 - 2 Weeks later My headphones snapped. Im still not sure how it happend but they snapped.

So I go to the store and apple kindly exchanges me another pair

But during the exchange the manager states to me that he's not surprised they snapped, and gets them returned often. Also tells me that an display version at the store even had to be replaced due to the screws on the hinges falling out

Needless to say I Carefully listened to what he said.

Now my routine is Gym then to the studio so the headphones are worn for about 5 hours a day plus casual listening an hour or two today. So the headphones are on 6-7 hours a day

Problem # 3 - 3 weeks after I receive my new pair I notice that on both sides of the red wire that connects the headphones its beginning to separate from the jack exposing the copper wires!

Needless to say that was my final straw. I love the sound, but I'm not babysitting any headphones. I will catch those headphones again when they remodel them for better performance

Exclusivo

Just wanted to add to your review, I was in the exact position that you were in, subtract being a producer and adding college. I got them with the Best Buyemployee discount, I think it came to around $175 CAD. First thing that happened, the frame of them broke within 6 months of owning. Needless to say I waspissed. One recommendation I would give to anyone using noise cancelling headphones, is to buy Sanyo Eneloop batteries. I use my Beats Studios for 6-7 hours aday, 6 days a week. These batteries literally last at least a month, if not two on a single charge. I bought a pack with 4AA Eneloops + charger for $20, andthe cycle will last me at least 5-6 years. I've also experienced the same problem with the wire that comes with the Beats, where the rubber tubing splitsfrom the copper wire interior. I've gone through 2 versions of the iPhone version of the cord (called the iSonitalk or some crap). After this replacementcomes and is worn out, I will be seeking a refund for them and looking for a pair of HDs or Grados. I must say these are the best bass + comfortabilityI've ever had in a pair of headphones. The lows and mids are pitch perfect for the amont of money I spent, I just wish they would increase the buildquality on a pair of headphones that retail at $300. End review/rant.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

smpydh.jpg

pimp.gif

i wanna give these a try but they are too expensive. they have them on ebay for around $70-$80 which is like half of retail and im willing to pay that but imscared that they might be fake. anybody purchased these off ebay?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

<3 my HD 205 Sennheisers
smokin.gif
This man knows how to purchase musical technology. The BBD are consumer based headphones that exceed standards at the end of the day. Personally,I don't want headphones that need batteries.

i got some Solo's about 3 weeks ago and now the rubbering is peeling off. Can I take them back to apple an exchange them for a new pair or do I need to gothrough Monster?

Originally Posted by AQPHAME

J Dilla Himself wrote:

smpydh.jpg

pimp.gif

i wanna give these a try but they are too expensive. they have them on ebay for around $70-$80 which is like half of retail and im willing to pay that but im scared that they might be fake. anybody purchased these off ebay?  

I am wondering the same thing. does anyone know of a legit seller?

Originally Posted by marable

i got some Solo's about 3 weeks ago and now the rubbering is peeling off. Can I take them back to apple an exchange them for a new pair or do I need to gothrough Monster?

Take them to Apple

can someone recommend me some good headphones that are not tooo pricey. I want them for listening to music and laptop usage. thanks

Back
Top Bottom