OFFICIAL HEADPHONE THREAD VOL. iPod earbuds hurt

anyone have any info/updates on the Sleek by 50 joints 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BK201

Question: Are there headphones/earphones that have detachable cords? 

yeah my shure 750 dj have detachable cord...imo if your spending 100$+ on a pair of big headphones they should have detachable cord 

Just an FYI for people that hate having their iPhone earbuds breaking. I have been on my 5th pair since I have had an iPhone and I just found out the other day that each earphone actually has a 1 year warranty. As much as that is still a pain cause these break all the time, you can at least exchange them as many times as you can as long as the ear phones weren't purposely broken.

And I heard that Skull Candy has a lifetime warranty as well. Something to think about when you are buying these things.

Skull candies $15... Can't beat them they're amazing. IpOd might have the worst headphones ever!!!!

I got the Sennheiser HD 280's and they're good, just a little too bulky for me.  I haven't used 'em that much, so I can sell it to you for cheap.  Basically brand new with the box everything.. I'll hook you up if you wanna go with the 280's.

currently rocking senn hd650's with a nuforce icon hdp dac/amp combo.

i eventually wanna upgrade to a dedicated dac and a dedicated headphone amp.

suggestions anyone? i mainly listen to jazz and lots and lots of vocal albums.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by BK201

Question: Are there headphones/earphones that have detachable cords? 

yeah my shure 750 dj have detachable cord...imo if your spending 100$+ on a pair of big headphones they should have detachable cord 

my senn hd650s also have detachable cords.

Could someone recommend me decent in-ear earphones around $50 and that's also compatible with the Comply Foam tips Tx-400? Thanks in advance. 

Originally Posted by JUS3

I got the Sennheiser HD 280's and they're good, just a little too bulky for me.  I haven't used 'em that much, so I can sell it to you for cheap.  Basically brand new with the box everything.. I'll hook you up if you wanna go with the 280's.

Right on, i'll keep that in mind once I make my decision dude, thanks.

hd280s are huge if you're planing to use them on-the-go. you might want to see a pair in person before buying.

Are they anything like the HD205s?

That's what I have at the moment, yeah they're big, but I love em. The only thing i'd change is the length of the cord, and make them open ear

Originally Posted by CWrite78

get some audio technica m50s and call it a day
Did you end up getting a pair?

I saw you posted earlier you've been meaning to get some so just wondering if you did.

I love mine.

Also, for more in-depth headphone talk, check out head-fi for those of you who are unaware of it. What this forum is for shoes, that forum is for headphones. I love that forum. But boy is it dangerous. Has me wanting to buy a new set of cans everyday. Not good. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Had these for a good while now (5 months or so). Great pair of headphones. Gotten a few compliments from people "in the know" as well. 109 shipped from B&H.
They are highly recommended by the audiophile community. Trust me, I searched head-fi forums extensively. These came up often for my price range (100-150). 

I own the Beats Tour Edition that my girlfriend bought me for my birthday. The sound quality is excellent but they are very uncomfortable. The rubber tips have gotten stuck inside of my ear multiple times because of the earbud either falling out during exercise or me removing them from my ear requiring me to use tweezers to remove it. I've tried using the different size rubber tips they provide but it could just be my ear canals are small. Also, the headphones are not as durable as they claim. On two occasions the wiring started to become exposed and twice the right side completely stopped working. On the plus side, besides having to wait on hold for over 20 minutes before speaking to a live person, the customer service has been very helpful. Each time I have called them with an issue, they have agreed to replace my pair with new ones even though I have been two years out of warranty. If I had to give my opinion, I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by CWrite78

get some audio technica m50s and call it a day

AD700 or M50?

i use ad700 for gaming. great soundstage, perfect for sound whoring.

i listen to music with a lot of bass (dubstep/electro/rap) so the m50s are perfect for that.

Did you end up getting a pair?

I saw you posted earlier you've been meaning to get some so just wondering if you did.

I love mine.

waiting on my paycheck to get them. been wanting a pair for the damn longest too.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Could someone recommend me decent in-ear earphones around $50 and that's also compatible with the Comply Foam tips Tx-400? Thanks in advance. 

Anyone...
nerd.gif
frown.gif

I bought the turbines back in Oct on amazon and just yesterday they broke on me
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
those were 
pimp.gif

For those of you with the Turbines, make sure you get the comply foam tips. I just got a three pack yesterday for $7 at Radioshack (retail is $14 but my friend works there), and they are
eek.gif
pimp.gif

They make the Turbines sound better and are much more comfortable than the rubber ones.

Anyone got the Denon AH-D1100?
[h1]
41-B-kVfxcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[/h1][h1]
[/h1]They're $199 on Amazon right now but they were $150 a little while back. Waiting for the price to drop again.

Back
Top Bottom