Official Halo 3: ODST Thread --- Prepare to drop Sep 22.

so will this game have all the same features as halo 3 online? big team battle, death match, squad battle,team objective etc?

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

beat the campaign, played a ton of firefight, have about 500/1000 gamerscore in it.

campaign was about 5 hours solo. decent. some repetitive parts that reminded me of the library level in halo 1. painfully boring.

firefight is a ton of fun. get 3 of your dudes online and it's a blast. more fun than horde in gears 2, IMO.

any questions?

EDIT: live gamertag is my username.
is it true that theres no matchmaking for firefight??
thanks

why would anyone cop this? whats so different from halo 3? they look exactly the same. please persuade me

Having To Send My 360 Back Cuz Of The RRoD FTMFL
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

beat the campaign, played a ton of firefight, have about 500/1000 gamerscore in it.

campaign was about 5 hours solo. decent. some repetitive parts that reminded me of the library level in halo 1. painfully boring.

firefight is a ton of fun. get 3 of your dudes online and it's a blast. more fun than horde in gears 2, IMO.

any questions?

EDIT: live gamertag is my username.
is it true that theres no matchmaking for firefight??
thanks
yeah. there's no matchmaking for firefight - you can only play locally or on live with people from your friends list.

after playing firefight and realizing that is a ton of fun, this is really a bummer. i can see it losing popularity fast because it's not as accessible asit should be.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

why would anyone cop this? whats so different from halo 3? they look exactly the same. please persuade me
The core gameplay is the same but in ODST you can't duel wield, the uses health packs, can't use equipment, no Battle Rifle
mad.gif
, can't jump nearly as high as Master chief, and the pistol is much better sobasically it is a lot like CE. Also you have no radar, you can take fall damage in this game, and the ODST hemlet lets you see in the dark. ODST and Halo 3look the same because they use the exact same engine. But every reviewer is saying that if you liked Halo 1-3, then you will like ODST because it does feellike a Halo game but tweak enough to make it fresh and interesting.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

First Halo i wont be buying, Halo 3 was a dissapointment, not happening again

how was halo 3 a disappointment? it's the best put together game on a console to date.. nothing else touches it's matchmaking system, it's balanceof play, and it's core gameplay mechanics.. not to mention the replay system.

Unless you're talking the single player.. but if you bought it for that, then
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by That Guy

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Already have it.

But Im not about to play and get banned.
YOU ALREADY HAVE WHAT??? THE GAME?? And why would you get banned if you play it?
eyes.gif
Modded 360 my man
pimp.gif

And i'd get banned to play it because its too early to have the game right now. There isnt a patch for it yet. I'll probably be able to play it maybe a week before the official release.
I've already played and beat the campaign and I haven't been banned. If you wanna play it, just make another profile that doesn't connect to XBL.

That said, I'm a Halo geek, but this game didn't really impress me too much.
ohwell.gif
How long did it take you to beat the campaign?
Played it on co-op, normal difficulty and it took no more than 7 hours.

Anybody copping this @ midnight? If so add me GT: Gator Boy 24, so we can play some firefight.

can pick it up right now but the short campaign is a turn off and i have all the map packs already

Am I the only one EXCITED for this?!?!? Going at Midnight for sure! All HALO fans should def cop without question! SQUAD UP!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

im thinking about gettin a xbox just for this
laugh.gif

but then again, i need to focus on school.

^^ You tell no lies my friend. I have both systems and I haven't been playing any games because I need to focus on this damn math class. This holidaylineup is no joke too. I'm gonna be too tempted.

^^That's a good question. When I was watching the review the multiplayer details weren't clear to me.

i see a good amount of people on my friends list playing these last few days i was confused about when it comes out

Not sure if I should cop... the only thing this really brings to the table is firefight... but you can't do matchmaking so if my friends arent on I'mSOL

LAME

Just finished a few rounds of firefight with my homey this game is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm coppin for sure GOTY!

I'm debating...

Damn I already have all of the map packs...

But, I would like to play the campaign...

It doesn't help that I got a big !%! refund on my car insurance when I switched to another company...

What to do what to do...

I just don't want to get it and then in 2-3 months it's $20 or something like SFIV was...

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I'm debating...

It doesn't help that I got a big !%! refund on my car insurance when I switched to another company...

What to do what to do...

I just don't want to get it and then in 2-3 months it's $20 or something like SFIV was...
dont cop, u only want it because of the hype and anticipation of the game.

In a months time the hype will completely die and youll end up forgetting the game even came out. Trust me on this.

Especially since COD MW2 will completely trump ANY and EVERY game coming out.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I'm debating...

What to do what to do...

Get it at TRU, then you get the $20 gift card towards something else... Practically making it $40. Sure you pay $60 up front, but with MW2 andForza 3 coming, that $20 will be used. Not sure if the card has an expiration. The Madden gift card did...

Yo Nick, you're out of your mind dude.

I've had a copy for like a week, but I refuse to play. I really don't wanna get banned.
laugh.gif

Get it at TRU, then you get the $20 gift card towards something else... Practically making it $40. Sure you pay $60 up front, but with MW2 and Forza 3 coming, that $20 will be used. Not sure if the card has an expiration. The Madden gift card did...

In addition, consider that Toys RUS usually has a buy 2 get 1 free on all games sometime in the Fall (usually October.) You could use that Giftcard towards that promotion.

Then you have hitters like NBA 2K10, Forza 3, Fifa 10, Uncharted 2 (ps3) coming out in that month.

Back
Top Bottom