****OFFICIAL GUCCI MANE & BRICKSQUAD 1017****

Interesting interview with Waka on the breakfast club. I like Waka's music but I dunno if I believe anything he said though. For all we know most of the stuff he said could be lies cause Gucci asking for 250k to buy out Waka's contract. And Waka said he makes that kind of money in one week when touring Europe. :rolleyes If thats true just buy out your own contract.
I know Gucci aint level headed but come on

Last edited:
so you won't brlieve waka but you woill believe a ***** who has been to the crazy house before and goes on tangents every few weeks against EVERYONE he knows. ****** mad because the cape being stripped off they superhero.

Stop believing these rappers are all that they say they our.

So if you rep squad that automatically means gucci put you on even if hes not on your mixtape?

Did gucci put migos on or was it drake?

And Future put scooter on not gucci

Interesting interview with Waka on the breakfast club. I like Waka's music but I dunno if I believe anything he said though. For all we know most of the stuff he said could be lies cause Gucci asking for 250k to buy out Waka's contract. And Waka said he makes that kind of money in one week when touring Europe. :rolleyes If thats true just buy out your own contract.
I know Gucci aint level headed but come on

Im sure Gucci doesn't want to sell it. It's something he can hold over Waka's head.

"Waka flocka flame tell bro to bring the choppa"

All I need to know. Without guwop we wouldn't even have the name waka and that's just the truth.

Last edited:
Nobody wouls know Waka if it wasnt for Gucci, how is this even debatable?

"Oh lets do it" Waka first single that got radio play was spreading through the south in early spring (March or April) 09 and then Gucci seen that it had momentum behind it and added it to his mixtape "The movie pt 2" that drop in late July 09 as a bonus track at end of the mixtape. Gucci didn't put him on to me.

He was only on one of Gucci's mixtape before that (the writing on the wall) and he was only on one song under the feature name bricksquad not waka.

Waka already had two club hits without Gucci on them is what people are forgetting.

To me putting someone on is what Cam did with dipset.
being from MD and living in the south at the time too n i can say most ppl i know back home and down where I was at started really banging with O lets Do it after that Gucci tape dropped in the summer, so im sure nationwide you can say Gucci def hada hand in putting Waka on..cuz without being the last track on the movie 2, it could have just been one of them songs that buzz in the South for a bit then dies out...

:lol: Dudes stay giving Gucci too much credit.

I think some dudes idolize Gucci :lol:

That's how it was when 50 came out, and some dudes believed he was superman, like he would rub off on them. They were buying those feminine looking wife beaters and everything. At least 50 is something to respect. This dude is like idolizing DMX or Flava Flav. If it wasn't for the Jeezy incident his career would be dead.

That's how it was when 50 came out, and some dudes believed he was superman, like he would rub off on them. They were buying those feminine looking wife beaters and everything. At least 50 is something to respect. This dude is like idolizing DMX or Flava Flav. If it wasn't for the Jeezy incident his career would be dead.

I'll give you that if it wasn't for that incident he would be another Hitman Sammy Sam or baby d status. I can say this thou he has a hella ova work ethic so it's kinda hard to say he wouldn't have flooded the market with tape after tape if that situation didn't happen.

roll.gif
At Waka making anywhere near 250k a week touring in europe or anywhere in the world.  

Outlandish statements being thrown all over this thread by n_'s who probably didn't start listening to Gooch until Lemonade/Wasted came on the radio :smh:

Using some of you guys logic, 50 Cent didn't put on Buck... Banks... and to a lesser extent The Game huh?

Oh Let's Do It was just your average song that dudes in ATL and supporters of 1017 Bricksquad bumped for a smooth 8 months to a year, I still remember playing this song that summer with a few homeboys in the car and they was all "meh." fast forward a few months, song is on The Movie Pt. 2 & Gucci's out of jail & it starts getting radio spins... same dudes hitting me up like "bruh, that OLDI song hard... I didn't know this was homie from the Gucci videos/freestyles in the back smokin."

This was no coincidence.

We need to have a discussion on what "putting on" means exactly.

I'm not discrediting Gucci's influence on his career. Even Waka himself said He grew up on gucci. Yes, the affiliation helped. Without it, it's possible that Waka never even decides to rap. But Gucci IS NOT responsible for Waka becoming as popular as he is today.

Absolutely not.

Last edited:
So if you rep squad that automatically means gucci put you on even if hes not on your mixtape?

Did gucci put migos on or was it drake?

And Future put scooter on not gucci

You're right. Future put scooter on. But idk bout y'all, but I personally didn't check for future til free bricks. And started messing with scooter heavy after he linked up wit Gucci.

Also, Drake didn't put Migos on, that's like giving Kanye credit for chief keef. They been bubbling, and had some assist from Gucci putting them on some mixtapes.

Drake just introduced them to the masses, who thought it was Drakes song and end the song after his verse anyway lol.

url="/t/182116/official-gucci-mane-bricksquad-1017/5750_50#post_18735712"]

If it wasn't for the Jeezy incident his career would be dead.

That Jeezy situation DID kill his career from an industry standpoint, Chicken Talk... Gucci Sosa... Wilt Chamberlin series etc. is was kept him poppin' in the South/the streets. But I wouldn't expect somebody like yourself to understand.

Last edited:
Gucci has proved himself to be a lame I'll take Waka's word on it.

He did put Waka on tho.

I don't believe a word he says either ( waks ) dudes trying to save face and expose someone to keep them going , what type man is you ? If all that was going on with him why was you rolling with for so long. ? It takes Gucci having a mental breakdown on twitter for all this to come to light ? Also if you really making 250 k in Europe a week or even if he misspoken and meant a month I need to holla at dj scream and dj holiday and drop a couple if mixtapes too since I grew up in the same area as them .

We need to have a discussion on what "putting on" means exactly.

I'm not discrediting Gucci's influence on his career. Even Waka himself said He grew up on gucci. Yes, the affiliation helped. Without it, it's possible that Waka never even decides to rap. But Gucci IS NOT responsible for Waka becoming as popular as he is today.

Absolutely not.

No sarcasm, do you feel that Cam'ron is responible for putting on Jim Jones?
I'm aware that Cam didn't record his songs for him or put him on his personal one or two biggest hits, but was it or was it not his affiliation with Cam/Dipset that initially seperated him from being just another n_ from the east coast trying to rap without lyrics?

Outlandish statements being thrown all over this thread by n_'s who probably didn't start listening to Gooch until Lemonade/Wasted came on the radio
mean.gif

Using some of you guys logic, 50 Cent didn't put on Buck... Banks... and to a lesser extent The Game huh?

Oh Let's Do It was just your average song that dudes in ATL and supporters of 1017 Bricksquad bumped for a smooth 8 months to a year, I still remember playing this song that summer with a few homeboys in the car and they was all "meh." fast forward a few months, song is on The Movie Pt. 2 & Gucci's out of jail & it starts getting radio spins... same dudes hitting me up like "bruh, that OLDI song hard... I didn't know this was homie from the Gucci videos/freestyles in the back smokin."

This was no coincidence.
hate when ****** do that 
laugh.gif

I don't believe a word he says either ( waks ) dudes trying to save face and expose someone to keep them going , what type man is you ? If all that was going on with him why was you rolling with for so long. ? It takes Gucci having a mental breakdown on twitter for all this to come to light ? Also if you really making 250 k in Europe a week or even if he misspoken and meant a month I need to holla at dj scream and dj holiday and drop a couple if mixtapes too since I grew up in the same area as them .

nah you got it mixed up bruh i believe Waka i think Gucci's a lame and a liar

like he said it wasnt no disrespect between they just wasnt feelin each other why air dirty laundry even still he's holding back when he could out right disrespect Gucci and speak on everything he knows but hasnt

Waka seems like a real stand up dude in my eyes

nah you got it mixed up bruh i believe Waka i think Gucci's a lame and a liar

like he said it wasnt no disrespect between they just wasnt feelin each other why air dirty laundry even still he's holding back when he could out right disrespect Gucci and speak on everything he knows but hasnt

Waka seems like a real stand up dude in my eyes

But it sounds funny to me that since he ( gucci) made the fall out public that all of a sudden waka didn't want to rock with him since day one. If you been feeling this way the whole time why it gotta take homie on twitter to call out everybody in the world for y'all to start chirping , and why not just get it all of your chest now and keep it moving instead of revisiting this again when guce gets out of jail and miss his daily dosage ? And you really believe he getting that much a show ? If that's the case it shouldn't be nothing for him to buy his freedom from guce like 2 chains did from Luda

Last edited:
But it sounds funny to me that since he ( gucci) made the fall out public that all of a sudden waka didn't want to rock with him since day one. If you been feeling this way the whole time why it gotta take homie on twitter to call out everybody in the world for y'all to start chirping , and why not just get it all of your chest now and keep it moving instead of revisiting this again when guce gets out of jail and miss his daily dosage ? And you really believe he getting that much a show ? If that's the case it shouldn't be nothing for him to buy his freedom from guce like 2 chains did from Luda

I don't think it's that. He probably reflected on their entire relationship and Gucci's relationships with others. He probably now sees the way he moved the whole time, but he overlooked it. I'm sure you've had that before with people. You didn't think it was a big deal, but you started noticing a pattern.

I'll give you that if it wasn't for that incident he would be another Hitman Sammy Sam or baby d status. I can say this thou he has a hella ova work ethic so it's kinda hard to say he wouldn't have flooded the market with tape after tape if that situation didn't happen.
lol damn you threw it back on these ******...

Back
Top Bottom