OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The stress on these people's faces was totally me watching at the crib by myself :lol:

The score in this scene and whens shes darth mauling were A1 :pimp:

I don't know why those people were so stressed out when the characters obviously have plot armor. :lol:

EDIT

This is why the criticisms of the episode are so infuriating, as if we weren't all on the edge of our seats THE ENTIRE TIME. :lol:

people are just butt hurt cause they really thought a mute dude in a rubber costume was going to be the end game when that clearly wasn't the case just based off the ordering of the episodes. :lol:

Also, is Sansa throwing that Kissed By Fire cooch at Tyrion? She's trying to have an Arya moment with the Half Man?

I think the wars should have been swapped.

I know this story is mainly about the battle for the throne. But after introducing the threat of the dead, the throne seemed so meaningless. Now with the dead being dismantled, the threat of Cercei and her army isn't nearly as impactful or threatening (imo)....she's just a crazy pregnant woman. :lol:

Nah man, fighting against magic ice zombies aint a satisfying conclusion to the character based drama which is what made the show a hit.

writers made the correct choice.

I don't know why those people were so stressed out when the characters obviously have plot armor. :lol:

EDIT

This is why the criticisms of the episode are so infuriating, as if we weren't all on the edge of our seats THE ENTIRE TIME. :lol:

people are just butt hurt cause they really thought a mute dude in a rubber costume was going to be the end game when that clearly wasn't the case just based off the ordering of the episodes. :lol:

wouldn't that make them more understandable? people on the edge of their seats and then the end just lets all the air out the balloon in a disappointing fashion

i personally wasn't expecting him to be the last fight but i was expecting it to make sense and get some kind of explanation, and instead neither happened

they've hyped the white walkers from the first episode and to now act like you don't understand why people would be less than thrilled with how this is playing out is disingenuous as hell

Now why couldn’t they have given us this scene instead!!!?? With him fighting Brienne, Pod, Jaime, Jon and ***** it have Arya come and save the day after he disposed of most of these characters...that would have been 10x more satisfying
They kind of did. That's the Sir Arthur Dayne vs Ned and company fight choreography...

Cersei can't be that big of a problem if you got 2 Dragons right?

I wonder whats he has up her sleeve

She always has something prepared

Cersei can't be that big of a problem if you got 2 Dragons right?

I wonder whats he has up her sleeve

She always has something prepared

Tyrion or Jon has said in past seasons that they don't want Dany to torch King's Landing because they want to spare innocent lives.

DDBBBB2C-B517-40AD-9EE9-40F095025F80.jpeg
4E5EEC3F-3FFF-418C-AC19-96EE03782E00.jpeg
0258E36C-3858-4CD0-8EBA-ECCD3884A62D.jpeg
37EBD4BA-56D7-456F-9477-C5F26F5C3127.jpeg
1B05D50E-414B-4719-AEBF-81D6365F8B9F.jpeg
1646184F-29FB-4D17-A59F-804D489D52D2.jpeg
701EB3C4-1C53-47BC-AE07-EA39B8DE28A9.jpeg
F7BAD0AC-F613-4D3B-82B3-D264D5869F0C.jpeg
ECBA1F43-6B44-4DCC-8A0D-B607B397D1A8.jpeg
D419CCE9-4512-46E4-B884-6D63033A6624.jpeg

They could have done away with Pod, Brienne and Tormund at the very least.

That leaves Jon, the Dragons, the Hound, ARYA, Jaime to continue their archs, and I’m pretty sure we get Yara with the IronBorn back to make up for the loss Dothraki and Undullied and help kill her uncle.

Brienne has to fight against Cersei’s army.

Tormund is literally the last wildling soldier left. After the dust is settled you need him for dialogue and story telling purposes.

Pod, who cares? What narrative purpose does killing Pod provide? How does it advance or better the show rather than satisfying your viewing bloodlust? Would it even be surprising or satisfying for Pod to die? Would you really care at all?

Real talk a primary character hasn’t died in an unexpected and shocking way since Oberyn. I’m not counting Cersei blowing up half of King’s Landing because that was telegraphed all season. They’re trying to tell the end of the story. They’re not gonna just murk off characters for retweets. Maybe in the final battle against Cersei but you actually need some characters to make it there for that.

Rewatched the episode a few times. It was so good until about the end. The build-up and suspense during the first ten minutes of the episode is GOAT-level ****. That part was absolutely perfect. The music was incredible as well. GOT music always incredible, tho, so no surprise there.

Still can't come to grips with the Night King being dead for me. That death just left something to be desired for me.

Tyrion or Jon has said in past seasons that they don't want Dany to torch King's Landing because they want to spare innocent lives.

Dany has no choice but to use the dragons now she has no army dothraki all gone unsullied gotta be down to a hand full at best

im cool with the battle vs the night king lasting one long episode. not into the walking dead vibe with zombies, but do with we saw something more with white walkers. arya taking out the NK was super dope in the moment.

just couldn't believe how poor the war strategy was. dothraki go out for no reason, dragons a non factor. not only was bran completely useless, they don't bother to surround him with better backup than theon and some arrows wtf. jon westbrook out here stat hunting with no gameplan.

once GRRM wrote himself into a corner and didn't finish the books the die was cast.

Once that happened, there was no way they were going to be able to generate intricate super detailed fantasy story lines on a TV show production schedule.

So they had to make a choice, what is the show ULTIMATELY about, the fantasy elements or the character based drama?

It's the drama.
They chose wisely.

ultimately, im a movie, scifi, fantasy nerd, but it's tempered by a Nigerian practicality. :lol:

so im always going to be opposed to nerds making impractical complaints because they didn't get what they wanted. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom