OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Random hot take: Arya definitely has to die now. She’s too OP

i have zero faith of that ever happening after that dumbass episode last night

At this rate,

Arya will kill Cersei

Arya will take the Iron Throne

Arya will ride all 3 dragons at the same time.

Arya will sweep the Warriors in the NBA Finals

Arya will be the 46th President of the United States

Also never mind the fact that the NK demise scene was constructed PURPOSELY to make you forget about Arya, to make it a surprise when she comes in for the game winner.

it would defeat the purpose to show her sneaking through white walkerts and making the save.

D5TO4eAWAAAsyIi.jpg

i have zero faith of that ever happening after that dumbass episode last night

At this rate,

Arya will kill Cersei

Arya will take the Iron Throne

Arya will ride all 3 dragons at the same time.

Arya will sweep the Warriors in the NBA Finals

Arya will be the 46th President of the United States
Arya 100% deserves the throne. Only smart character in the show now.

I don't care about the sneak. Her being an assassin makes sense. They even foreshadowed it.

I just want to know when baby girl got a "James White in his prime" level vertical. The show never shown her doing squats, box jumps. Where are her Dragonglass Jumpsoles.

I WANT ANSWERS!!! :lol:

We all do but when we ask these questions, it's all "OMG you guys complain about everything" . I'm convinced they could get away with anything and the masses will just love it just because. Tyrion could take down a 10 foot white walker without a scratch and they'd love it :lol:

arya cool with the swords and al
but she aint no damn sneaky assassin
like yall tryna make her be
writing so damn trash
and whoever backing this up is trash too

Out of every character in the show, wouldn't she be the one to fit the bill of sneaky assassin? That seems to be exactly what she learned at the House of Black and White.

my dude went 1v1 with a dragon and survived and fell into a lake wearing 100 pounds of armor.

guys surviving impossible circumstances is par for the course, you just mad because you EXPECTED a bigger body count, thats on you my dude.
Revisionist history like a mug. :lol:

Jaime never went 1v1 with Drogon.

He foolishly made a charge at Dany & him while they weren’t paying attention & when they saw him coming, he was about to get lit up like a Christmas tree until Bron saved him.

He falls into a lake wearing a **** ton of armor. Ok. Again, he survives because Bron who is only wearing a blouse is able to pull him up. All these things are in the realm of possibly happening. We don’t know what Bron benches & squats so he can very well have pulled his *** up.

Idc about a bigger body count, I just expected a better executed culmination of the Long Night that has been preached as the real threat to Westeros since day 1.

Y’all keep saying this was never a story about the WW are either full of **** or haven’t been watching THE SHOW. They’ve explicitly been pushing them as the real issue to the world while man & their egos fight over a chair.

Revisionist history like a mug. :lol:

Jaime never went 1v1 with Drogon.

He foolishly made a charge at Dany & him while they weren’t paying attention & when they saw him coming, he was about to get lit up like a Christmas tree until Bron saved him.

He falls into a lake wearing a **** ton of armor. Ok. Again, he survives because Bron who is only wearing a blouse is able to pull him up. All these things are in the realm of possibly happening. We don’t know what Bron benches & squats so he can very well have pulled his *** up.

Idc about a bigger body count, I just expected a better executed culmination of the Long Night that has been preached as the real threat to Westeros since day 1.

Y’all keep saying this was never a story about the WW are either full of **** or haven’t been watching THE SHOW. They’ve explicitly been pushing them as the real issue to the world while man & their egos fight over a chair.
WW's have literally been told of being a menace since Episode 1 of season 1 :lol: . They're trying their hardest to minimize the importance of the NK to this show.

Most of Your Criticisms are Dumb and Wrong. vol. 1. part a, section I.

Oh it sucked because Characters have plot Armor.

1. The idea that characters didn't have plot armor was a convincing illusion created by GRRM.

It was built on using the tropes of fantasy to convince you that certain characters were important when they actually weren't. That is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain and once we reached the endgame phase, we no longer have time for misdirection, no time to introduce new characters and pretended that they are important when they aren't

the characters that are needed in the ending do have to survive now.

2. Even if they did have plot armor I would argue that it only looks that way in retrospect,

during the entire episode, IT WAS NOT CLEAR who was going to live or die, when Brienne or Jamie or Sam were surrounded by wights you thought they were in REAL PERIL. The only reason you perceive it as plot armor NOW is because we only have 3 episodes left, if this happened in mid show you wouldn't have a problem.

did you call it plot armor the millions of times Johnny Snow came close to certain death during that past few seasons? The only reason we didn't see it as plot armor is because they could kill off a Oberyn, Ned, Robb, to mask that. but with the endgame in motion all the cards are on the table.

3. If the characters do have plot armor, do you think you can confidently pick who is going to live or die and in how long? I THINK NOT.

going forward, peril will still have stakes, because we are running out of time.

So really the only reason you are mad so many of our heroes survived is because of your OWN EXPECTATIONS, not some flaw in the storytelling.

4. Is a bunch of characters dying ignominiously under hordes of unleaded actually satisfying?

Like is that what you really wanted? would that have been a satisfying story arc close to Grey worm, Brienne, ect ect?
It actually would have been extremely lame, and would have reduced the show to a character death generator.

have them going out in against forces that we care about not hordes of nameless faceless undead. The writers made the correct decision.

2. hOw dID aRyA mAkE iT tO tHe nIgHt kInG!

Are y'all serious?? are y'all actually serious???

You guys are telling me WE WATCHED 3 GOD DAMN season of Arya going to ****ing BRAVOS, train to become a MAGICAL GOD DANM NINJA ASSASSIN

and you have the AUDACITY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL to ASK .....HOW SHE DID IT??!!!!

??????

This criticism is no worth my time. :lol:

3. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NIGHT KING?

But what the **** about the night king?? The night king is. not. thanos.

he is a mute dude in a rubber costume, did you think he was going reveal his grand plan? His place in the cosmos, why? How, and with what time? Like do you really think it would be judicious use of storying telling minutes to focus on the god damn night king? are you crazy?

The night king was the least interesting villain on the show, was an existential threat to force the characters together.

his motivation? they told you his motivation. to kill all humans, why? because the children of the forces created him for that purpose. WHAT MORE info DO YOU NEED?

If you are mad about the lack of night king mythology be mad at GRRM, because the only place where you can do deep dive into his mythology of that type of character is IN A ****ING NOVEL.

The writers were totally right to wipe that dude off the board and get back to the drama that the show is actually build on, and that is HUMAN conflict and HUMAN drama. you should have known we weren't getting deep into the fantasy stuff when they sidelined bran for a whole season.

Naw man. I call BS.

"Everybody dies." This was drilled into our heads FOR 7+ SEASONS. Everybody dies........except against the war vs the Dead, then nobody that matters dies, just the nobodies.

S8E2, at the fire place, Tyrion, Tormund, Brianne, Podric, Jamie, Davos. We're all going to die tomorrow, but at least we're doing it together. ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO of them died. Bruh, Davos don't eem ****in fight man, and he's alive.

SAM IS ALIVE.

Bran sat in a chair protected by 6 dudes.

Dany was surrounded by dead. No dragon. Alive.

Jon was SURROUNDED by freshly raised Dothraki/Unsullied. By himself. He alive.

Jamie with one arm. Alive.

Brianne, tackled by like 10 dead, alive.

THOUSANDS are dead. 4 minor characters with actual names among them. One of them was 10, crushed to death, but managed to take down a Giant. In fact, when they took down the wall, there were multiple Giants. How many we see last night? How many White Walkers did we see at the end of Ep 2? They killed exactly nobody. The Night King managed to kill 1 at least, Theon. After he ran half a mile.

2 years. They spent 2 years workin on this. This is what they came up with? Saying goodbye in Ep2, so they can live vs the Dead, when they were getting MURKED.

And now the Northern army of.......65? 12? How many they have left to go fight the 20,000 well paid Southerners? A hundred? I swear if they walk South and they suddenly have thousands again, I'm only gonna get louder on this ********.

We got screwed man. Straight up. 8 seasons, since 2011, THE FIRST SCENE was fake Matt Damon walking out beyond the wall encountering White Walkers. Winter is Coming. Everybody dies. Welp.....

Tywin v Robb lasted 3 damn seasons. We cleaned up the White Walker war in an episode. Without any major deaths, just random nobodies.

Superstar Arya was getting her *** handed to her by the ugly broom girl a season ago, now she's taking on Brianne and her enormous sword.....with needle. NEEDLE.
And they follow that up by doin the Night King. Jumping from.......where, exactly? With 500+ wights + multiple Generals just sitting there.

To sum this all up, Season 7. Jon rides south to beg for help in the great war. (and dragon glass) He gets the help. Then he walks up north of the wall, to get one dead guy and travel back to King's Landing. To beg for help in the great war. They got ONE soldier. One. With one hand. And wiped out the dead army anyways. Now we need 3 eps to handle the pregnant wine drinker who traded in her brother for a pirate?
What was Season 7 for again?

****, I haven't even *****ed about lets have 6 guys north of the wall, oh ****, there's 100K here, you, Gendry, run on foot back to the wall, send a bird south to Dragonstone, have Dany fly back up north for us, we'll all be sittin here waiting. That's DAYS worth of travel. :lol: :rofl:
Then we'll have the dead army take down the wall, somehow there will be multiple survivors from that, and not only that, they will PASS the dead on the way to Winterfell. ??????????????????????

We writing good? We don't have any plot armor goin on here? The first 4 seasons, were you gettin this type of "quality"?

We killed Hound, oh, nope, brought him back.
We killed Jon, sike, we got him back too.
Everybody lives vs the dead "war" *cough, pillow fight, cough*

I will at least give HBO some credit if they look me in the face next week and march 18 people down to King's Landing to take on Cersei. Do it. Show me the superstars that can't die and match them up vs the 20K. I'll respect that more than them suddenly having a few thousand still alive (that were nowhere to be seen last night)

NK should have hired some Atlanta TSA workers for security. Dem sistas ain't letting anyone through.

They would be in the Godswood like..

Hello, hello, lil girl, come here. Put that dagger in the basket. Are there anything in your pockets?...Stand on the side we have to search you before we kill your brother.

Then during the search they gonna have a side convo about how the NK denied their PTO request because they gotta go to Kings Landing tomorrow to wipe out Cersei, so they just gonna call out. **** that ****.

my dude went 1v1 with a dragon and survived and fell into a lake wearing 100 pounds of armor.

guys surviving impossible circumstances is par for the course, you just mad because you EXPECTED a bigger body count, thats on you my dude.

Yeah, that's terrible ******* writing too fam. Atrocious even. Same as Jon standing in front of thousands of charging horses and not a single one of them mauling him. Beautiful imagery, terrible ******* writing.

Reactions: sb
The fact that worthless *** Sam laid in the battlefield weeping like a washwoman all night and still survived is the biggest travesty from this episode

But y'all worried about S-rank assassin Arya landing a sneak attack on some glorified snow zombies

Only complaint I'm not agreeing with is the whole plot armor thing

Like someone said earlier, the writers, much like GRRM, have written themselves into a corner. The show built it's name off of being unpredictable. After a while, continuous attempts at trying to be unpredictable becomes predictable. Everyone dying in the battle like people wanting is predictable. Brionne or however you spell it definitely would've been killed by GRRM or based on how grimy **** was in earlier seasons. Especially after her being knighted in the previous episode. I agree that she definitely should've died. But again, I'm not too mad at that because it wouldn't have done nothing for me because we expected it. Sometimes it's best not trying so hard to be unpredictable. Also, remember the fact that it's gonna be a bittersweet ending, so being shocked that none of the Starks potentially not dying is setting yourself up for failure

The fact that worthless *** Sam laid in the battlefield weeping like a washwoman all night and still survived is the biggest travesty from this episode

But y'all worried about S-rank assassin Arya landing a sneak attack on some glorified snow zombies

That was terrible but I didn't think Sam was going to die in this episode. I also didn't think he would've been in the field either. Bad writing.

Tywin v Robb lasted 3 damn seasons. We cleaned up the White Walker war in an episode.

Except the conflict with the white walkers lasted much longer than Tywin vs. Robb. Tywin and Robb didn't even give us a major on screen battle like we got with Hardomme and Winterfell.

Except the conflict with the white walkers lasted much longer than Tywin vs. Robb. Tywin and Robb didn't even give us a major on screen battle like we got with Hardomme and Winterfell.

There wasn't a war tho. 99% didn't even believe in the dead til 7-7.
Was myths and fairy tales.

Back
Top Bottom