OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tdogg2k tdogg2k

I know you been on top of the mountain preaching this slippery slope since they ran out of book material. I could see the writing wasn’t on par but there were still great moments of dialogue in the show here and there and many great cinematic moments. This episode was egregiously bad on all levels. Moreso than any previous episode.
I get it man.
Btw i never said i hated every ep.

We know she can change faces because of magic but now we supposed to know she has a vince carter vertical or can glide through the air? In the fantasy genre we can accept stuff but you don’t accept everything just cuz.
Lol think that was his point

Sad that they got the NK out the paint so early, but I guess the only way for them to survive was to kill him. But the way that he just died like that was meh (Arya scene was dope though). Ideally, there should have been a scene where the white walkers went head to head with Tormund, Jaime, Brienne, Theon, Pod, etc. and have a couple major deaths. Jon would have a mini battle with the NK and be on the verge of death. Arya would come through chopping down a couple white walkers on her way to the NK, jump at him, get caught, drop the dagger, etc

jad0v3mw9av21.gif

Last edited:
Sad that they got the NK out the paint so early, but I guess the only way for them to survive was to kill him. But the way that he just died like that was meh (Arya scene was dope though). Ideally, there should have been a scene where the white walkers went head to head with Tormund, Jaime, Brienne, Theon, Pod, etc. and have a couple major deaths. Jon would have a mini battle with the NK and be on the verge of death. Arya would come through chopping down a couple white walkers on her way to the NK, jump at him, get caught, drop the dagger, etc
That sounds pretty generic.

We know she can change faces because of magic but now we supposed to know she has a vince carter vertical or can glide through the air? In the fantasy genre we can accept stuff but you don’t accept everything just cuz.

People are just being purposely dense . It doesn't ruin the episode but it's a little lazy.

Most of Your Criticisms are Dumb and Wrong. vol. 1. part a, section I.

Oh it sucked because Characters have plot Armor.

1. The idea that characters didn't have plot armor was a convincing illusion created by GRRM.

It was built on using the tropes of fantasy to convince you that certain characters were important when they actually weren't. That is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain and once we reached the endgame phase, we no longer have time for misdirection, no time to introduce new characters and pretended that they are important when they aren't

the characters that are needed in the ending do have to survive now.

2. Even if they did have plot armor I would argue that it only looks that way in retrospect,

during the entire episode, IT WAS NOT CLEAR who was going to live or die, when Brienne or Jamie or Sam were surrounded by wights you thought they were in REAL PERIL. The only reason you perceive it as plot armor NOW is because we only have 3 episodes left, if this happened in mid show you wouldn't have a problem.

did you call it plot armor the millions of times Johnny Snow came close to certain death during that past few seasons? The only reason we didn't see it as plot armor is because they could kill off a Oberyn, Ned, Robb, to mask that. but with the endgame in motion all the cards are on the table.

3. If the characters do have plot armor, do you think you can confidently pick who is going to live or die and in how long? I THINK NOT.

going forward, peril will still have stakes, because we are running out of time.

So really the only reason you are mad so many of our heroes survived is because of your OWN EXPECTATIONS, not some flaw in the storytelling.

4. Is a bunch of characters dying ignominiously under hordes of unleaded actually satisfying?

Like is that what you really wanted? would that have been a satisfying story arc close to Grey worm, Brienne, ect ect?
It actually would have been extremely lame, and would have reduced the show to a character death generator.

have them going out in against forces that we care about not hordes of nameless faceless undead. The writers made the correct decision.

2. hOw dID aRyA mAkE iT tO tHe nIgHt kInG!

Are y'all serious?? are y'all actually serious???

You guys are telling me WE WATCHED 3 GOD DAMN season of Arya going to ******* BRAVOS, train to become a MAGICAL GOD DANM NINJA ASSASSIN

and you have the AUDACITY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL to ASK .....HOW SHE DID IT??!!!!

??????

This criticism is no worth my time. :lol:

3. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NIGHT KING?

But what the **** about the night king?? The night king is. not. thanos.

he is a mute dude in a rubber costume, did you think he was going reveal his grand plan? His place in the cosmos, why? How, and with what time? Like do you really think it would be judicious use of storying telling minutes to focus on the god damn night king? are you crazy?

The night king was the least interesting villain on the show, was an existential threat to force the characters together.

his motivation? they told you his motivation. to kill all humans, why? because the children of the forces created him for that purpose. WHAT MORE info DO YOU NEED?

If you are mad about the lack of night king mythology be mad at GRRM, because the only place where you can do deep dive into his mythology of that type of character is IN A ******* NOVEL.

The writers were totally right to wipe that dude off the board and get back to the drama that the show is actually build on, and that is HUMAN conflict and HUMAN drama. you should have known we weren't getting deep into the fantasy stuff when they sidelined bran for a whole season.

Most of Your Criticisms are Dumb and Wrong. vol. 1. part a, section I.

Oh it sucked because Characters have plot Armor.

1. The idea that characters didn't have plot armor was a convincing illusion created by GRRM.

It was built on using the tropes of fantasy to convince you that certain characters were important when they actually weren't. That is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain and once we reached the endgame phase, we no longer have time for misdirection, no time to introduce new characters and pretended that they are important when they aren't

the characters that are needed in the ending do have to survive now.

2. Even if they did have plot armor I would argue that it only looks that way in retrospect,

during the entire episode, IT WAS NOT CLEAR who was going to live or die, when Brienne or Jamie or Sam were surrounded by wights you thought they were in REAL PERIL. The only reason you perceive it as plot armor NOW is because we only have 3 episodes left, if this happened in mid show you wouldn't have a problem.

did you call it plot armor the millions of times Johnny Snow came close to certain death during that past few seasons? The only reason we didn't see it as plot armor is because they could kill off a Oberyn, Ned, Robb, to mask that. but with the endgame in motion all the cards are on the table.

3. If the characters do have plot armor, do you think you can confidently pick who is going to live or die and in how long? I THINK NOT.

going forward, peril will still have stakes, because we are running out of time.

So really the only reason you are mad so many of our heroes survived is because of your OWN EXPECTATIONS, not some flaw in the storytelling.

4. Is a bunch of characters dying ignominiously under hordes of unleaded actually satisfying?

Like is that what you really wanted? would that have been a satisfying story arc close to Grey worm, Brienne, ect ect?
It actually would have been extremely lame, and would have reduced the show to a character death generator.

have them going out in against forces that we care about not hordes of nameless faceless undead. The writers made the correct decision.

2. hOw dID aRyA mAkE iT tO tHe nIgHt kInG!

Are y'all serious?? are y'all actually serious???

You guys are telling me WE WATCHED 3 GOD DAMN season of Arya going to ****ing BRAVOS, train to become a MAGICAL GOD DANM NINJA ASSASSIN

and you have the AUDACITY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL to ASK .....HOW SHE DID IT??!!!!

??????

This criticism is no worth my time. :lol:

3. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NIGHT KING?

But what the **** about the night king?? The night king is. not. thanos.

he is a mute dude in a rubber costume, did you think he was going reveal his grand plan? His place in the cosmos, why? How, and with what time? Like do you really think it would be judicious use of storying telling minutes to focus on the god damn night king? are you crazy?

The night king was the least interesting villain on the show, was an existential threat to force the characters together.

his motivation? they told you his motivation. to kill all humans, why? because the children of the forces created him for that purpose. WHAT MORE info DO YOU NEED?

If you are mad about the lack of night king mythology be mad at GRRM, because the only place where you can do deep dive into his mythology of that type of character is IN A ****ING NOVEL.

The writers were totally right to wipe that dude off the board and get back to the drama that the show is actually build on, and that is HUMAN conflict and HUMAN drama. you should have known we weren't getting deep into the fantasy stuff when they sidelined bran for a whole season.

Could’ve saved some time and wrote your opinions suck.

People are just being purposely dense . It doesn't ruin the episode but it's a little lazy.
Folks believe just because this is fantasy & magic is involved we just to have throw all logic completely out the window & ignore certain precedents established by the show itself.

Take Jaime for example,I know he had to survive this because his fate lies elsewhere but you mean to tell me Jaime who has struggled for seasons with even 1v1 combat since losing his fighting hand is out here on the front lines eating wight bites like Scooby snacks.
3199054E-B55D-46B8-871E-71FE69C2FF8C.png

Now we're supposed to be mad at GRRM for how the writers treated the NK when the shows current material is not even based in the books :lol:

arya cool with the swords and al
but she aint no damn sneaky assassin
like yall tryna make her be
writing so damn trash
and whoever backing this up is trash too

If nk and his generals showed up wearing cargo shorts, people really expect us not to question it? “But anything is possible in this show”. Nah.

Folks believe just because this is fantasy & magic is involved we just to have throw all logic completely out the window & ignore certain precedents established by the show itself.

Take Jaime for example,I know he had to survive this because his fate lies elsewhere but you mean to tell me Jaime who has struggled for seasons with even 1v1 combat since losing his fighting hand is out here on the front lines eating wight bites like Scooby snacks.
3199054E-B55D-46B8-871E-71FE69C2FF8C.png

my dude went 1v1 with a dragon and survived and fell into a lake wearing 100 pounds of armor.

guys surviving impossible circumstances is par for the course, you just mad because you EXPECTED a bigger body count, thats on you my dude.

writing so damn trash
This is easily the most baffling, it's as if you didn't watch the show.

people are shocked the magic assassin suck up on some people. crazy!

it so dumb it makes me think it's fuled by something else given the bizzare *** #metoo comment. :lol:

writing so damn trash

I thought that's exactly what she was...

She probably could have donned a WW face and just wall up on him and stabbed.

Back
Top Bottom