OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only reason Dothraki got their swords lit up was for the visual gag of their flames getting snuffed out :lol:

Writers said they did that to give the viewers hope.

It gave me hope.

Then seeing the flames go out so quickly was a quick reminder that this undead army isn’t weak bruh. They needed to make this episode into an emotional roller coaster.. and they did.

Winterfell literally was going to get washed had the NK not been killed.

Would you rather him have died in dragon fire when Dany was lighting him up?

1 on 1 with Jon?

Bran warging into Theon and actually stabbing him with that staff?

How else would it have gone down except something that he didn’t see coming?

Exactly. It's an unwinnable battle head to head. There was no possible way for the humans to win. They had to suprise the NK or draw him in some wsy. What kind of ending did people expect? Everyone saw a one on one battle with Jon Snow coming, people would complain about that too

There's nothing that could please some people.

:rofl:

He came thru like a big bad *** then got murked by a sneaky teenager. I think when she plunged the knife they should've done a little more to play up the moment and make it last or something. She just stuck him and he dropped boom.
bruh his squad
if u think about it low-key trash
only way they win is with numbers
think about it
the generals stay getting marked 1 on 1
then they let arya sneak past ALL of them
dude felt his hair move
turned around
and aint aye night king
we got a girl tryna run up
NOTHING
and u mean to tell me
the nk could spear a dragon from like a mile or 2 away
but when dany was that close he missed :smh:
trash

Some of you guys are copping mad pleas for this episode.

I enjoyed it but it was not without it’s flaws.

Also idc what anyone says, Jon should have been the one to end the NK. That was his fight. I’m not just saying that because he’s my boy but because they’ve literally been pushing that narrative for seasons.

Then in the inside the episode their reasoning for him NOT being the one to do it is basically he’s already done too much hero ****. :stoneface:

the dothraki arc takes a huge hit.

these cats really sent thousands of dothrakis which just got wild fire, in the dark, against the army of the dead? why. let them approach. wait them out. see if some daylight comes through. trash writing.

"no one beats the Dothraki in an open field battle"

They really were banking on their strengths and it just backfired tremendously

Jon's going to get murked, Dany's going to have a son with black hair and violet eyes named Eddard Targaryen, and he's going to ride Ghost into the sunset.

First off, I loved the ep for what it was. Of course. Love the show. But God damn.......what the **** are they tryna sell us?

Dothraki went out in 8 seconds. Flaming swords and all. But Jorah and Ghost come back no prob. :stoneface:

Winterfell is getting ****ed in the ***, TONS of these dead folk, one armed Jamie is surrounded by them, SURROUNDED. He ok tho. :stoneface:

Brianne a bad ***, mauler, she surrounded by the dead. She cool doe. :stoneface:

Greyworm on the front God damn line, PRESSED against these dead ****s, bodies by the hundreds, but yep, his dickless self still breathin. :stoneface:

Jon wants that smoke with the NK. Sneakin up and ****. Nope, NK got somethin for his ***, a whole new squad, fresh dead, arise. SURROUNDING this dude. He out here lonely. 1 friggin dude. Still alive. :stoneface:

Dany off her dragon, on the field of play, surrounded. You guessed it. Braids ain't eem messed up. :stoneface:

Sam. ************ I said SAM, is still breathing. Dude looked like the new preview with the fat chick and Anne Hathaway where she hides in her black dress lookin like a curbside trash bag. :stoneface:

For ****s sakes. Hound straight up froze and he ain't dead. Surrounded by these dead.

Then we go on a walk thru the halls.......why? I don't know. There are hundreds of thousands of dead spilling into your gates, but we sneakin thru the halls quietly like a James Bond movie. :stoneface:

Arya cleared the top of the castle whipin her stick every direction. But once she got in the library with 6-7 quiet dead ones, she didn't want no part of them. :stoneface:

They did my man Night King like Anakin man. Anakin got a whole trilogy and all he did was kill some kids and get washed by the only God damn Jedi he faced. NK looked up at the dragon, smelled the fire, and smiled at this *****. He smiled man. He ****in smiled. You can't kill this dude. So he stroll up on the cripple, hair blowin in the wind, and here comes Theon, fresh from his John Wick days, can't miss with that arrow. Takin all the wights out. Then Bran tells him he's a good dude. But c'mon, it's over. We got 500+ dead over here, handful of Generals, and the Night King. I know, let me run this hundred yard dash real quick, maybe they'll be asleep by the time I get there. What the actual **** were you doing Theon? What was the plan here? God damn that was stupid. 10 feet? Sure, shoot your shot. Dude wasn't even in the picture I have a 65 inch screen and Theon lookin like Rich Eisen running the 40 yard dash on the NFL network. ****

What did we have last ep? 50ish Generals/White Walkers? Their body count? 0. Gendry got more *** that night than the White Walkers killed somebody. What. The. ****. HBO?

A little girl gets DEMOLISHED by a Giant. Not a Hound, not a Mountain, not a man. A Giant. But she gon survive that, charge, and while being crushed to death, stab a fellow in the eye? :stoneface:

Who wrote this ****?

THEY ALL LIVED. Completely surrounded, outnumbered, out everything, every single one of the main characters came back. Yeah, we killed a couple nobodies to the story, but the rest are all fine. Are you ****ing serious? Lord Friendzone was the best you could do? He was supposed to be dead 5 times already, that wasn't doin anything for us.

NK showed up, managed the whole war flawlessly, fought exactly no one, didn't have a single white walker lift a finger, all so he could kill birdman, and somehow, out of absolutely no where, with 500+ dead, and I don't know how many Generals standing guard, Arya got close enough to JUMP at him. Not shoot him from long range, but full on within feet of NK, while everyone else was on break???? Asleep? Reading the next script? The move was cool. Drop the dagger, stab the same spot that created him, aiight, that was cool, I get that, but out in the open, out of absolutely nowhere?

In fact, she's in the hall with Hound and Red Witch, she just took a leisurely stroll out to the tree without any interference at all?

What a mess. The dragons live. The damn wolf lived. Every main character lived. But the army of the dead that was completely washing that castle somehow died. The writers of this script couldn't be bothered to send a single White Walker after Greyworm? Hound? Arya? Jon? Jamie? Brianne? We didn't want to waste that time? We could show Bran warging some ravens around, but not show any generals put in work on one of the truly main characters? **** man.

HBO just had Mantis stroll up and clap Thanos and let all the Avengers go home but managed to kill Happy and Coulson. :smh:

Calling it now.

Next epi- “we won!” / “what now? Let’s march to KL”

Second to last epi- battle of KL, some major characters die, CLEGANE BOWL, Dany / Jon win, cliff hanger of Dany turning on Jon for the throne despite him being rightful king

last episode - Jon washes Dany and Drogon, him and Rhaegon sit on iron throne and decide to build a better future for the kingdoms. Bran alive. Samwell alive, hand to the king. Arya goes to Winterfell to rule the north and rebuild the north. (Sansa dies in epi prior)

Did y’all watch the behind the scenes after the episode?

D&D keep talking bout how they had to take breaks in the action because they were afraid it would get dull or monotonous

giphy.gif

Get these hacks out of my face
To think it was being hyped like it could match up to anything LotR produced.

I know it was due to budget constraints but still would've loved to see Giant Ice Spiders and more than 1 Wight Giant and Wight Mammoths and wight snow bears

NK really got no hands

Samwell Tarly got the strongest plot armor of all

Back
Top Bottom