Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Yea...Kanye still means something because the amount of people who apparently had never heard "If Young Metro don't trust ya..." was kind of startling to me. Like...that tag seemed to take off in popularity after TLOP. It was super weird to me. But it's a different reach, I suppose.

Bout to see the boy Fewtch tomorrow at the HOB. Show bout to be Lit[emoji]128293[/emoji]

Enjoy famb :smokin [emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]9748[/emoji]️

Last edited:
No matter what the ranking is, all the tapes are quality music to me. How do yall feel future's run measures to Wayne's at this point, or is it too soon?

No matter what the ranking is, all the tapes are quality music to me. How do yall feel future's run measures to Wayne's at this point, or is it too soon?

Surpasses Wayne's because the quality is superior and more refined imo. Better production, better chemistry, better focus. Wayne's got him on popularity though.

Obviously completely different eras.

It's better...
He's dropping projects full of new, original material...

Wayne was very overrated to me especially when the jayz comparisons started but don't y'all dare say futures run is on par with Wayne's :lol: just stop

Wayne was very overrated to me especially when the jayz comparisons started but don't y'all dare say futures run is on par with Wayne's :lol: just stop

Some of yall need to start actually articulating responses when you have a differing opinion. :lol:

Future's music is better *shrug*

If the metric is quality of music it's Future hands down for me. If it's buzz, popularity and influence it's Wayne.

Context is also a huge factor. I've never seen anybody in music do what Future's done in 18 months. At the time Wayne was also smashing precedents so he gets a [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji] there too.

Last edited:
Idk mane. Wayne from 04-07 was pretty insane.

SQ Tapes
Prefix
Suffix
Dedication 1
Tha Carter
Dedication 2
Tha Carter 2
W. Carter Collections
Lil Weezyana
Drought 3
Like Father like son (Tape)

Future's run is more condensed and more refined because he's dropping original quality projects in a short time span. But Wayne had a 3-4 year stretch where everything he dropped was great...Including 2 Classic albums. (C1 & C2) and some classic mixtapes..as well as huge features.

I'd day Wayne's run...but what Future is doing is special...and hasn't been done like this.

What is it that futures doing that hasn't been done before?

Dropping this much quality months at a time. Monster came out damn near November/Beast Mode in January/56 Nights in March/ Ds2 in July.

That's 4 critically acclaimed bodies of work every 2 months. Can't think of anyone else that has put out that much quality...that quickly, except maybe DMX in '98-'99.

Idk mane. Wayne from 04-07 was pretty insane.

SQ Tapes
Prefix
Suffix
Dedication 1
Tha Carter
Dedication 2
Tha Carter 2
W. Carter Collections
Lil Weezyana
Drought 3
Like Father like son (Tape)

Future's run is more condensed and more refined because he's dropping original quality projects in a short time span. But Wayne had a 3-4 year stretch where everything he dropped was great...Including 2 Classic albums. (C1 & C2) and some classic mixtapes..as well as huge features.

I'd day Wayne's run...but what Future is doing is special...and hasn't been done like this.

Yea it's hard to compare, that was the mixtape era and to me prime Wayne defines. It's not really fair to judge quality then in some aspects. I've said for the last five years a lot of the "mixtape" projects today are tapes in name only.

Like I said my initial answer was based on quality of music which in hindsight probably isn't fair.

Wayne was a dominant force, Future hasn't reached that level of infleunc.

Last edited:
What is it that futures doing that hasn't been done before?
I think it is the combination of Mixtapes and Albums that are consistently dropping and they all have a serious amount of quality and replay value. That much solid work flooding the streets at that elite level is unheard of...

Dropping this much quality months at a time. Monster came out damn near November/Beast Mode in January/56 Nights in March/ Ds2 in July.

That's 4 critically acclaimed bodies of work every 2 months. Can't think of anyone else that has put out that much quality...that quickly, except maybe DMX in '98-'99.
Beat me to it. :lol:

Are you serious man? :lol:

I'm dead *** serious, beast mode and 56 nights had like 8 songs on them, I been messin with future from the get go but I'm not gon sit here and act like dude doing something that hasn't been done before. That's almost as bad as the dude who said future has more flows than jayz.

Future fans are becoming like Kanye fans now

Man forgot the quality of music. The list of rappers/artist/musicians in the history of music who dropped 7 complete bodies of original work in 18 months is a short one. I can't believe that has to be spelled out.

Last edited:
Wayne def had a great run over the years. What Fewtch is doing is on another level due to quality music in such a short time span. If he keeps it up, he will most def surpass a lot of our so called favorite rappers today! Remember, numbers don't lie!

Last edited:
I'm dead *** serious, beast mode and 56 nights had like 8 songs on them, I been messin with future from the get go but I'm not gon sit here and act like dude doing something that hasn't been done before. That's almost as bad as the dude who said future has more flows than jayz.

I'd rather have 8-10 great songs that are cohesive in one body of work...than 18 songs with some filler. That's the old model. Not comparaing 56 nights to Illmatic.....but arguably the greatest album in the history of this genre has 10 songs on it.

Nothing wrong with having 8-10 great ORIGINAL songs on an album man. That doesn't take away from the project.

Quality >>>

Last edited:
Are you serious man? :lol:

You can act how ever you want man it nas no influence on reality. :lol:

Who cares if BM is 8 tracks. :rofl:

Name a contemporary artist any genre
who's dropped 7 projects (minimum length 5 tracks) of original music in 18 months.

Name a artist who original song count in 18 month span is greater.

I'll wait. :lol:

Man forgot the quality of music. The list of rappers/artist/musicians in the history of music who dropped 7 complete bodies of original work in 18 months is a short one. I can't believe that has to be spelled out.

You feel me. That's lost on son. I'm not even trying to gas it...but it really hasn't been done like this.

****** be having amnesia. You really comparing Future to Wayne?

Off the top of my head I'm just thinking about the Demolition 1,2 Freestyle ft. Gudda

No other off Dedication 2

BM JR off the Carter 1 :wow: :wow:

Y'all need to chill fam. Wayne was out of this universe.

Y'all talking about Future clones, Wayne has great grandkids in the rap game.

Last edited:
I don't really mess with him like that so I could be off but at one point wasn't lil b dropping a mixtape every month? You can argue quality but it seemed like he was giving his fans what they wanted

And speaking of wayne...run up off purple reign reminds me of this track

[Video]

That's why I mess with pr so tough. It has this throwback vibe and it seems like he was influenced by other southern artists on a couple tracks[/Video]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom