Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Purple Reign and EVOL are definitely in line with the previous tapes and DS2, but EVOL was the first to me out of all those that had easily identifiable filler. That's a reason I think it should start giving Nard & B and DJ Spinz more looks. Not saying to eliminate Southside/Metro Boomin, but just vary it up a bit. All those tapes/albums are still quality though, WATTBA included, and I'll still be anticipating the next.

What feels like filler to you on EVOL?

Only one I can think of maybe is Photo Copied. For me EVOL might be the most consistent front to back out the whole run.

Definitely Photocopied, and Program sort of. And Maybach I just don't mess with much.

Yea I feel you on Photo Copied. Damn though Maybank is F_ Up Some Commas type hard to me. Program took me a while to grow into but that **** goes in the club. Now I catch myself randomly saying the hook. :lol:

Dipset gon dipset

I decided a long time ago dude was bot. Simply because there's no humanly possible way dude could be as dense and illogical as he's been illustrating in the music forum for years now... so yeah, pretty sure it's just a robot Meth currently has in the testing stages.

sabu.png
sabu.png

How I miss this

I always have a hard time understanding people that use that sort of rhetoric.

There will never be another March Madness. Well of course not. No one is expecting a March Madness part 2. But to hold everything up to the standard of "_____ is not better than _____" does nothing more than take away from your ability to enjoy the new material that's being put out. There will never be another March Madness... Okay... That means Fly **** Only shouldn't get the credit it deserves in its own right?

It's like Jay Z saying "****** want my old ****... Buy my old albums".

If you can't appreciate the art this man is creating at a rate that has never been seen before, pop back in 56 nights and put March Madness on repeat.
I'm not discrediting him and his art, he's one of, if not the hardest workers out there content wise rapping right now. I'm simply giving my opinion on the quality of his pieces.

First off, your right with what your saying about comparisons. You misunderstood me i should have said march madness era and thats my fault. i was using it more as a general term to describe that time when he had 4/5 singles in the club in rotation every night from those few projects (Stopping around ds2).. The streets were going crazy! I'm not a drake fan, but this WATTBA was a good look for both of them, but sounded like ds2 leftovers except maybe jumpman n diamonds maybe 1 or 2 others.. but still today they are spinning where ya at (ds2) on radio!!! Purple reign was a rush drop, sonics were so/so, didn't have one hit record on the track list. If you ask me my opinion.. his flow is off and his content sounds too wordy. Evol even worse. Only quality record on there is low life and it sounds like a weekend record featuring future. Im not Knockng him.. just saying he needs to re-arrange the way he's moving because he will play himself out at this rate 

everybody hates on photo copied but it's still my favorite on there so far

are y'all listening in the car?

DS2
What a Time
56 Nights
Honest
Purple Reign
Evol
Monster
Beast Mode
Pluto
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just got EVOL today, so I'll spin it a few times soon.

When I get an updated list, Beast Mode will be near the bottom for sure.

56 Nights. 
smokin.gif

Is this an official 7-peat??

Last edited:
Evol bang in the whip , now I see why it's horrible to have ppl rate an album within the first week

The problem with coming out with so much music so fast is that people are taking it for granted. He *is* going to need to slow down for something to catch. He's not even working these albums/tapes anymore. He kinda created the "what's next?" attitude that people have.

It's fun to be a fan of his, but the pacing doesn't lend itself to people falling in love with a project because they can't really sit with it before a new one is coming. And he's (or the producers have) teased things coming in the future. We're looking for part 2s of tapes and Ape ****. Future is kinda treating his music like it's disposable.

I do see *some* advantage of what he's doing. Just seems like a weird strategy.

Yea, he kind of spoiled us into expecting more and better as time goes on

Last edited:
I can agree with the pacing being done too hurriedly at this point only because he still has songs from past projects getting spins on the radio and the new ones haven't even made their way there yet. ****, no one really had time to digest Purple Reign. I'm interested in seeing how he ties it all together, and have full faith that he can pull it off. That deal with Apple Music doesn't hurt any as far as providing an addition platform.

You guys saying that because EVOL ain't poppin. It's decent. It feels rushed and some songs sound overproduced. Though I like Haiti Baby, it shoulda been an anthem.

It doesn't sound cohesive at all. It sounds like songs thrown together, doesn't have a vibe/theme like his other projects.

I know the sound and tone I'm getting from WATTBA, DS2, Purple and 56 even Monster and Pluto etc..

Last edited:
I always have a hard time understanding people that use that sort of rhetoric.

There will never be another March Madness. Well of course not. No one is expecting a March Madness part 2. But to hold everything up to the standard of "_____ is not better than _____" does nothing more than take away from your ability to enjoy the new material that's being put out. There will never be another March Madness... Okay... That means Fly **** Only shouldn't get the credit it deserves in its own right?

It's like Jay Z saying "****** want my old ****... Buy my old albums".

If you can't appreciate the art this man is creating at a rate that has never been seen before, pop back in 56 nights and put March Madness on repeat.

Well said homie. Props!

You guys saying that because EVOL ain't poppin. It's decent. It feels rushed and some songs sound overproduced. Though I like Haiti Baby, it shoulda been an anthem.

It doesn't sound cohesive at all. It sounds like songs thrown together, doesn't have a vibe/theme like his other projects.

I know the sound and tone I'm getting from WATTBA, DS2, Purple and 56 even Monster and Pluto etc..
This is too true... At this point we all know that he is capable of flooding us but its time he slows down and ups the quality and cohesiveness of his projects. 

Back
Top Bottom