Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Pretty good article here about Future's run in 2015. http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/future-artist-of-the-year-2015-essay

Love the part where they talk about how Future is miscast by some as solely a turnup artist with no substance...or simply an auto tune mumble rapper.

Those who claim to be the intellects, forward thinking progressive types in hip hop, can't look beyond the surface level with Future. It's funny how they've locked in their minds that he's a certain type of artist, and refuse to look further than that.

Excerpt in the spoiler below:

"Nonetheless, it's also been a year in which Future's music has continued to be misunderstood. He has remained an underdog of sorts, battling perceptions that his music is somehow shallow or just good for turning up. In hip-hop's never-ending push-and-pull debate between meaningless party music and music of substance, he's been cast, even by people who enjoy his music, as the latest alternative to ostensibly more thoughtful artists like J. Cole, Lupe Fiasco, and Kendrick Lamar. But the reason why this is Future's year is that his music has fully escaped that pigeonholing and hit a point where it consistently functions on multiple levels at once. One of the standout lines in the hook of “March Madness,” presumably the type of party song people think of when they reference Future that way, directly addresses one of the year's most discussed social and political issues: “all these cops shooting ****** tragic.” Yes, Future is getting people in the club to sing along to a line about police violence in 2015—not so unlke his supposed opposite Kendrick Lamar. And what is more honest than balancing politics and partying in the span of a few thoughts? We don't go through life choosing one or the other.

Future's music increasingly has come to hit these multiple registers in the same song, which means that even if it's not always as openly political as some of his peers', it has a deep impact. And there are obvious social critiques baked into it. On one very direct level, much of Future's music discusses self-medicating to handle emotional pain and, especially, the psychological toll of poverty, an issue that doesn't get much play in other forms of media. There's a reason Future sounds so jarring next to Drake, a guy who also makes emotionally open club hits: It speaks to a certain experience and perspective to rap “When I was sleeping on the floor you should have seen how they treat me / I pour the Actavis and pop pills so I can fight the demons.” That, too, is not so different from Kendrick Lamar, and, like Kendrick, who should be seen as a peer rather than an adversary, Future has demonstrated an ability to make those feelings resonate on a more universal level. Who hasn't felt lonely or overcome with grief or faced with emotions so daunting they've chosen to run away from them?[ /SPOILER ]

Tour not coming to Seattle for obvious reasons smh.

Incredibly lame.
whats the reason 
nerd.gif

so hes scared to go to seattle because of some football player but this guy is supposed to be gods gift to street cats? 
indifferent.gif

i wonder how future feels when he sings monster to himself like "**** all the rules rather **** your baby mama" 

in all seriousness though this dude is the king of the streets nowadays , im sure he has the hoods in seattle on lock ? 

I'm sure he has support but probably not enough to make that particular city profitable or worth it. #FutureHive always taking shots at RW and he a hero to that city lol

I'm sure he has support but probably not enough to make that particular city profitable or worth it. #FutureHive always taking shots at RW and he a hero to that city lol
Sigh, guess it's just not worth the potential risk to him. Obviously not on that level, but it would be like if him and Lebron were exchanging shots and he was tryna do a show in Cleveland. They would probably be chanting Lebron name the entire time.

Still disappointed. If Future wanted to send a message foreal, dude should've came thru and turned out the city. Respect would've been earned.

He probably don't want these hands from Russ.
not srs

Last edited:
I didn't think it was that real between Future and Russell that he won't perform in Seattle. People in Seattle taking it that serious?

Pretty good article here about Future's run in 2015. http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/future-artist-of-the-year-2015-essay

Love the part where they talk about how Future is miscast by some as solely a turnup artist with no substance...or simply an auto tune mumble rapper.

Those who claim to be the intellects, forward thinking progressive types in hip hop, can't look beyond the surface level with Future. It's funny how they've locked in their minds that he's a certain type of artist, and refuse to look further than that.

Excerpt in the spoiler below:

"Nonetheless, it's also been a year in which Future's music has continued to be misunderstood. He has remained an underdog of sorts, battling perceptions that his music is somehow shallow or just good for turning up. In hip-hop's never-ending push-and-pull debate between meaningless party music and music of substance, he's been cast, even by people who enjoy his music, as the latest alternative to ostensibly more thoughtful artists like J. Cole, Lupe Fiasco, and Kendrick Lamar. But the reason why this is Future's year is that his music has fully escaped that pigeonholing and hit a point where it consistently functions on multiple levels at once. One of the standout lines in the hook of “March Madness,” presumably the type of party song people think of when they reference Future that way, directly addresses one of the year's most discussed social and political issues: “all these cops shooting ****** tragic.” Yes, Future is getting people in the club to sing along to a line about police violence in 2015—not so unlke his supposed opposite Kendrick Lamar. And what is more honest than balancing politics and partying in the span of a few thoughts? We don't go through life choosing one or the other.

Future's music increasingly has come to hit these multiple registers in the same song, which means that even if it's not always as openly political as some of his peers', it has a deep impact. And there are obvious social critiques baked into it. On one very direct level, much of Future's music discusses self-medicating to handle emotional pain and, especially, the psychological toll of poverty, an issue that doesn't get much play in other forms of media. There's a reason Future sounds so jarring next to Drake, a guy who also makes emotionally open club hits: It speaks to a certain experience and perspective to rap “When I was sleeping on the floor you should have seen how they treat me / I pour the Actavis and pop pills so I can fight the demons.” That, too, is not so different from Kendrick Lamar, and, like Kendrick, who should be seen as a peer rather than an adversary, Future has demonstrated an ability to make those feelings resonate on a more universal level. Who hasn't felt lonely or overcome with grief or faced with emotions so daunting they've chosen to run away from them?[ /SPOILER ]
At the end of the day, the music isn't made for them. If they sleep it really is their loss.

If those people go as far as to judge, pigeonhole and stereotype, **** em.

Last edited:
Crazy thing is, every person that I've asked to actually listen to one of the tapes has come around and seen that dude is great at what he does. It's ill to see how people just write him off as the "auto tune/mumbling" cat. But it is what it is. Music's subjective already, so whatever. Can't win em all. I'm just ready for this tour and hopefully a new tape. :smokin

Hope Ty and Fewtch get in the studio this, Blase was underwhelming but Dolla Signs be rocking the melodies

Back
Top Bottom