OFFICIAL FIRE DON NELSON THREAD

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Wow

SMH @ Warriors fans
eyes.gif
smh.gif

You guys want to fire a coach who took 2 different era Warrior teams into the playoffs and got you guys out of the 1st round each time
eyes.gif

Your guys franchise didnt even make the playoffs for 13 years before last season.

Not all Warrior fans think alike
wink.gif

I swear some of you guys think its as simple as subbing in NBA Live.

We don't have a deep bench. Wright ISN'T going to get in, because he can't hit threes. How many times has Croshere been subbed in for anyhtingother than needing a shooter on the court?

Did you ever think our personnel just isn't that great? Like I've said before, and in other posts, Barnes blowing donkey B for 3/4th of the seasonreally hurt us. He's never really been that spark plug off the bench that we need, especially as a captain. Harrington can't put together two goodgames in a row. Biedrins is still young, so he's going to fluctuate on a nightly basis. He's definetely got potential and we surely should lock him uplong term, but right now its obvious he's doesn't quite know how to match up with certain centers and power forwards.

I love stephen jackson, but sometimes he kills us with shot selection. Like Nellie, you live by that way, you die by that way.

The issue at hand is, the Warriors have lost to teams that they should've beat. Bulls? Bobcats (please don't have that troll mentoin JRich.. Enjoy hiscontract and wow he was really solid in the playoffs for us, wasnt he??)? We should've taken care of those teams and not have it come down to a tie and biggames with Dallas. We should've controlled our destiny to begin with. Remember, Nellie can't shoot the ball for us. Some night we'll hit, some wewon't. That's ALWAYS going to happen in this style offense.

Having Nellie sign Moncreif certainly helped our free throw shooting, didn't it?
Who in their right mind would've thought how utterly ridiculous the west was going to be this year? We know its competitive, but like THIS?

It kills me to watch this team stand around, go one on one, or with a lead completely forget how to hold onto it and make good decisions. That isn'tNellie's fault as much as it is the players on the court. Baron should lead. Monta should know. Etc.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

I watched POB play in college, and all the time he played in the league, so from what Ive seen I wasnt impressed at all. I was pissed when they drafted him, so unless he's been absolutely KILLIN in practice, pickup games, etc, I doubt his skill level has dramatically increased. If Nellie sees any improvement from POB, I'm sure he wouldve got at least SOME burn. This guy is seriously the last man on the roster, and you thinking he couldve made a difference this year is absurd.

yeah, i was upset with that pick too. i mean, we did (and still do) need a solid big, but when foye/roy were gone, the only other person i really liked wasfarmar, but i guess nobody thought he was worthy a pick that high. i wanted a guard to back up baron and so i wanted foye, then roy, then farmar, but since weneeded a big, they chose pob
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I swear some of you guys think its as simple as subbing in NBA Live.

We don't have a deep bench. Wright ISN'T going to get in, because he can't hit threes. How many times has Croshere been subbed in for anyhting other than needing a shooter on the court?

Did you ever think our personnel just isn't that great? Like I've said before, and in other posts, Barnes blowing donkey B for 3/4th of the season really hurt us. He's never really been that spark plug off the bench that we need, especially as a captain. Harrington can't put together two good games in a row. Biedrins is still young, so he's going to fluctuate on a nightly basis. He's definetely got potential and we surely should lock him up long term, but right now its obvious he's doesn't quite know how to match up with certain centers and power forwards.

I love stephen jackson, but sometimes he kills us with shot selection. Like Nellie, you live by that way, you die by that way.

The issue at hand is, the Warriors have lost to teams that they should've beat. Bulls? Bobcats (please don't have that troll mentoin JRich.. Enjoy his contract and wow he was really solid in the playoffs for us, wasnt he??)? We should've taken care of those teams and not have it come down to a tie and big games with Dallas. We should've controlled our destiny to begin with. Remember, Nellie can't shoot the ball for us. Some night we'll hit, some we won't. That's ALWAYS going to happen in this style offense.

Having Nellie sign Moncreif certainly helped our free throw shooting, didn't it?
Who in their right mind would've thought how utterly ridiculous the west was going to be this year? We know its competitive, but like THIS?

It kills me to watch this team stand around, go one on one, or with a lead completely forget how to hold onto it and make good decisions. That isn't Nellie's fault as much as it is the players on the court. Baron should lead. Monta should know. Etc.

SO...you're saying we should make a trade?

Lol at these upset Warrior fans
roll.gif
. This team was never a playoff contender team in the first place.

This is one of those threads where I feel I really can't comment.

I mean yeah don got this team to the playoffs but his style of play won't win a chip IMO. I don't watch every GS game so I can't make a call to sayif he should be fired or not.

Most nuggets fans want karl fired but will it happen? What happens if the next coach doesn't do as good a job?

Well I think a lot of us counted on shipping Pietrus out.

That didn't happen, and it was probably for the better given where we're at and what we need.

We still have that trade exception (correct me if I'm wrong) and we'll have some money. We need a banger, like a Milsap type, which can be drafted ortaken from a team that won't cost us as much.

I don't know what'll fix this team, but depth is extremely important. Who would've thought we'd be looking at the outside in when Barron hasplayed in all the games thus far?

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

roll.gif
Get outta here with that. You know nothing about basketball if you think having 45 wins with 7 to play is not considered a playoff team. Also,don't judge all Warriors fans from the the few imbeciles that already quit on the team.

roll.gif

we have 45 wins. Does that not say anything?
laugh.gif
at this guy, what ajoke, your credibility of basketball is gone.

roll.gif
Not a playoff contender? Get the %!%* out of here with that. I respect Don Nelson and everything he has done for this organization but he will not getus over the top. If he was willing to play Wright and make a few more changes, IMO he is the best coach for us, but I don't think he will do that. I justthink some assistant coach or someone else needs to step in and let him know that we have to change our lineup a bit. IMO Nellie will get the most out of guyslike Baron and Jack but he has to be willing to change a little bit. If we get another coach, he better be able to get Baron to play the way he does forNellie. Also, who can we get as a coach that can fit this team? IMO there is no one out there that will let Jack play the way he wants and let this team runthe way they do. If we get a new coach, we are going to have to make some roster changes.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Well I think a lot of us counted on shipping Pietrus out.

That didn't happen, and it was probably for the better given where we're at and what we need.

We still have that trade exception (correct me if I'm wrong) and we'll have some money. We need a banger, like a Milsap type, which can be drafted or taken from a team that won't cost us as much.

I don't know what'll fix this team, but depth is extremely important. Who would've thought we'd be looking at the outside in when Barron has played in all the games thus far?

I think W's will let Barnes & Pietrus walk, and try to keep Buike with that money. Sign Monta, and possibly Bietrus. I know Baron wants big money aswell after playing a full season. Should be a very interesting off season to say the least, BUT the season is NOT over, so I dont really want to start talkingabout offseason moves until its clear, its really the offseason.

Barnes' value is probably less than buike's right now. Honestly, happy trails Pietrus, but I wouldn't mind giving Barnes a shot again, I mean weknow why he's been horrible and rightfully so.

I'd imagine its a gurantee that Monta and Biendrins will be locked up long term, but I still think we'll have some $.

putting don on blast.
smh.gif
nellie made the team like 10+ wins better. shoot bein a warrior fan, ive seen many losing seasons. shoot, he made a lotta progress,even if we don't make the playoffs (i hope we still do. i believe!)

For the personnel we have, I think he is doing a fine job. The problem today shouldn't focus on his rotations or his use of personnel. This loss fallsdirectly on his personnel's shoulders. It didn't look like anyone outside of Baron, Monta, and Buike cared about this game. I've never seen a worsedefensive performance from this generation of W's, watching the Mavs push on us every time down the court first half was just embarrassing.

But like I said, with the personnel we have, he's doing a fine job. I'm a firm believer than the 04-05 Suns could have went all the way if Joe Johnsondidn't go down with that injury...would you have that team play traditional at any point? We live by that particular play style, and die by that style. Ordid you guys want Montgomery back?

Originally Posted by ikari XD

For the personnel we have, I think he is doing a fine job. The problem today shouldn't focus on his rotations or his use of personnel. This loss falls directly on his personnel's shoulders. It didn't look like anyone outside of Baron, Monta, and Buike cared about this game. I've never seen a worse defensive performance from this generation of W's, watching the Mavs push on us every time down the court first half was just embarrassing.

But like I said, with the personnel we have, he's doing a fine job. I'm a firm believer than the 04-05 Suns could have went all the way if Joe Johnson didn't go down with that injury...would you have that team play traditional at any point? We live by that particular play style, and die by that style. Or did you guys want Montgomery back?

I agree with everything you're saying except about the defensive performance issue. Am I the only one that thinks the Warriors lost this game becausethey couldn't shoot? They gave up 111 points, a lot of them being fast break points. But is it rare for an opponent to drop 111 on them? No. Theirmissed shots fueled their fast break. With Jackson and Harrington going a combined 2-20 or whatever it was, they're not going to win games.
Back to the subject at hand: Does Nellie deserve to get fired? Of course not. I disagree with a lot of things that he does. For example, I wouldnever start Harrington over Biedrins. You just can't count on Harrington to show up on a nightly basis. I would have Barnes behind Azubuike, Pietrus, andB-Dub in the rotation. But can you argue with 45 wins? He has turned this franchise around, and people are calling for his head? Ridiculous.

Nah, Nellie doesn't deserve to be fired, but he does need to revise his coaching philosophy. Matchups aren't everything Nellie. Sometimes we need tomatch size for size instead of going smaller and smaller.

Maybe I was out of line when I said tried to justify him being fired. If I'm wrong, I can live with that. But I'll stand by my reasoning that Nellieshould be criticized and shouldn't be free of criticism. He's in a position where criticism is part of everyday life. He's a coach and hisdecisions will always stir up criticism if it doesn't work.

Fired? Dear God no. The key people you need to sign are Baron, Monta, and Biedrins, the rest are expendable. Hell, Biedrins is more expendable then Monta andBaron, but Monta needs to be locked up first.

Back
Top Bottom