OFFICIAL FINANCIAL MARKETS & ECONOMY THREAD

Originally Posted by jerryjones

I have a question , how do you interpret yesterday's soaring bond yields? From my understanding higher bond yields are a sign of a strong economy but i cant see how this is the case with the US's current economic situation. Was the economy just particularly strong yesterday in comparison to other countries? or do you think this may be a sign of strong economic recovery?

Rising yields is due to deficit concerns from the tax cut extension, very acute fiscal concerns from the expiration of BABs, and unwind of QE2 expectations trade (in which everyone and their mother bought bonds to front-run synthetic Fed demand, and now that the program has started, the Fed will buy at any price, because it is a non-competitive bidder, and the hedgies are offloading their temporary holdings), all while mortgage convexity hedging is exacerbating the move, due to the entire Street being caught long duration right at the lows in yields, particularly asset management and pension fund firms with liability-driven investment strats.

Original piece here.

Originally Posted by jerryjones

I have a question , how do you interpret yesterday's soaring bond yields? From my understanding higher bond yields are a sign of a strong economy but i cant see how this is the case with the US's current economic situation. Was the economy just particularly strong yesterday in comparison to other countries? or do you think this may be a sign of strong economic recovery?

Rising yields is due to deficit concerns from the tax cut extension, very acute fiscal concerns from the expiration of BABs, and unwind of QE2 expectations trade (in which everyone and their mother bought bonds to front-run synthetic Fed demand, and now that the program has started, the Fed will buy at any price, because it is a non-competitive bidder, and the hedgies are offloading their temporary holdings), all while mortgage convexity hedging is exacerbating the move, due to the entire Street being caught long duration right at the lows in yields, particularly asset management and pension fund firms with liability-driven investment strats.

Original piece here.

DKY, aside from the reports you subscribe to and things of that nature, any particular pieces of literature/books that you'd recommend. Partiuclar authors/economists/thinkers?

DKY, aside from the reports you subscribe to and things of that nature, any particular pieces of literature/books that you'd recommend. Partiuclar authors/economists/thinkers?

30t6p3b.gif
at the housing piece. Ouch...

Originally Posted by JC08

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I get GS research from GS. Also Credit Suisse.

do you work at GS/have 360 portal access? which division & desk if you work there?

Original piece here.

Markit Hub is a great thing

Have 360 access.  Don't work at GS.  Client's use them as prime brokers.

Originally Posted by JC08

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I get GS research from GS. Also Credit Suisse.

do you work at GS/have 360 portal access? which division & desk if you work there?

Original piece here.

Markit Hub is a great thing

Have 360 access.  Don't work at GS.  Client's use them as prime brokers.

DKY- Happy birthday my dude.

What do you see the 10yr treasury bond doing going forward? Any chance it drops down to the 52w lows in October?

DKY- Happy birthday my dude.

What do you see the 10yr treasury bond doing going forward? Any chance it drops down to the 52w lows in October?

has anyone seen the video stansberry research put out warning of an impending collapse of the U.S. financial system within the upcomiing new year? and if so what are your thoughts?

has anyone seen the video stansberry research put out warning of an impending collapse of the U.S. financial system within the upcomiing new year? and if so what are your thoughts?

In (Long Term):
AAPL
BAC
GLD (thanks DKY)
JPM
KO

Stocks I'm Watching or In (Short Term):
RTBC (friends company, possible good things coming) (OTC)
MOS
ENTR
EWBC
LEN

I know i made some of y'all money with pennys last year, but I'm out of that game. However, if you have any news I'm lurking in the background.

In (Long Term):
AAPL
BAC
GLD (thanks DKY)
JPM
KO

Stocks I'm Watching or In (Short Term):
RTBC (friends company, possible good things coming) (OTC)
MOS
ENTR
EWBC
LEN

I know i made some of y'all money with pennys last year, but I'm out of that game. However, if you have any news I'm lurking in the background.

Back
Top Bottom