Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

I never understood the hate that Tidus got. He kinda reminds me of Luke from Tales of the Abyss. He's annoying in the beginning but ends up being very likeable mid-game to the end game. Sin was dumb but Jecht and Seymour were :smokin

I also put X above VII.

Its the laughing scene. I hear it in my nightmares. Its like my dream's version of the Wilhelm Scream. I hear it in my subconscious. :rofl:

I also had to Google Tales of the Abyss. How have I never heard of this game? I was playing every RPG around that time. Weird.

You guys didn’t like chapter 16? I thought it was dope :lol:. Also, did you guys take the stairs or the elevator?

The macalania woods cutscene was obviously :nthat:

still haven't figured out how the hell blitzball works and chocobo training felt damn near impossible :rofl:

Its the laughing scene. I hear it in my nightmares. Its like my dream's version of the Wilhelm Scream. I hear it in my subconscious. :rofl:

I also had to Google Tales of the Abyss. How have I never heard of this game? I was playing every RPG around that time. Weird.
You played Tales of Legendia? That's the PS2 Tales I still have yet to play. Actually, I didn't play Abyss on PS2 either. I played the 3DS port.
You guys didn’t like chapter 16? I thought it was dope :lol:. Also, did you guys take the stairs or the elevator?
I did both. The banter of the characters on the stairs was cool but I'll always take the elevator on future playthroughs :lol:
The macalania woods cutscene was obviously :nthat:

still haven't figured out how the hell blitzball works and chocobo training felt damn near impossible :rofl:
Blitzball is dope once you figure it out. You just need to recruit the better players and it'll become one sided really quickly. Also I never struggled with chocobo training like so many others. I even got the trophy for it while playing on Vita.

Well neither of them have Tidus, right off the top. :lol:

I always thought Sin was a stupid antagonist. IX to me takes the best elements of the early games in the franchise and modernizes them. Also, Vivi and Steiner are two of the absolute best characters in the franchise.

I'd put X ahead of VII personally.

I agree with IX mixing and matching of the best elements past/present. XII did a great job of that as well.

VIII has my favorite Main Character and is probably my favorite overall, but X I think is the best gameplay wise.

VII is definitely the GOAT though. The sheer numbers that game put up and what that game meant for the PlayStation in 97 is unparalleled. Square and Sony teamed up on some “F Nintendo” ish because of what the 64 did to them.

I’m just glad that they didn’t market it in the west as Final Fantasy IV Lol.

Tidus was like the anti Cloud/Squall

I'm glad cuz there's only so many times you can go with the loner tough guy character whose heart melts after making friends lol

I kinda, forgot how Zidane's personality was like

I think I played Legendia, but it may have been a demo disc... I cant remember.

Itd be nice to see these games back in some form.

There were rumors floating about of a Tales Collection but not sure what games were to be included and for what platforms. I'd like to play Graces F again.

X was the goat FF game. Yall trippen. I put over 40 hrs in Blitzball alone. And that still may be understating.

Oh man. If you wanna talk about side games, I have fond memories of chocobo racing in ff7

And my memory is really hazy but I think ff9 had card games.

Oh man. If you wanna talk about side games, I have fond memories of chocobo racing in ff7

It had Tetra Master, Chocobo Hot and Cold, and the easiest mini game of them all, Jump Rope. :lol: :pimp:

IV was my “first” (as FF2 on SNES) and is always going to a personal favorite along with IX

Theme of Love :pimp:

V is the most fun I’ve had playing a FF b/c of the job system

Working through ch. 16 on hard mode.. almost done lol

After some of these hard mode battles I can already tell Pride and Joy gonna be annoying af lmao

X was the goat FF game. Yall trippen. I put over 40 hrs in Blitzball alone. And that still may be understating.

Blitzball is the best mini game in FF history.They messed it up in X-2. I always felt it deserved a game.

At first I was gonna say how crazy it was that Chocobo Racing got a game, but then I remember it was more of a kart game. The FF7 version was riding. I really enjoyed the snowboarding mini game as well.

Bad Religion Bad Religion or anybody else in here play and beat Final Fantasy III? I started it on 3DS when it first released in 2006 and wasn’t feeling it like that. I had just came off of playing Final Fantasy VII, X, and XII and III was not what I wanted from a FF game :lol:
I’m playing through Chrono Trigger for the first time now (about 11 hours in) and bought FF III and figured I’d tackle that next.

X-2 Blitzball had me pissed. I couldnt wait to boot up blitzball again when it came out. Played that initial mission and didnt even try playing it again.

It had Tetra Master, Chocobo Hot and Cold, and the easiest mini game of them all, Jump Rope. :lol: :pimp:
I hope that's sarcasm. :sick: That and dodging lightning in X for Lulu's ultimate weapon are the two most irritating things in the series.

Bad Religion Bad Religion or anybody else in here play and beat Final Fantasy III? I started it on 3DS when it first released in 2006 and wasn’t feeling it like that. I had just came off of playing Final Fantasy VII, X, and XII and III was not what I wanted from a FF game :lol:
I’m playing through Chrono Trigger for the first time now (about 11 hours in) and bought FF III and figured I’d tackle that next.

II and III are a bit tough to make it through. I have only played through III once. I probably should give it another go.

I hope that's sarcasm. :sick: That and dodging lightning in X for Lulu's ultimate weapon are the two most irritating things in the series.

II and III are a bit tough to make it through. I have only played through III once. I probably should give it another go.
I beat II on PSP. Unfortunately I have no recollection of that game at all. I think I remember you being able to get up to like 9 tiers of magic i.e. Fire 9 :lol:

This is your first time ever playing chrono trigger????!?!?! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

CT > every FF, RPG, every other game period. Still holds up incredibly well to this day. I need to replay it...

Chrono Trigger = Suikoden II = Final Fantasy IX/Tactics

It would be extremely hard to pick a favorite between all of them for me.

My next tier would probably be:

Legend of Legaia; Grandia III; Vandal Hearts; Dark Cloud; Legend of Dragoon; Eternal Sonata,; Ni No Kuni; Star Ocean The Last Hope.; Chrono Cross; FF VI/XII/VII/V

It’s crazy how goofy ff7 is when you leave Midgar. Ff7 is literally a goofy game with serious moments in it.

very curious how they’re gonna do it in the remake, esp open world and the enemies.

the current ff7 remake felt like a serious game with goofy moments but a big reason to that is because you mostly only fight shinra enemies so it seems some what realistic.

Back
Top Bottom