***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

I see it from both sides honestly. Yes it seems a lot are coming out as packs but from fila perspective like he said, it's only one a month and none exceed $100. I personally love the variety and would love to see some new models. As I mentioned to you and Brittany on several different occasions, I am determined to stop buying Nike's. The more models I fall in love with from fila, li-ning, asics, nb, ect... the easier it will be to say no to Nike. I'm already done with Jordan brand.. It's just the LeBron's that are hard to say no to lol

I felt like you around 2011 - as a former Nike retail employee it was saddening to see the low quality and every increasing prices. Ended up selling all the JB retro product I purchased from '08-'11, I just couldn't support buying fakes). I just buy one or two pairs max of the Lebron signature GR (with some discount) and keep it moving. You don't need to buy all 15+ Lebron GRs (not including the lows, EXT, Elite, etc...)

Yes too many Fila packs.  Keyword packs.  Not everything needs to be marketed as a pack.  I personally think there is too much Fila product on the market for the demand that exists for it.  

A good idea might be putting all the effort that goes into creating a pack into one single shoe.  Maybe even a brand new silhouette.  Get the people excited about something new.

My man ShoeWizard, the margins on sneakers are very, very high - especially retro product which has 0 R&D costs. Even at selling points of $40 the FILA cats are making money. On top of that you get brand promotion and awareness as more people look for affordability and rock FILA product.

I could also be speculating here, but the 'pack' strategy probably allows them to run similar colours of materials across a few products then you have the 'collector' mentality where Pokemon-type cats 'gotta catch 'em all' - so there is a method to their madness.

I second that too, I think its a very good idea. For example the Royal pack, I personally don't like the 95 as a model, but that one from the pack looks great to me, on the other hand I love the 96, but the one from this pack I do not like. So bottom line, there is a pair in the pack that will attract someone, you don't need to like or buy all of them, but at least one is always good. 

trent, '95s ain't a bad looking sneaker - they pay homage to the AJ IX. It's the current incarnation with the skewed proportions that's just pure garbage.

That was never the issue for me, the new cut I mean, I never liked the model even back in 95, when FILA created it as the first signature for GH after he rocked the Spoiler for a while. But his second, third and all the rest were so much more appealing to me, my personal preference. But that Royal pack 95 is just great looking to me. 

the best pack was the red pack though i didn't quite understand why the stack 2 were apart of that pack with very minimal red on those shoes but those red 96's were fire literally
laugh.gif
 i'm hoping we get a red out stack 2

Too many packs??? @TheShoeWizard
 - We do a release once a month... Every other brand beats you over the head every week at a ridiculous price!

@NobleKane you will never be satisfied... We get it.

Well if your god damn company stopped cutting corners and trying to copy other trends maybe you would get somewhere.

Do not come at me like that. Seriously.

If you couldnt take criticism you should have not signed up for niketalk.

I have been more than respectful to you but your little snide remark shows me you do not respect the consumer

Any word on a retro of the gh3? I gotta get at least one of those. I hope this surprise that kidd mentioned is something hot

The 97/GHlll is coming out at the end of the summer I believe. I am also waiting for it with passion. 
 the best pack was the red pack though i didn't quite understand why the stack 2 were apart of that pack with very minimal red on those shoes but those red 96's were fire literally 
laugh.gif
 i'm hoping we get a red out stack 2
The red 96 is simply awesome, I love it too, and planning to obtain a pair very soon. 

Understand we don't expect things to 
Well if your god damn company stopped cutting corners and trying to copy other trends maybe you would get somewhere.

Do not come at me like that. Seriously.

If you couldnt take criticism you should have not signed up for niketalk.

I have been more than respectful to you but your little snide remark shows me you do not respect the consumer
Check your messages.

I can't please everyone in here.... I'm doing my best to help everyone out and provide as much insight. I'm open to many suggestions and constructive criticism, but keep it respectful and if you are on this thread, that means you are invested in this brand just as much as I am. Appreciate you all!

My man ShoeWizard, the margins on sneakers are very, very high - especially retro product which has 0 R&D costs. Even at selling points of $40 the FILA cats are making money. On top of that you get brand promotion and awareness as more people look for affordability and rock FILA product.

I could also be speculating here, but the 'pack' strategy probably allows them to run similar colours of materials across a few products then you have the 'collector' mentality where Pokemon-type cats 'gotta catch 'em all' - so there is a method to their madness.

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm also looking forward to what KiddFuture says is in store for Fila later this year.

I just personally feel we are drowning in Fila retro packs. If this is some sort of lucrative business model then obviously Fila should continue to churn out packs at this rate. But as a consumer, I'd like to see more creativity and thought put into some of these sneakers.

Instead of just releasing another pack, why not spend some time focusing on making certain retros truer to the OG and providing quality materials. A lot of retro enthusiasts don't like how some of these newer versions cut corners.

I'd also really like to see a brand new basketball silhouette from Fila.

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm also looking forward to what KiddFuture says is in store for Fila later this year.

I just personally feel we are drowning in Fila retro packs. If this is some sort of lucrative business model then obviously Fila should continue to churn out packs at this rate. But as a consumer, I'd like to see more creativity and thought put into some of these sneakers.

Instead of just releasing another pack, why not spend some time focusing on making certain retros truer to the OG and providing quality materials. A lot of retro enthusiasts don't like how some of these newer versions cut corners.

I wanna see some snakeskin 96/stack 2

You're preaching to the choir brother - I'm 100% on the same page with you. Blame Nike/JB for this 'pack' mentality - no pun intended. I'm extremely vocal about quality materials and Reebok was on the right track last year but their resorting to their wicked ways with cheap materials. Fila looks to be running decent materials on some product and not on others.

You know I am will you most of the times and I do agree with what you are saying, but I still think the pack idea is not all that bad, the execution from FILA is far better done than most of the other brands, we don't see any crazy colors or fake looking kicks, we don't see pointless over-hyped collaborations too. For the most part FILA is one of the few companies that are showing to the consumer and the rest of the companies, that quality can exist with normal/low prices and the two can coexist even today. Yes, they also had to cut some corners, but doesn't, at least the corners they are cutting are smaller and I am sorry, but the comfort they are offering I can not find anywhere else, since I got my 96's that's all I have been wearing and don't care what everyone else is saying. 

In support of your words, I can say, I am really hoping they start retro-ing more models, they had a good number of them back in the early 90's and if they still have the molds, I don't see why not.

BTW, what model of Reebok you are referring to not having quality materials this year, did I miss something? 

You know I am will you most of the times and I do agree with what you are saying, but I still think the pack idea is not all that bad, the execution from FILA is far better done than most of the other brands, we don't see any crazy colors or fake looking kicks, we don't see pointless over-hyped collaborations too. For the most part FILA is one of the few companies that are showing to the consumer and the rest of the companies, that quality can exist with normal/low prices and the two can coexist even today. Yes, they also had to cut some corners, but doesn't, at least the corners they are cutting are smaller and I am sorry, but the comfort they are offering I can not find anywhere else, since I got my 96's that's all I have been wearing and don't care what everyone else is saying. 

In support of your words, I can say, I am really hoping they start retro-ing more models, they had a good number of them back in the early 90's and if they still have the molds, I don't see why not.

BTW, what model of Reebok you are referring to not having quality materials this year, did I miss something? 
there have been a lot comments about the big hurts leather being pleather, anyone with the red 96's is it suede or nubuck and how does it feel or is it of the same quality as the tobacco road 96's 

Big Hurt always had synthetic leather and nubuck combo, just like the Kamikaze, no news here. The material used on 96 Red is the same as the one on Tobacco road from what I can see is suede and Filabuck. 

Big Hurt always had synthetic leather and nubuck combo, just like the Kamikaze, no news here. The material used on 96 Red is the same as the one on Tobacco road from what I can see is suede and Filabuck. 
thanks for the info, we need a mavs stack 2.....maybe not def a Brooklyn ver. though black suede silver lines oh yeah

i now have two pairs of the 96.... noticed my Olympic pair from last year was "pleather" while my Varsity pair was quality tumbled leather. i definitely prefer the leather over the faux materials. either way tho... i love em both

Trent, I guess the synthetic materials from the late 90s were pretty darn good compared to the 'stiff as cardboard' stuff they are putting out now.

dont know if neone has a citi trends (hood clothing store) near em but they carry fila now.

Saw the white blue and all black stacks
All black 96s and black ice bottom 96
Other styles

All 39.99

Trent, I guess the synthetic materials from the late 90s were pretty darn good compared to the 'stiff as cardboard' stuff they are putting out now.
I don't know, I wish I had some of my old kicks to compare, but from what I remember its the same, and I am talking about Reebok, since I know them more than anything else. 

Back
Top Bottom