***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

gave this album a spin earlier today... i really enjoyed it. there's a couple tracks i could see myself never wanting to play again ( :lol: ), but the majority of the album is real quality music. i felt like he delivered with this project.

bad guy was such an amazing track to start off on... this being matthew's POV was crazy. once he started going into the stan flow :wow: then the beat switch :wow:

parking lot was a classic em skit :lol:

the time of the season sample on rhyme or reason & lifes been good on so far... :smokin im not used to hearing em go over clearly sampled tracks like this. same with berzerk.

em vs kendrick :x :x that damb hook is gonna be stuck in my head all the time i can already tell :rofl:

i swear i can sit back & listen to em talk his **** for the longest time... evil twin was the perfect example of him just going all the way off.

im frustrated cause ain't no more nsync, now im all out of wack
im all out of backstreet boys to call out and attack

sometimes i listen & revisit them old albums
often as i can & skim through all them *******
to make sure i keep up with my competition

**** top 5, *****, im top 4
& that includes biggie & pac, *****
& i got an evil twin, so who do you think that 3rd & that 4th spots for?

:pimp:

headlights is so deep... real vulnerable track.

brainless sounds straight off relapse :nthat:

im probly never going to admit this again... but i mess with stronger than i was :lol: :lol: :smh:

back when he dropped the news of the title being MMLP2, i was very critical because i hold that album to such a high standard & i was afraid of it being along the lines of recovery & being used just for publicity. i felt like with all the references to the MMLP throughout the album, him going with that title didn't leave me disappointed.

i loved all the references to the MMLP (& even some to the SSLP)... i was geeked in the car when i heard them come on :lol:

bad guy - really the whole track :lol: but once he started mentioning the broncos hat ( the starter cap :nerd: ) & then forward
rhyme or reason - criminal flow at 4:44
so much better - "im just playing ***** you know i love you" kill you reference
******* - "It's apparent I shouldn't of been a parent" who knew reference & "thanks for the support *******" my name is reference
rap god - "6 minutes slim shady your on" remember me reference & the columbine line from im back
so far... - the real slim shady reference, beat switch, & flow & the head in the mailbox line was a reference to im back

i think there was a couple more but i gotta go back & listen again.

Last edited:
"this puppy's lucky i aint blast his *** YET"

the dog finally gets got all these years later 
laugh.gif

Like I said, music is subjective, I enjoyed the production on this album.
The monster is really the only song that annoys me. Berzerk, survival, to me personally are solid. Better than the crap on NTWS.

I don't see what's so great about the production on an album on NTWS? Sounds like the same beat for 75% of the album.

and for me personally, I care much more about lyrics than beats.
Just me though.

Im with you on the lyrics thing. I'll always be able to tolerate a track with a horrible beat and great lyrics. I will never listen to a song with horrible lyrics and a great beat more than once (unless its funny or Im just in the mood for some ignorant **** which is rare)

I think what Ima do is find some time to light one up and then listen to both MMLP and MMLP2 back to back.

Yeah but I def hear the Em influence on the beat

Anyone know the story of why Em stopped working with the Bass Brothers?
I think the Bass Brothers stopped working with Em after the SSLP because they weren't paid royalties for their work but there could be more behind it as well

MY GODD, the fully mastered version of MMLP2 sounds next level in the ride.
IMO it made the biggest difference with the A*SHOLE beat.
After 3 days of lyrically dissecting this album, it's a no-brainer, to me...
Excluding a couple songs on concept alone, this MMLP2 is phenomenal.
I think I'm most surprised at how many bars he packed into this album.
Mostly b/c Rick Rubin is known as a "Reducer" not a Producer...
And I truly thought he'd try to strip EM down with that Executive Producer badge.
Sounds like Rubin was there mostly to hold a mirror up to EM and remind him what got him to the level of a Rap God.
:nerd:

MY GODD, the fully mastered version of MMLP2 sounds next level in the ride.
IMO it made the biggest difference with the A*SHOLE beat.
After 3 days of lyrically dissecting this album, it's a no-brainer, to me...
Excluding a couple songs on concept alone, this MMLP2 is phenomenal.
I think I'm most surprised at how many bars he packed into this album.
Mostly b/c Rick Rubin is known as a "Reducer" not a Producer...
And I truly thought he'd try to strip EM down with that Executive Producer badge.
Sounds like Rubin was there mostly to hold a mirror up to EM and remind him what got him to the level of a Rap God.
nerd.gif
where can i find this fully mastered version 
nerd.gif

album gets better each listen, once the lyrics start to sink into the beats it gets so much better

When i first heard the Yoda voice i was discouraged.
Then after i reminded myself that Rick Rubin is Yoda, it clicked that "Yoda Rubin" is telling EM how to retain that fire he's known for.
[@Sea -- i got the cd this morning]

Last edited:
There should be a video for bad guy
i saw on rapgenius (they took it down) that they will and they're having the same actor that played matt as the stan vid

i think em should have done the hook to ******* himself to make it more mmlp like and less recovery like. fits the song better

i saw on rapgenius (they took it down) that they will and they're having the same actor that played matt as the stan vid

i think em should have done the hook to ******* himself to make it more mmlp like and less recovery like. fits the song better

Cool, cool. And I don't know about that, the hooks on this album don't really do it for me at all.

where can i find this fully mastered version :nerd:

album gets better each listen, once the lyrics start to sink into the beats it gets so much better

Not 2 burst ur bubble but the fully mastered version is not out yet. Unless he got it backdoor from like a Best Buy or Target stock room

itunes Masters drop first then the deluxe internet because ppl eventually buy it and upload it to the net

Glad the album is starting to grow.... Legacy is still on repeat tho. Feeling the deluxe version!

just DL'd...gonna listen soon. glad you guys are liking it. so I'm looking forward to it. MM1 is one of my favorite disks of all time

Back
Top Bottom