***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

what i'm saying is that this album needed more rap features, it's clear they are just milking out the nostagia out of the title. and it's disgusting to put pop stars on a title with such critical acclaim. :smh:

Exactly.

There were NO pop stars on the first Mmlp- except for the dido sample.. If u even wanna call her a pop star..

The whole album he was going at pop stars..
And I was hopping he was gana do the same with this one

Exactly.

There were NO pop stars on the first Mmlp- except for the dido sample.. If u even wanna call her a pop star..

There's no winning for Em. People hated on Relapse because they said he needed to be more serious and because of the accent. He drops the accent and makes a serious album and is labeled as boring and mundane. What rapper could have dropped a verse like he did on No Love? Very few!

If he was to make another album going at pop stars people would say he's being immature because he's 40. And he isnt growing as an artist. People put Em on such a high pedestal that it makes it impossible for him to do well in the eyes of NT. 

Has Jay dropped another Reasonable Doubt or Blueprint? No. Is he still heralded by NT as one of the GOATS? Yes. MCHG was BORING and terrible lyrically, but Jay gets a pass for some reason?

Has Drake dropped another So Far Gone? No. Is he applauded and praised for his 3 lackluster albums? Yes. NWTS is passable, if only for a few songs that saved it from being a complete weed plate.

People making predictions before they even listen to the album and actin like Rihanna's going to be rapping. She's clearly there to sing a hook. How about we wait to listen, and if its a bad album its a bad album. Too many of you are counting chickens before they hatch.

Exactly.

There's no winning for Em. People hated on Relapse because they said he needed to be more serious and because of the accent. He drops the accent and makes a serious album and is labeled as boring and mundane. What rapper could have dropped a verse like he did on No Love? Very few!

If he was to make another album going at pop stars people would say he's being immature because he's 40. And he isnt growing as an artist. People put Em on such a high pedestal that it makes it impossible for him to do well in the eyes of NT. 

Has Jay dropped another Reasonable Doubt or Blueprint? No. Is he still heralded by NT as one of the GOATS? Yes. MCHG was BORING and terrible lyrically, but Jay gets a pass for some reason?

Has Drake dropped another So Far Gone? No. Is he applauded and praised for his 3 lackluster albums? Yes. NWTS is passable, if only for a few songs that saved it from being a complete weed plate.

People making predictions before they even listen to the album and actin like Rihanna's going to be rapping. She's clearly there to sing a hook. How about we wait to listen, and if its a bad album its a bad album. Too many of you are counting chickens before they hatch.

This is my nomination for best music forum post in 2013.

Serious.

Repped.

Last edited:
Exactly.

I do agree with you...

But...

If the shoe is on the other foot and the album is wack I hope you can swallow your pride and say so just like how you are calling out Jay and Drake on what you think are lackluster projects.

Well.. I actually really liked relapse

I was just bumping MCHG 2 minutes ago to grab lunch...

Don't listen to drake so I can't really comment.

I agree with you that he is 40 and would probly be immature.

Idk. I just want a "darker" album...

You know Em has an audience to appeal to outside of NT right? I don't know anyone in their right mind who wants to hear Em go at J-Lo, Britney, BSB Christina, and Fred Durst again just because he did it his first time around. Over the last 13 years Em has grown as an artist and as a person. The landscape of rap has changed over that time so if you think Interscope will green light a controversial album like MMLP in 2013, you're delusional.

As far as the track listing goes, I don't mind it at all. It's not a feature heavy album and we can all probably agree that out of everyone in the game today, most would want to see an Em and Kendrick collabo. If AOTY candidates MCHG AND MNIMN can have Beyonce and Kelly Rowland respectfully, what's wrong with a Riri feature? She's been on big records hip-hop records before and she killed her feature on Recovery.

Em would win in a music sense if he made good stuff, and didn't drop stinkers, whether it's a serious mature album or not.

So remove a singer who is only there to sing a hook and replace her with 3-4 rappers that wouldn't fit with his style? makes sense :rolleyes

Exactly.

I can agree with about 95% of this. Em is gonna piss people off regardless. He's at that point where he's getting old and people have stupid expectations BUT, don't call it MMLP 2 with a tracklist like this. A lot of people say you can't judge an album by the tracklist and you can't but you can get an idea of where it's going. I've heard two songs and they sound nothing like MMLP.

I also loved Relapse

MCGH was a pile of ****, boring as it gets.

:x :x :x WHAT THE....did i hear on the radio today...that song is TERRIBLE...even legends fall off i guess :smh:

Eminem has always been serious. Why do people act like he never wasn't? If I had, As The World Turns, Rock Bottom, Stan, The Way I Am, Marshall Mathers, White America, Cleanin Out My Closet, Sing For The Moment, Haile's Song, Till I collapse, Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird are all serious songs, and he has more. People don't have a problem with him writing serious songs, the crap he had on relapse and recovery just isn't as good. People do put him on a pedestal, because dude has an album that went diamond that didn't even deserve it. 
Eminem has been showing flashes of greatness fooling his fans that he can do that for a full length album for years now. He showed out on guess spots on Obie and D-12 albums, dropped wack Encore, skate on 50, Yayo, T.I. features and The Re-Up, drop wack Relapse, skate on the Drake song, drop underwhelming Recovery, and show out on the Shady 2.0 cypher and Hell The Sequel. Welp, even as an Em fan, there's pretty much a forgone conclusion what's next.
He needs to realize that the **** he spit from that cypher is the stuff most want to here.

I agreed all the way up to the MCHG and the NWTS comment
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Hey man I tried.

And what kind of NT post would it be if it wasn't at least a bit incendiary.

Eminem has always been serious. Why do people act like he never wasn't? If I had, As The World Turns, Rock Bottom, Stan, The Way I Am, Marshall Mathers, White America, Cleanin Out My Closet, Sing For The Moment, Haile's Song, Till I collapse, Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird are all serious songs, and he has more. People don't have a problem with him writing serious songs, the crap he had on relapse and recovery just isn't as good. People do put him on a pedestal, because dude has an album that went diamond that didn't even deserve it. 

He needs to realize that the **** he spit from that cypher is the stuff most want to here.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"Go Go Gadget ****" Yeah definitely serious. If you're going to put forth an argument at least make sure you have all your facts straight first.

But if that's the route you want to take, I'll play along. A quick look at his discography will clear things up a bit.

SSLP:

My Name Is

Guilty Conscience

Brain Damage

97 Bonnie and Clyde

Role Model

My Fault

Cum on Everybody

Just Dont Give A ****

As The World Turns

I'm Shady

Bad Meets Evil

Still Dont Give A ****

You named 13 "serious" songs, one of which was incorrectly identified as serious material. I just named 12 songs that wouldn't be considered serious off of his first album alone.

Fact of the matter is that Em still has bars. His technical skill on a mic is touched by a very elite few. 

Look we can all admit that Recovery had a couple of cringe-worthy metaphors, but they are fewer and farther between than most people would have you believe. Em was arguably at his lyrical best during The Eminem Show (probably his second most serious album), so when he released what was his most grounded album in Recovery it did pale in comparison, but most albums would pale in that particular comparison anyway.

Recovery was a good album. Was it as his coming out party and breakthrough album (SSLP)? No. Was it his magnum opus (MMLP)? No. Was he at his lyrical best (TES)? No. Was it an album that had a good amount of enjoyable songs and enough lyricism to break through the monotony of plenty of popular rap music during its timeframe? Yes.

He did condemn himself naming it MMLP2, but I can't wait to hear it either way.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: "Go Go Gadget ****" Yeah definitely serious. If you're going to put forth an argument at least make sure you have all your facts straight first.

But if that's the route you want to take, I'll play along. A quick look at his discography will clear things up a bit.

SSLP:
My Name Is
Guilty Conscience
Brain Damage
97 Bonnie and Clyde
Role Model
My Fault
Cum on Everybody
Just Dont Give A ****
As The World Turns
I'm Shady
Bad Meets Evil
Still Dont Give A ****

You named 13 "serious" songs, one of which was incorrectly identified as serious material. I just named 12 songs that wouldn't be considered serious off of his first album alone.

Fact of the matter is that Em still has bars. His technical skill on a mic is touched by a very elite few. 

Look we can all admit that Recovery had a couple of cringe-worthy metaphors, but they are fewer and farther between than most people would have you believe. Em was arguably at his lyrical best during The Eminem Show (probably his second most serious album), so when he released what was his most grounded album in Recovery it did pale in comparison, but most albums would pale in that particular comparison anyway.

Recovery was a good album. Was it as his coming out party and breakthrough album (SSLP)? No. Was it his magnum opus (MMLP)? No. Was he at his lyrical best (TES)? No. Was it an album that had a good amount of enjoyable songs and enough lyricism to break through the monotony of plenty of popular rap music during its timeframe? Yes.

He did condemn himself naming it MMLP2, but I can't wait to hear it either way.

The point still stands. Eminem has always touched on serious matters that people liked to listen to. You tried to make it seem like people didn't like the album because it was serious and that's not the case.

Last edited:
The point still stands. Eminem has always touched on serious matters that people liked to listen to. You tried to make it seem like people didn't like the album because it was serious and that's not the case. People didn't like it because most of it is trash.
I hope you know that a lot of people have a different view of his later work. Almost every time I see you comment I see you complaining about how recovery was trash just get over it bro it's not that big of a deal. A ton of artists have albums that do not compare to some of their other works and you can never tell how their future projects will be. Music is so subjective that there is no real way to rate an album. So please stop going on with how recovery is trash and what not and talk about something else rather than say how recovery was trash in every other comment

I hope you know that a lot of people have a different view of his later work. Almost every time I see you comment I see you complaining about how recovery was trash just get over it bro it's not that big of a deal. A ton of artists have albums that do not compare to some of their other works and you can never tell how their future projects will be. Music is so subjective that there is no real way to rate an album. So please stop going on with how recovery is trash and what not and talk about something else rather than say how recovery was trash in every other comment

Is relapse and recovery not what people have been talking about in the whole thread? It's not like I brought it up. People are still talking about it and I can still add my 2 cents. And here is the obvious alternative, don't read my comments.

Last edited:
Is relapse and recovery not what people have been talking about in the whole thread? It's not like I brought it up. People are still talking about it and I can still add my 2 cents. And here is the obvious alternative, don't read my comments.
And I'm gonna add my 2 cents to this too and tell you what I think about it too

any other singles out there??

that joint on the radio is all types of bad :x

I can dig this list but I would put Rabbit Run, Infinite and Em's verse in Renegade in there but I know everyone's list is subjective. How about you NT, is there a song in there that doesn't deserve a top spot? I can't argue because its hard for me to narrow down a top 20, let alone top 10.

I re-listened to Encore and the first half and the bonus songs are all pretty solid follow up songs after the release of Eminem show / 8 Mile soundtrack.

Evil Deeds
Never Enough
Yellow Brick Road
Like Toy Soliders
Mosh

Bonus:
We As Americans
Evil Deeds
Ricky Ticky Toc

I think Encore gets such a bad rep because he the album off really strong then for some reason started rapping about gibberish. In all honesty, if he dropped Encore today, it'd be worthy of the MMLP2 album title

Back
Top Bottom