***Official Dwight Howard Post*** Vol. 20/20 Vision

fulljgetty76075205fm029zc2.jpg

I remember all the experts saying Orlando desperately needs to draft Emeka Okafar

Weren't all the experts saying that it was up in the air as to who to pick?
Young, raw talent with potential upside to be great
vs.
Consistently good post defender with little upside

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Last time I check, Yao owned Howard. He's good at dunking hard and staying in the paint for rebound.
Last time I checked, Yao was soft, out of shape causing him to commit stupid fouls and be out of position late in games, often not the leading rebounder in a game, and gets pushed around by most opposing centers. He's good at shooting jumpers.

Is it just me or is that when a player does not employ the same style as the prototypical 90's NBA center they are immediately classified as soft.Yao's lack of athleticism doesn't make him soft. The fact the he prefers a finesse game as opposed to power does not mean he gets pushed around and isit just me or was Yao more successful playing in Van Gundy's system where a strong low post oriented player thrives then he is in Adleman system? The onlyreason Yao doesn't score as many points as Ewing is because he never got to be the man playing beside to volume shooters like T-Mac and Steve Francis notto mention the fact that Ewing played in the 80's and 90's which is far better for the slower low post center.
Also the Ewing comparison is far better suited to Yao than to Dwight Howard. Ewing's game is more similar to Yao but I guess that would make him"soft".
eyes.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

Last time I check, Yao owned Howard. He's good at dunking hard and staying in the paint for rebound.
Last time I checked, Yao was soft, out of shape causing him to commit stupid fouls and be out of position late in games, often not the leading rebounder in a game, and gets pushed around by most opposing centers. He's good at shooting jumpers.

Is it just me or is that when a player does not employ the same style as the prototypical 90's NBA center they are immediately classified as soft. Yao's lack of athleticism doesn't make him soft. The fact the he prefers a finesse game as opposed to power does not mean he gets pushed around and is it just me or was Yao more successful playing in Van Gundy's system where a strong low post oriented player thrives then he is in Adleman system? The only reason Yao doesn't score as many points as Ewing is because he never got to be the man playing beside to volume shooters like T-Mac and Steve Francis not to mention the fact that Ewing played in the 80's and 90's which is far better for the slower low post center.
Also the Ewing comparison is far better suited to Yao than to Dwight Howard. Ewing's game is more similar to Yao but I guess that would make him "soft".
eyes.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

getting your @!#* punched straight up by somebody 2 feet shorter than you is definitely soft.

Yao is not dominent, by no stature. And you cannot even put Steve Francis in a sentence with Yao on terms of having the ball, Francis maybe has played 5minutes this year?

Yao could have 30 pts and the Rockets would still lose.

If Dwight scores 30, it's almost a guaranteed win.

Dwight is level with, or better than Yao without a perimeter game.

Give Dwight a somewhat decent shot, ala Zadrunas, and Dwight and Yao would never be in a sentence together unless it went like this..."Dwight justsquatted on Yao."

Quickedit: I like Dwight, but that block by Amare is awesome.

PS: As far as I know, there is no goaltending when blocking a dunk.

Yao can't score 30 points if he wanted to when the opposing team deny him of possession of the ball. Spurs is successful when Yao is not able to gettouches.

[Give Dwight a somewhat decent shot, ala Zadrunas, and Dwight and Yao would never be in a sentence together unless it went like this..."Dwight justsquatted on Yao." ]
Look at Amare, he has both but lacks defense.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Is it just me or is that when a player does not employ the same style as the prototypical 90's NBA center they are immediately classified as soft. Yao's lack of athleticism doesn't make him soft. The fact the he prefers a finesse game as opposed to power does not mean he gets pushed around and is it just me or was Yao more successful playing in Van Gundy's system where a strong low post oriented player thrives then he is in Adleman system? The only reason Yao doesn't score as many points as Ewing is because he never got to be the man playing beside to volume shooters like T-Mac and Steve Francis not to mention the fact that Ewing played in the 80's and 90's which is far better for the slower low post center.
Also the Ewing comparison is far better suited to Yao than to Dwight Howard. Ewing's game is more similar to Yao but I guess that would make him "soft".
eyes.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

getting your @!#* punched straight up by somebody 2 feet shorter than you is definitely soft.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070311/ORLHOU/boxscore.html http://www.nba.com/games/20070311/ORLHOU/boxscore.html

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SocalxBucks

eyes.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.nba.com/games/20070311/ORLHOU/boxscore.html http://www.nba.com/games/20070311/ORLHOU/boxscore.html

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and he's still soft... so what did you prove?

eyes.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dwight got owned, if he's not soft he should be able to "push Yao around".
roll.gif

Guess not.

STAT and Dwight are the most dominant bigman in the NBA right now .I wanna see the in the finals "CLASH OF THE TITANS "
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigballer23

STAT and Dwight are the most dominant bigman in the NBA right now .I wanna see the in the finals "CLASH OF THE TITANS "
pimp.gif

im sorry what?? The only one dominating out of the two is Dwight Howard.. And what does softness have to do about anything?? If you score 30 you score 30.. And Yao>Stoudemire.. Anyhoo... Good job of the Hornets sticking it in and making a comeback.. Lets hope to get some good news about Chris Paul and TYChand.. I see the injury bug is fast upon us..

eyes.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dwight got owned, if he's not soft he should be able to "push Yao around".
roll.gif

Guess not.

you folks still are not making a point. nobody said you couldnt play if you were soft.

Dwight is a straight up beast. No question about it.

Heres my only problem with yao. dude is 7'5/7'6. He should have at least 28 points in the paint every game, and grab 14 boards, AT LEAST in a game. OK,maybe im exagerating with the points aspect, but if you are 7'6, you should be trying to get low post position every time, and dunk the ball over nearlyeverybody. Why Yao shoots jumpers and doesnt use his height like he could, I have no idea. You would think he would have one of those moments where the lightturns on and thinks "hey, im 7'6, maybe I should play more in the paint". If I saw that yao made even an effort to grab more tha 10 boards agame, and tried playing in the paint more than he does now, then I would have that newfound respect for him. But until then, im just going to keep watching indisgust, knowing what could be instead of seeing what is.

Back
Top Bottom