Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I absolutely love it. Reading about the plot and actually seeing it has my opinion turning a full 180°. Toriyama essentially gave you the jist of DB in one movie. It's most known villain, transformations, great fights and comedy along with an anticlimactic ending that falls in line with the feelings people have toward DB. Toriyama essentially in a tongue a cheek move made vegeta the ***** again and goku the eternal hero. I still dislike the super super saiyan god or whatever you call this super saiyan in saiyan god mode called but this has me extremely optimistic for the new series...

But where the hell did jaco the patrolman pop out from? That was hella random him being there

I need to see the first half before even attempting watching the 2nd half, everytime I search for it, I can never find the subbed version 

I absolutely love it. Reading about the plot and actually seeing it has my opinion turning a full 180°. Toriyama essentially gave you the jist of DB in one movie. It's most known villain, transformations, great fights and comedy along with an anticlimactic ending that falls in line with the feelings people have toward DB. Toriyama essentially in a tongue a cheek move made vegeta the ***** again and goku the eternal hero. I still dislike the super super saiyan god or whatever you call this super saiyan in saiyan god mode called but this has me extremely optimistic for the new series...

But where the hell did jaco the patrolman pop out from? That was hella random him being there

Probably random for us but not so random for the Japanese people where this stuff is main stream. Toriyama most likely did it as an Easter egg to Japanese fanboys. Not too farfetched considering jaco original story takes place right before dragon ball starts in the same universe. Probably also a ploy to gauge interest in the character itself. When it comes to anime and manga the Japanese seem to do popularity polls for everything. If he tests well maybe they're trying to ridden off the dragon ball hype and do some work with him

But I share your optimism for the series. We can complain about the transformations and evolutions but I'm all for them. We kind of reset them with ssgod as far as goku and vegeta go. It's nice to see them evolve but they obviously have further to go because bills and Whis are still stronger by an unknown amount which gives everyone a chance to grow and doesn't put a limit on how much they can grow.

And no, Vegeta did not take a W

Dude had a W in his grasp but somehow it morphed back into the L it knew it needed to be
So close 
mean.gif

I need to see the first half before even attempting watching the 2nd half, everytime I search for it, I can never find the subbed version 

Read the 3 chapter revival of F manga series. It is pretty much everything up until goku actually fights Freiza. It'll tell you pretty much everything that goes on in the first 25 or so minutes. So read that and then watch it.

I haven't watched it but I don't eem want to now...

[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

Probably random for us but not so random for the Japanese people where this stuff is main stream. Toriyama most likely did it as an Easter egg to Japanese fanboys. Not too farfetched considering jaco original story takes place right before dragon ball starts in the same universe. Probably also a ploy to gauge interest in the character itself. When it comes to anime and manga the Japanese seem to do popularity polls for everything. If he tests well maybe they're trying to ridden off the dragon ball hype and do some work with him

But I share your optimism for the series. We can complain about the transformations and evolutions but I'm all for them. We kind of reset them with ssgod as far as goku and vegeta go. It's nice to see them evolve but they obviously have further to go because bills and Whis are still stronger by an unknown amount which gives everyone a chance to grow and doesn't put a limit on how much they can grow.

I figured that Jaco was just an Easter egg of some sorts and I know he ran round with Bulma's sister in the manga but he was comical on the sidelines.

The animation for this film is NUTS even from the quality of the vid I was blown away. Vegeta doesn't really catch the L because frieza copped out. If anything Goku took the L because he played it safe on frieza in the beginning. How does he spare mercy to not only all his enemies but this one in particular :lol: one thing about Toriyama is that he's been able to keep these characters personalities the same through all these years. Vegeta came in the fight with the tough guy intro. I think it was even better then his android 19/ super saiyan reveal just off of the the fact that it was a monumental event for vegeta to be staring frieza in the face and have him shook. I've been rewatching the DBZ: Kai frieza saga and watching how shook vegeta was of frieza back then combined with what frieza was telling him about rejoining his army if he killed goku :lol: dope moment.

Goku still da gawd though

Last edited:
All the "At the end of this movie Vegeta will be on equal footing with Goku' dudes are awfully quiet right now.

I'll believe it when I see it . The only time prince of the L's has been on equal footing with goku was their first fight before he went full ape mode

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it . The only time prince of the L's has been on equal footing with goku was their first fight before he went full ape mode

I don't see any reason to believe that they aren't on equal terms (or close to it) at any point in the movie

In the July issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine, it was revealed that the upcoming Dragon Ball Super TV series (the first Dragon Ball series in 18 years) will also get a manga adaption as well! The manga will debut in the August issue of V Jump magazine! No story or details have been released for the series or the manga, but it is said to "no doubt exceed everyone's expectations."

The manga will be drawn by Toyotaro, who also worked on Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' three chapter manga when the film released last month. Below you can check out the an image (which is from this month's edition of V Jump Magazine) that gives us confirmation that this news is true. Check it out!

View media item 1539242
As for Dragon Ball Super, that series will premiere on Fuji TV this July on Sundays at 9:00 a.m.!

Last edited:
I still find that weird. Guns hurts these guns? Like seriously? They survive nuclear type blast EVERYDAY. :smh:

It wasn't a "gun" persay. Not a bullet, it was still a Ki blast. Since it was a back up plan that frieza already seemed to have planned. It was probs strong enough to hurt someone with their guard down

Hurry? Goku saved earth like a half second before frieza wouldve destroyed it. He didnt have time to explain. Not that vegeta would listen anyway.

Back
Top Bottom