Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

should be an easy rebuttal then, right? but here you are just telling me to ignore whats on the screen because you dont agree with what the creators of the show did :lol:

if you think the story is trash just say that. what were not gonna do is in a discussion about power scaling and whats canon is ignore the literal source material
That is the rebuttal. You’re hanging your entire contribution to the discussion on one punch. If that’s the case Krillin > Vegeta since he shot a whole through his chest during the Frieza saga. Yajirobe must have the most potential since he cut Vegeta’s tail off or Krillin since he cut Frieza’s tail off. Mr. Satan hit Cell with an 8 hit combo so he must have latent ability. Tien was on par with ss2 Gohan because he kept Cell at bay that bought time for the androids to get away. That’s your logic. One punch/hit makes you top tier. Dyspo hit GF once where he drove him back and now Dyspo’s strength is god level. SMH. You got it lol 🤣🤣🤣

That is the rebuttal. You’re hanging your entire contribution to the discussion on one punch. If that’s the case Krillin > Vegeta since he shot a whole through his chest during the Frieza saga. Yajirobe must have the most potential since he cut Vegeta’s tail off or Krillin since he cut Frieza’s tail off. Mr. Satan hit Cell with an 8 hit combo so he must have latent ability. Tien was on par with ss2 Gohan because he kept Cell at bay that bought time for the androids to get away. That’s your logic. One punch/hit makes you top tier. Dyspo hit GF once where he drove him back and now Dyspo’s strength is god level. SMH. You got it lol 🤣🤣🤣

Firstly, did you watch the episode? it wasnt one punch. The fight started before freiza went golden and before dyspo powdered up. Dyspo was using his speed and commented how impressed he was that freiza could keep up. He still got clean hits on freiza ans he kept up with pre and post golden transformation until gohan stepped in. Frieza transformed and the tide of the fight didn’t even shift in his favor :lol: Now tell me how any of your examples are remotely comparable?

I’m really mad at myself for typing this all out smh because I know you don’t even know what’s canon because you’re siting the DBZ anime and not the manga and you’ll post a few irrelevant lines followed by laughing emojis but I have time today lol

as for most of your examples, none of them equate to the character matching blow for blow or keeping up with their opponent. Most aren’t even canon to the manga but let’s talk about a few of them.

Vegeta (significantly weaker on namek and pre zenkai boost) allowed himself to be injured because he wanted to force a zenkai boost and become a super saiyan. Are you saying freiza simply chose not to beat dyspo even though he could at anytime? Because that’s what the case was with vegeta and krillin

Yahjarobe could cut off vegetas tail because a saiyan a tail is literally his weakness. We saw that with goku in dragon bal when in the tournament krillin grabbed it and he damn near died. we saw it with raditz when his pulled by goku even though we know goku was weaker than him and still kept him At bay. None of this remotely compares to what happened in super because dyspo trading blows wasn’t exploiting some secret weakness freiza has.

Krillin cutting of friezas tail is probably the weakest one on the list. Almost every character in dbz have attacks with damage that exceeds their own power. Piccolo has the special beam cannon that killed raditz and goku even though piccolo wasn’t strong enough to beat goku or raditz in a fight. Tiebs tribeam was able to push back cell because the attack does damage greater than Tiens own fighting power. Same goes for goku, he’s killed enimies he couldn’t over power with the spirit bomb. How does that compare to dyspo and frieza? Was dyspo’s punches some secret technique? :lol:

It’s actually hilarious that you bring up cell vs hercule because this is exactly what it looks like when someone fights an opponent they don’t scale too in a fight. When y’all say gohan is below ssg, you’re by default saying there’s a gap this large between dyspo and frieza. Is that how that fight went down in the tournament of power?😂😂
FF0471C0-5D0D-4981-8517-C5BC346C243D.gif

Every example you gave has in universe, canon explanation for what went down. I can’t think of a single fight on dbz or super where someone at a significantly weaker power level was able to beat someone stronger than them without exploiting a weakness, using an attack that has more destructive power then the character using the attack, or straight up being a gag for comedic relief. None of these apply to the fight with dyspo and frieza. The only reason you don’t want to scale dyspo to what his actions say he can do is because it by default makes gohan cross the ssg threshold and you don’t want to concede that :rofl:

Wait, How did you guys end up with kid buu/super buu? Hahaha

Its like every dbz debate has to come down to that comparison someway somehow :lol:

It’s how you know whether or not you’re talking to someone who knows what they’re talking about haha I should lead with that next time instead of typing paragraphs :lol:

Firstly, did you watch the episode? it wasnt one punch. The fight started before freiza went golden and before dyspo powdered up. Dyspo was using his speed and commented how impressed he was that freiza could keep up. He still got clean hits on freiza ans he kept up with pre and post golden transformation until gohan stepped in. Frieza transformed and the tide of the fight didn’t even shift in his favor :lol: Now tell me how any of your examples are remotely comparable?

I’m really mad at myself for typing this all out smh because I know you don’t even know what’s canon because you’re siting the DBZ anime and not the manga and you’ll post a few irrelevant lines followed by laughing emojis but I have time today lol

as for most of your examples, none of them equate to the character matching blow for blow or keeping up with their opponent. Most aren’t even canon to the manga but let’s talk about a few of them.

Vegeta (significantly weaker on namek and pre zenkai boost) allowed himself to be injured because he wanted to force a zenkai boost and become a super saiyan. Are you saying freiza simply chose not to beat dyspo even though he could at anytime? Because that’s what the case was with vegeta and krillin

Yahjarobe could cut off vegetas tail because a saiyan a tail is literally his weakness. We saw that with goku in dragon bal when in the tournament krillin grabbed it and he damn near died. we saw it with raditz when his pulled by goku even though we know goku was weaker than him and still kept him At bay. None of this remotely compares to what happened in super because dyspo trading blows wasn’t exploiting some secret weakness freiza has.

Krillin cutting of friezas tail is probably the weakest one on the list. Almost every character in dbz have attacks with damage that exceeds their own power. Piccolo has the special beam cannon that killed raditz and goku even though piccolo wasn’t strong enough to beat goku or raditz in a fight. Tiebs tribeam was able to push back cell because the attack does damage greater than Tiens own fighting power. Same goes for goku, he’s killed enimies he couldn’t over power with the spirit bomb. How does that compare to dyspo and frieza? Was dyspo’s punches some secret technique? :lol:

It’s actually hilarious that you bring up cell vs hercule because this is exactly what it looks like when someone fights an opponent they don’t scale too in a fight. When y’all say gohan is below ssg, you’re by default saying there’s a gap this large between dyspo and frieza. Is that how that fight went down in the tournament of power?😂😂
FF0471C0-5D0D-4981-8517-C5BC346C243D.gif

Every example you gave has in universe, canon explanation for what went down. I can’t think of a single fight on dbz or super where someone at a significantly weaker power level was able to beat someone stronger than them without exploiting a weakness, using an attack that has more destructive power then the character using the attack, or straight up being a gag for comedic relief. None of these apply to the fight with dyspo and frieza. The only reason you don’t want to scale dyspo to what his actions say he can do is because it by default makes gohan cross the ssg threshold and you don’t want to concede that :rofl:
843121B5-7665-41C6-87A1-1AF0DECA51F8.gif

I’m not reading all that 😂

Never knew about this thread but watched everything except GT. Got introduced as a kid in the mid-late 90’s from a friend that had the Japanese version recorded on vhs with no subtitles. It was rough. Everyone talks about buu but I appreciate how cut throat frieza was. He killed Krillin and said pop goes the weasel lol, made goku snap. Jiren got screwed in super.

Just reread DBS Manga from start to the beginning of the Moro arc.

The ending of the Black arc was zany in the manga. It arrived at the same conclusion but oh my. Dude overcame the fusion limitation and then started multiplying.

They never followed up on UUB. Also, are they going to ever visit Planet Salad?

Manga TOP was not as hyped as the Anime. Everything is just abbreviated. The relationship between Cabba and Vegeta wasn’t as noble/healthy. They had Master Roshi going at Jiren. SMH. Kefla vs Gohan (and what led to many arguments recently). UI not being as gang buster. Toppo never going God of Destruction.

I’m praying Anime comes back plz.

Just reread DBS Manga from start to the beginning of the Moro arc.

The ending of the Black arc was zany in the manga. It arrived at the same conclusion but oh my. Dude overcame the fusion limitation and then started multiplying.

Manga TOP was not as hyped as the Anime. Everything is just abbreviated. The relationship between Cabba and Vegeta wasn’t as noble/healthy. They had Master Roshi going at Jiren. SMH. Kefla vs Gohan (and what led to many arguments recently). UI not being as gang buster. Toppo never going God of Destruction.

I’m praying Anime comes back plz.

Depending on what you consider “canon” most of the forms that appear in the anime are just things toei animation threw in there presumable to sell toys and cards etc 😂

GoD Toppo, SSB vegeta evolution, super saiyan rage trunks, none of them were in the manga

That’s a problem. Up until the break, the Anime was ahead of the Manga. It also seemed more coherent too.

Maybe I like Toei’s vision more than the middling manga. We also have the movies which seem more attuned to the Anime.

I know typically manga > Anime. But this clearly seems like a cash/merchandise grab.

That’s a problem. Up until the break, the Anime was ahead of the Manga. It also seemed more coherent too.

Maybe I like Toei’s vision more than the middling manga. We also have the movies which seem more attuned to the Anime.

I know typically manga > Anime. But this clearly seems like a cash/merchandise grab.

To be fair, the anime has never been totally in step with the manga. Especially not drag ball z. As far as the super movies are concerned, the first two aren’t actually in the anime continuity since the first 30 or so episodes was them redoing the battles of the gods and revival of f story arcs. So there’s nothing explicitly tying the first 2 movies to the anime

I don’t mind it though. Gives me a reason to watch both and not have it feel like watching the same thing twice

Last edited:
It was always my understanding that Super takes place in between the time skip at the end of Z when Goku shows up for the world tournament just to get Uub and train him to be the next main guy to protect earth since in that canon Kid Buu/Uub was the only person he came across with that much potential.

I think even in the continued manga they cut to a scene with Uub who is still pretty young in his village before he is the age he shows up in the tournament.

I don’t expect any real Uub involvement in the manga or the Super anime. So no black ppl as per usual.

Seent this thread jumped a couple of pages so I was wondering what went down.

Gohan working y'all into a shoot EYE see.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom