Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Well, at least the movie appears unpredictable.. we only see Goku fighting at this time. (from the footage so far)

Why do I have a feeling that Frieza will be there next ally? :x ... seems strange to bring him back more powerful then kill him off again ...seems like a waste hmmmm

Last edited:
Well, at least the movie appears unpredictable.. we only see Goku fighting at this time. (from the footage so far)

Why do I have a feeling that Frieza will be there next ally? :x ... seems strange to bring him back more powerful then kill him off again ...seems like a waste hmmmm

Ally? You bugging. Freiza hates the Saiyans. He will never be cool with Goku or Vegeta. He's racist towards Saiyans calls them monkey and worthless creatures.

Ally? You bugging. Freiza hates the Saiyans. He will never be cool with Goku or Vegeta. He's racist towards Saiyans calls them monkey and worthless creatures.
And destroyed their planet killing all the other saiyans :lol: hell no he ain't gonna be an ally

Toriyama's attempt to explain away SSJ2 and 3 is laughable. He pretty much just took a dump on the Cell games with that. As we all know it's just a way to further the series. Sone things are just meant to end. Ijs

Toriyama's attempt to explain away SSJ2 and 3 is laughable. He pretty much just took a dump on the Cell games with that. As we all know it's just a way to further the series. Sone things are just meant to end. Ijs

But the fact that Mystic Gohan exists, and has existed well before this movie makes it all completely plausiable though. Mystic Gohan is significantly stronger than super sayain 3 goku at the time of both their appearances.

What if I told you Toriyama's excuse for not wanting goku to go ssj 2 and ssj3 is because he didn't want to spend so much time drawing lightning bolts and hair down Goku's back....

But the fact that Mystic Gohan exists, and has existed well before this movie makes it all completely plausiable though. Mystic Gohan is significantly stronger than super sayain 3 goku at the time of both their appearances.

Well aware of that but they made that seem as if it was solely because of the Z-sword. Unless it's explained in BOTG (which I need to rewatch although it was buns) I probably won't buy it.

Unrelated.....so is this game worth it? Although talk on the last few pages has me intrigued.

Well aware of that but they made that seem as if it was solely because of the Z-sword. Unless it's explained in BOTG (which I need to rewatch although it was buns) I probably won't buy it.

Unrelated.....so is this game worth it? Although talk on the last few pages has me intrigued.

Mystic Gohan became that way because elder kai has the ability to unlock "true power". Kinda like what happened on namek with Krillin.

I get that...breaking the Z-sword, releasing old Kai, and then having him unlock his potential. This still isn't fleshed out enough for me to buy into it fully but whatever.

Wait someone explain this

Frieza has a new form in the movie which allows him to compete now which he got by training

But after frieza died the first time, in the Cooler movie, Cooler said he had achieved a form beyond Frieza's last form

So would Frieza had skipped that form or was this new power a blessing, story regardless is F'ed

Wait someone explain this

Frieza has a new form in the movie which allows him to compete now which he got by training

But after frieza died the first time, in the Cooler movie, Cooler said he had achieved a form beyond Frieza's last form

So would Frieza had skipped that form or was this new power a blessing, story regardless is F'ed

Cooler movie's not canon man.

But wait...

that means these movies can also be non-canon! We just gotta go back in time.

Maybe they make a series without the super saiyan god and all that...then we wouldn't have to complain anymore!

Please.

Last edited:
Oh so what movies are canon

But wait...
that means these movies can also be non-canon!
Maybe they make a series without the super saiyan god and all that...then we wouldn't have to complain anymore!
Please.

Battle of the Gods and this new DBZ movie are the only canon ones, along with Son Goku and His Friends Return if you wanna count that.

Similar to how for One Piece Film Z was canon, but the other films weren't, same for Naruto The Last.

Oh so what movies are canon

But wait...
that means these movies can also be non-canon!
Please.

Battle of the Gods and this new DBZ movie are the only canon ones, along with Son Goku and His Friends Return if you wanna count that.

Similar to how for One Piece Film Z was canon, but the other films weren't, same for Naruto The Last.

Im guessing Bardocks movie canon too right?

But he peppered so much angus in da first movie you woulda thought it was part of da cannon

Last edited:
hypebeast5 hypebeast5 Well, Akira did the character design for Bardock, and is known to have enjoyed the film immensely. However, it's another work that didn't actually take place in the manga, or receive actual confirmation from Akira. If any special is canon however (Out of Father of Goku, History of Trunks, and Episode of Bardock) i'm fairly certain that Bardock is the one. The fact that it contradicts the manga in no way is also a point in its favor.

And in terms of Episode of Bardock, i'm fairly certain there's an actual manga guidebook covering it, from the Daizenshuu. Not too sure as I honestly ignored the entire incident, didn't really enjoy it that much.

Last edited:
The first Bardock movie was canon. The second one wasn't.
Broly sadly ain't canon.

What you talking about the episode with bardock turning SSJ is canon. It shows that bardock was the first ssj from the myth. That frieza family for generations knew about from Chilled.

It is confirmed that when chilled ran away after bardock turned ssj he is the one that warned his decendants to king cold, cooler, and freiza so Bardock was the one from the myth that was told in Planet Vegeta.

"Later on, however, Chilled is seen floating through space, barely alive. His spaceship's men quickly take care of him, putting him under respiratory assistance. As he recovers he recalls back this incredible transformation, and informs his crew to warn his descendants about it (presenting how Frieza's family came to know about and fear the legend of the Super Saiyan)."

Makes me wonder if Bardock is still alive since saiyans are known to live for a long time way longer than humans.

Last edited:
Didn't Bardock get got in the Planet Vegeta explosion?

Never watched the movie with Chilled.

Didn't Bardock get got in the Planet Vegeta explosion?

Never watched the movie with Chilled.

Nope he didn't die. He got sent back in time with Freizas super nova(the big energy ball from freiza) due to that power he received from that alien. It doesn't make any sense but the point is that it sent him back in time. And he landed on planet vegeta before the saiyans took it over. It was called planet plant at the time. And that's were the episode takes place. They have it in Youtube if you wanna see it. Surprised is not taken down. But they did a magna for that episode and Toriyama confirmed that it was Bardock the ssj from the myth.

Edit heres the link for anyone that wants to watch it.

Last edited:
What you talking about the episode with bardock turning SSJ is canon. It shows that bardock was the first ssj from the myth. That frieza family for generations knew about from Chilled.

It is confirmed that when chilled ran away after bardock turned ssj he is the one that warned his decendants to king cold, cooler, and freiza so Bardock was the one from the myth that was told in Planet Vegeta.

"Later on, however, Chilled is seen floating through space, barely alive. His spaceship's men quickly take care of him, putting him under respiratory assistance. As he recovers he recalls back this incredible transformation, and informs his crew to warn his descendants about it (presenting how Frieza's family came to know about and fear the legend of the Super Saiyan)."

Makes me wonder if Bardock is still alive since saiyans are known to live for a long time way longer than humans.

It actually only confirms how freiza knew about the existence of super sayain, not that Bardock is the first super sayain of legend that vegeta talks about. But like it was said, it doesn't affect the story line at all whether it's canon or not.

Wasn't the super saiyan of legend destroyed by his own power? Bardock was good bread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom