Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Probably just this. Unless Dende's dragon is different from Kami's dragon in this regard.

Another thing; in the manga Dende's dragon was powered up so that it could grant first two, and then three wishes in the Buu saga. But it seems like in every new movie or OVA they forget this and have him grant one :x

There's no reason that the dudes who revived Freeza wouldn't wish for him to have eternal life

More than likely they only get access to 1 wish in this movie.

One thing I found interesting is in the summary I read one of Freizas henchmen mentions that Goku has gotten much stronger, and that he beat Majin buu. Indicating that freiza had prior knowledge of Majin buu and his strength.

So he can train to the capacity of being on equal footing with SSJ3s and Goku who still retained SSJGod energy and was keeping up with Beerus?

I mean at least its not some nonsense excuse, there was no 100% good way to explain this Frieza power jump, but at least they're going the least ridiculous of options.

Yeah, I find the concept of him training to be at Goku's current level, and possibly Bills, to be silly. Without training he was immensely powerful at the time of his defeat. Meaning that he was able to match SS-Goku as soon as he transformed. (Notably, that's as soon as Goku transformed. Goku at that moment was weaker than SS-Trunks was in the next saga, SS-Vegeta shortly afterwards, and even SS-Goku at the time of the Cell Games, when he'd mastered the SS transformation) Since then, Goku has grown far more powerful. SS doesn't even begin to touch the next few transformations, much less SS-God, which seems to be the status quo at the end of Battle of the Gods, and what Freiza now realistically has to deal with.

I do agree however that there was nogood way to explain this and have it make any kind of sense, so just saying that Freiza trained and grew stronger is the best possible answer they could have come up with.

So, based on the tie-in manga, it seems like the premise is that Freeza becomes stronger simply through training.

Which actually makes sense, as Freeza in his natural state without an ounce of training was close to a Super Saiyan.

I have no problems with this.

Freeza was probably in the HFIL putting in work against All the old villains

If Yall have problems with characters suddenly getting much stronger but still watch DBZ I don't know what to tell you :lol:

I have no problems with this.

Freeza was probably in the HFIL putting in work against All the old villains

Idk if this is anime thing only but I'm pretty sure only the good guys got to keep their bodies when they died. Freiza and all the other villains would not have had bodies to train.

Idk if this is anime thing only but I'm pretty sure only the good guys got to keep their bodies when they died. Freiza and all the other villains would not have had bodies to train.

That is false. A lot of villians even cell kept their bodies in hell. Even after the movie bio broly King Kai told Goku that Broly was being trouble in hell. When goku was fighting kid buu, cell freiza and even the ginyu squad with badidi was watching as goku threw the spirit bomb.

That is false. A lot of villians even cell kept their bodies in hell. Even after the movie bio broly King Kai told Goku that Broly was being trouble in hell. When goku was fighting kid buu, cell freiza and even the ginyu squad with badidi was watching as goku threw the spirit bomb.

Anime only. In the manga, villains do not keep their bodies and are reduced to souls.

The movies aren't canon. And that scene with cell and frieza was only filler in the anime. It didn't happen in the original manga so it doesn't matter. What happens in this movie is canon though so it isn't based off of what happened in the anime

Last edited:
Not cannon not cannon not cannon :lol: we get it, if it's not written on paper it sucks

Idk why people use that logic. Is clear that the story stand point is from the ANIME. The manga is always tweaked and this is a new movie it was never in a magna so they obviously gonna use that dead villians have their bodies. So i find it foolish when people use magna as their source. Everything is tweaked from the magna same with naruto.

Idk why people use that logic. Is clear that the story stand point is from the ANIME. The manga is always tweaked and this is a new movie it was never in a magna so they obviously gonna use that dead villians have their bodies. So i find it foolish when people use magna as their source. Everything is tweaked from the magna same with naruto.

Nope. The manga is always the original source and should be treated as the purest source of info. The anime contradicts itself on multiple occasions because it creates scenarios that don't exist in the manga and has to explain them.

Case in point:this new movie follows manga logic. In this movie, freeza is revived as a pile of chopped up body parts and then reawakened by his men. He doesn't come back as a complete being.

Villains do not keep their bodies in Hell.

I suggest yall read this article on why the anime should be completely ignored

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/episode/filler-plothole/

Last edited:
Not cannon not cannon not cannon :lol: we get it, if it's not written on paper it sucks

I never said what's not cannon sucks. I enjoyed a lot of the movies and some of GT for that matter. But when you're making predictions as to what's happening next, what's canon is the only thing you have to go off of because that's what the this movies story line is based off of. Simple as that.

Last edited:

How exactly is it clear that the movies (which AT stated himself are canon) are based off of the tv show and not the manga (which again AT himself states is canon).

Yeah idk what was meant by that. Battle of Gods and Fukkatsu no F are considered manga continuations

"Revival of “F” will be centered around the revival of Freeza. Toriyama stated that he, “deliberately increased the amount of action scenes by a good deal”, and he is writing it, “as though it were a continuation of the manga when it was in serialization.”

How exactly is it clear that the movies (which AT stated himself are canon) are based off of the tv show and not the manga (which again AT himself states is canon).

The Bardock episode turning ssj is canon. Which I find wierd but hey. Remember when freiza stated that a ssj killed one of his own? It was bardock and AT confirmed. It makes no sense how he turned ssj when he wasn't even as near as strong when everyone else turned for the exemption of goten and little trunks. And how freiza supernova made him go to the past. But is dbz logic and exploring this will make your head hurt. Does this mean that Bardock is really the legendary ssj from the myth? Since technically going that back to the past would of made him the first.

Edit* Just looked it up and yes is confirmed that when chilled ran away after bardock turned ssj he is the one that warned his decendants to king cold, cooler, and freiza so Bardock was the one from the myth that was told in Planet Vegeta.

"Later on, however, Chilled is seen floating through space, barely alive. His spaceship's men quickly take care of him, putting him under respiratory assistance. As he recovers he recalls back this incredible transformation, and informs his crew to warn his descendants about it (presenting how Frieza's family came to know about and fear the legend of the Super Saiyan)."

My mind is blown how I never put this together. Smh. Makes me wonder if Bardock is still alive since saiyans are known to live for a long time way longer than humans. Maybe they will bring him back in the 3rd movie? Would be awesome if he returns to Earth to meet his son since he knows who he is by his power of seeing the future.

Last edited:
The Bardock episode turning ssj is canon. Which I find wierd but hey. Remember when freiza stated that a ssj killed one of his own? It was bardock and AT confirmed. It makes no sense how he turned ssj when he wasn't even as near as strong when everyone else turned for the exemption of goten and little trunks. And how freiza supernova made him go to the past. But is dbz logic and exploring this will make your head hurt. Does this mean that Bardock is really the legendary ssj from the myth? Since technically going that back to the past would of made him the first.

Edit* Just looked it up and yes is confirmed that when chilled ran away after bardock turned ssj he is the one that warned his decendants to king cold, cooler, and freiza so Bardock was the one from the myth that was told in Planet Vegeta.

"Later on, however, Chilled is seen floating through space, barely alive. His spaceship's men quickly take care of him, putting him under respiratory assistance. As he recovers he recalls back this incredible transformation, and informs his crew to warn his descendants about it (presenting how Frieza's family came to know about and fear the legend of the Super Saiyan)."

My mind is blown how I never put this together. Smh.

I agree that this was pretty cool how they tied everything in but the Episode of Bardock isn't part of the Anime. Whether it's canon or not doesn't really matter because it doesn't change/interfere with the story at all, but it's still not apart of the anime. still doesn't say how the battle of the gods and and the revival of F are based off of the anime and not the manga.

None of the movies before Battle of the Gods are canon, so I assume this is in relation to the new films.

Last edited:
I never said what's not cannon sucks. I enjoyed a lot of the movies and some of GT for that matter. But when you're making predictions as to what's happening next, what's canon is the only thing you have to go off of because that's what the this movies story line is based off of. Simple as that.

Just a figure of speech bruh. It's not cannon

None of the movies before Battle of the Gods are canon.

I was referring to battle of the gods and this next movie, not any of the movies prior

Ok just making sure. That being said, what kind of silly logic is it to think that the Anime trumps the Manga as source material man? :smh:

DBZ movies have been decent for the most part however.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom