Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

The thought of gohan and goku doing a Potara fusion is ewww...

What the hell was chi-chi gonna think. Her husband/son? :x

Rewatching DBZ and I'm watching Nappa slaughter the Z-team.
...Man Nappa was no joke. Like Imagine never seeing DBZ and growing up with DB then seeing the Saiyan saga. Heartbroken. Nappa murked your heroes.

SIDENOTE:

View media item 1150660:rofl: Still funny

Rewatching DBZ and I'm watching Nappa slaughter the Z-team.
...Man Nappa was no joke. Like Imagine never seeing DBZ and growing up with DB then seeing the Saiyan saga. Heartbroken. Nappa murked your heroes.

SIDENOTE:

View media item 1150660:rofl: Still funny

Yeah Nappa was a tad bit frightening. Chopping tien's arm off, laughing in faces. And the whole time vegeta was just standing there. I remember watching it for the first time back in the day on UPN

...that Ocean Dub :x

yeah nappas body count was up there dude killed 4 Z fighters (count ymacha in there even tho he was killed by a saibamen)

Last edited:
View media item 1265441
A new image from the Dragon Ball Z 2015 Movie has been revealed and it shows Frieza has returned! The news comes from the latest issue of V-Jump magazine, which announces the title of the movie as Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F (Dragon Ball Z: F’s Resurrection or Dragon Ball Z: Frieza’s Resurrection). The movie will air in Japanese theaters in both 2D and 3D beginning on April 18, 2015 – voiding the report from CinemaCity.

The poster of the movie features not only Frieza, but also Beerus and Whis from the 2013 movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, and Krillin. Along with those eight are two new characters designed by Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball Z – Sorbet (the short creature) and Tagoma (the tall creature). The characters are the survivors of the Frieza army and are his servants. Like many of the names in the DBZ series, the names of the new villains are based on food. Sorbet, an English word, is a frozen dessert made from sweetened water with flavoring (such as fruit juice). Tagoma is derived from the Japanese word egg.

Toriyama-sensei, says that the ‘F’ in the title Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F stands for “Frieza,” who will be revived in the movie. Toriyama notes that he thought of the title while listening to the song “F” by Japanese band Maximum The Hormone, who he came to know personally through a friend. In fact, one of the members told him that they had been singing the song about Frieza.

The story of the movie is as follows: “An Earth where peace has arrived. However, remnants of Frieza’s army Sorbet and Tagoma arrive on the planet. Their goal is to revive Frieza with the Dragon Balls. Their dastardly wish is granted, the “F” that plans its revenge against the Saiyans is revived…! ”

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/11/dragon-ball-z-2015-movie-friezas-resurrection/

Last edited:
The fact that they're wasting time with Frieza lets me know the next movie will be as trash as Battle of the Gods.

Frieza is a match probably only to Baby Pan.

Goten and Trunks could give Frieza the hands in an instant.. How is dude even considered an enemy?

They'll somehow power him up. DBZ movies have been trash since they took that long break. They're too happy and light hearted

They need to bring back Cell.  Teen Gohan Super Sayain Level 2 
pimp.gif
 >

They need to bring back Cell.  Teen Gohan Super Sayain Level 2 :pimp:  >
They should have stopped at this point. Super Saiyan 2 should have been the final form. Every one after seems silly. Hated the show after Cell, especially how SS3 didn't mean ****.

Where can I watch "Battle of the Gods"?

YouTube

But when I I initially saw this in the morning I thought it was silly to bring Frieza back. He got smacked up in the android saga by trunks, he got smacked up in fusion reborn and he got smacked up by goku again in the super 17 saga...

But I realize that Toriyama holds frieza to a higher regard then the other DB villains because he truly wanted to end DBZ with goku dying on namek avenging his race. Frieza changed everything and with Bill and Wiss name dropping him in Battle of the gods as well as being on the cover for this, I'm pretty sure they'll have a hand in making sure frieza is stronger. Also I remember Toriyama mentioning that Vegeta would push the plot in this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama is making this film just to give vegeta a proper shot at avenging the saiyan race by killing frieza once and for all

So this movie can't be set in present DBZ times right? Frieza? In order to make this work he would have to become Super Buu strong and how will they justify that?

YouTube

But when I I initially saw this in the morning I thought it was silly to bring Frieza back. He got smacked up in the android saga by trunks, he got smacked up in fusion reborn and he got smacked up by goku again in the super 17 saga...

But I realize that Toriyama holds frieza to a higher regard then the other DB villains because he truly wanted to end DBZ with goku dying on namek avenging his race. Frieza changed everything and with Bill and Wiss name dropping him in Battle of the gods as well as being on the cover for this, I'm pretty sure they'll have a hand in making sure frieza is stronger. Also I remember Toriyama mentioning that Vegeta would push the plot in this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama is making this film just to give vegeta a proper shot at avenging the saiyan race by killing frieza once and for all

In early interviews after battle of the gods wrapped up Toriyama mentioned interest in making a movie centralized on vegeta but that idea was scrapped, for this movie at least. I believe in a more recent interview he says this movie is still about Goku as far as the main hero goes and it picks up where battle of the gods left off.

For some reason even though bills and wis are on this poster I have a feeling they will have a very minimal roles in the movie. I find it very hard to believe that freiza could be causing anyone trouble if the strongest being in their universe (Wis) and the second strongest (Bills) were actively involved in the plot. Even if freiza got a boost in power. Being a match for Goku would still make him weaker than than Wis and Bills. Just doesn't seem plausible. What's probably actually going to happen is maybe in the first 5 minutes of the movie Goku is seen training with Bills or something like that, just to establish the movie is canon and the show that Goku has progressed since the last movie and they probably won't show up again until the end credits. They do this type of stuff all the time. Bills and Wis probably tested really well with the Japanese audience and throwing them in there for cameos even if they're not involved with the plot will just draw more people in to see the movie.

Last edited:
YouTube

i hope so. i wonder why he never changed the series up like that with goku dying on namek or staying dead after the cell games. it would've been a nice change of pace for vegeta and gohan to take up the mantle 

Blame the fans, after Goku died and they planned to keep him dead people cried about it so they had to bring him back.

Back
Top Bottom