Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Planning on starting to watch it finally. Skipping to what the man said up there, Episode 28-32. 

Gonna binge watch today. 

OK.... If your not at least a little excited about something then why would you do it? Especially if you don't have to? Maybe you're excited but don't realize it.

Sounds like you've never had a job :lol: But beyond that, who in the world is excited for every single thing they watch? Sounds unrealistic. And there's no way that a person is excited for every single episode of a long running series. I wasn't even like that with Z.

Last edited:
I used to have a trunks binder when i was in middle school. and i bought my first sword because of trunks. I always wished he was more involved. so you know i and many others are happy right now. 

Hes always been that esoteric character in adult form. Hes a genius like his gramps and his mom, but a fighter like his father. He imo the most put together character. Gohan and him vibed a lot, because gohan a smart dude also. 

Trunks is the GOAT

Dude put the entire planet on his back. Ain't have no help. Deserves another movie

Future Trunks will bring Gohan out of retirement.
lol gohan will now be the new disciple from future trunks
laugh.gif

Goku "defeated" Future Trunks with one finger. His only real claim to fame is surpassing Vegeta and then hiding it.

I'm not counting defeating Freeza and King Cold because Goku was on the way and would have done so. Future Trunks is soooo overrated.

Didn't Trunks thought he surpassed Vegeta by powering/bulking up but then Cell has to explained it to him that Vegeta could've done that but he didn't because he doesn't want that brolly looking transformation that would make him slow

Last edited:
Goku "defeated" Future Trunks with one finger. His only real claim to fame is surpassing Vegeta and then hiding it.
I'm not counting defeating Freeza and King Cold because Goku was on the way and would have done so. Future Trunks is soooo overrated.
lol you're just a hater, probably because your fav DBZ character dont get the shine in the DBS series
laugh.gif

So because I don't buy into the NT zeitgeist I'm a hater? When he was first introduced I was pretty excited about another super saiyan but as the arc progressed he ended up being pointless. His biggest contribution was heart medicine. Truthfully, I like young Trunks better as a character. And yes Cell did point out the weakness in the Ultra Super Saiyan form but I don't recall him saying that Vegeta was able to reach the form.

Vegito is my favorite character, and I've stated that I'd be more excited if he was brought back in DBS. In my opinion it would make sense given the introduction of all these incredibly powerful beings.

Unless someone mentioned it or it was trunks realising it after Cell calling him stupid after they fought in his Ultra super saiyan form

Last edited:
I don't know what the fuss is all about. Anyone that can bring some dimension and the possibility of a more intricate story than the cut and dry stuff we've had so far im all for. Trunks is all that plus this is clearly fan service by Toriyama.

Vegito is awesome and strong but he brings nothing to the story but a higher power level, what's that do for the story? Might as well goku or vegeta another transformation at that point.

Well by your logic there is no point in ever having fusion. Just give everyone a new transformation. I think if Vegito was brought back it would mean some powerful being was threatening the universe and after exhausting every option Goku and Vegeta have to put there differences aside and fuse again. How does that not add any layers to Super? How is that not interesting. Plus I'd love to see how strong a SSJ Blue Vegito would be.

Last edited:
Well by your logic there is no point in ever having fusion. Just give everyone a new transformation. I think if Vegito was brought back it would mean some powerful being was threatening the universe and after exhausting every option Goku and Vegeta have to put there differences aside and fuse again. How does that not add any layers to Super? How is that not interesting. Plus I'd love to see how strong a SSJ Blue Vegito would be.

Not sure why that means get rid of fusion all together but every instance we've seen of fusion up to this point was just a plot device. A strong enemy comes, they fuse to fight that enemy. Sure vegito is strong and ️ him appearing would be great but building an arc around someone with no back story, no history, made up of two characters we already know everything about? Where's the story besides him being strong enough to fight someone strong? Trunks return literally brings space and time into play. The fact that he's been gone for so long and that his timeline is in danger again brings so much more to the table than just goku and vegeta becoming vegito again.

Last edited:
If Vegito is brought back it means the world or universe or universes are in danger. It would probably mean that everyone else is dead. Goku and Vegeta probably cant win on their own and now Vegito has to come back. But everything else would have to fall to complete ****. That would be the arc. And with all new fighters and powerful beings it would be interesting to see how it came to Vegito being back.

To me, i don't want the Fusion to come back. Leave that to the kids. I want Goku and Vegeta to learn new techniques on ther own (i.e SSB Kaioken) instead.

Last edited:
Fusion can come back but Vegito can't. That's permanent. It would have to be Gogeta.

Make it Canon and move on with it. They couldn't create a new guy cause Gogeta has already been used twice.

Last edited:
If Vegito is brought back it means the world or universe or universes are in danger. It would probably mean that everyone else is dead. Goku and Vegeta probably cant win on their own and now Vegito has to come back. But everything else would have to fall to complete ****. That would be the arc. And with all new fighters and powerful beings it would be interesting to see how it came to Vegito being back.

I'm not sure why I turned this into a bring back trunks vs bring back vegito, but the possibility for vegito come back is always a possibility for any arc as long as the enemy is strong enough.

I guess what I originally disagreed with was how you diminished trunks' roll. As a character (not simply based on strength) the android and cell saga literally started and ended with him and he was a HUGE part of that story because everything that surrounded his character. Which is why I think trunks coming back > vegito coming back. Trunks played a much bigger role in his time on Z than vegito did in his time. But but there's nothing stopping vegito from coming back in this arc aside from the writers, but it doesn't take much to write vegito in.

Back
Top Bottom