Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I say the character that gets wished back is bardock...

Mystic Gohan was able to turn super saiyan but never had to because he was always at full power without having to waste energy transforming.

Even though SSJ 4 isn't "canon" I like way better than that horrible super saiyan god. I feel like battle of the gods should be retconned because it was awful. Why would you establish goku as a god? But vegeta, another pure saiyan can't even ascend to SSJ3? And I'm not even a vegeta fan. The appeal of goku is that he's still that monkey boy from the forrest protecting his grandpa's dragonball. He's become way to overpowered as the series went on. A god? :smh:

Just give us a new series Toriyama

mixed breeds are more powerful

Goku isn't mixed though. He's a full blooded saiyan.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm partial to Goku because he worked his *** off, always. Whatever new powers ge achieved he trainee for it. He was a low class Saiyan and became the most powerful being on the series. All through hard work. His is a true under dog story. Gohan on the other hand always had the power and it would manifest itself during emotional duress. He didn't "earn" those powers as Goku did. Same with Trunks and Goten in the present sense, I think they had the "Gohan" gene based on how they just were able to "go gold". That was also the case with Goku Jr. Vegeta was cool for a while to me because he always worked hard but for the wrong reasons, just to surpass Kakarot. But in the end he went the lazy route ie Majin Vegeta and attaining SsJ4 through Blunts Wave technology and not naturally. All these are reasons I believe Goku should have always been the most powerful, he always wanted and for honorable reasons.

So what you're saying is, Vegeta was on them roids trying to match Gokus natural gains...

Gohan was stronger than everybody at the end of the cell games ( where DBZ probably should've ended). Gohan at age 8 was fighting on Namek and smacking around Frieza v2. Goku was still fighting humans during the world tournament he was 13, while Gohan at 13 was defeating Cell which Goku probably should've been able to do, but just didn't.

Last edited:
Well it has been confirmed Vegeta will be the main character of the next DBZ movie, and Gine (Goku Mom) also confirmed, my prediction is Goku wishes back his father Bardock, which how gine is explained, Bardock tries to adapt with earth and the way Goku interact with humans, doesn't accept it, since he still has his tail, turns into an ape, Goku doesn't have the heart to kill him, therefore Vegeta does the deed. Or Vice Versa King Vegeta comes back, almost kills Vegeta family, Vegeta kills his father when he goes Ape. Just my prediction.

Would sort of like to see King Vegeta back

hella late pass.

just found this thread. ive been seeing a bunch of NTers on IG posting ticket stubs of a DB movie :lol: i just figured it was a reshowing of old ones.

will check it out locally

never understood why goku never wished his pops back. or how he never met his pops in afterlife....never understood why vegeta never wanted sayins back either. both them boys got da earth yambs and were like **** it ima just ride with earth.

>D shurg w.e..

Man they knew that sayins were a violent race. They didn't want a million vagetas out there

Yeah it was just a problem with 3 of them loose. Imagine millions. Freeza was kinda right.. Slim saw how strong they was getting and decided to off them... I mean think of how the universe would have been with them running wild.

Can't believe I said Freeza was right :smh:

Freeza was the one that got goku and vageta outta there too. He/she essentially saved them

Last edited:
Man they knew that sayins were a violent race. They didn't want a million vagetas out there

aight well at least vegeta's pops or bardock. by the time the cell games end you don't even need goku or vegeta to wax those fools. a small squad of tien, yajirobi and gohan would be enough lol

I honestly love the way DBZ ended (minus the whole uub thing) but it always had to be goku that saved the day. Even after the cell games I have my theory that goku was strong enough to defeat cell but like everyone knows, goku had realized that he was the source of all these villains and bad things happening on earth. He needed gohan to take his mantle as earths protector but gohan didn't have his fighting spirit and it was a gift and a curse at the same time because it gave gohan a temper that would cause him to have an uncanny rage that would prove to come in handy. (In terms of my theory for goku being able to defeat cell, in the other world Pikkon was able to beat cell and frieza at the same time without even trying. Goku washes pikkon without even trying. Yes goku is strong in the otherworld but so was everyone else) DBGT is also a really undermined series. It isn't bad at all. Super 17 is DOPE!

Cell was actually the first guy goku legitimately could not beat. He said it himself. He knew gohan had that extra gear when he gets angry.

Remember goku couldn't beat Raditz but gohan had that moment when he was legitimately stronger than goku? Didn't last very long but it happened.

For cell goku relied on gohan being able to control that (which he did) because he legitimately wasn't strong enough.

The last half of GT was just as good as Z. The first half really REALLY sucked

Last edited:
Yeah having goku search for the black star balls was pretty wack but everything after that was cool

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm partial to Goku because he worked his *** off, always. Whatever new powers ge achieved he trainee for it. He was a low class Saiyan and became the most powerful being on the series. All through hard work. His is a true under dog story. Gohan on the other hand always had the power and it would manifest itself during emotional duress. He didn't "earn" those powers as Goku did. Same with Trunks and Goten in the present sense, I think they had the "Gohan" gene based on how they just were able to "go gold". That was also the case with Goku Jr. Vegeta was cool for a while to me because he always worked hard but for the wrong reasons, just to surpass Kakarot. But in the end he went the lazy route ie Majin Vegeta and attaining SsJ4 through Blunts Wave technology and not naturally. All these are reasons I believe Goku should have always been the most powerful, he always wanted and for honorable reasons.
The thing about Goku is ya he trained hard and earned all of his strength, but there have been a number of fights where he needed the strength of the people of earth (spirit bomb) or the energy of fellow Z fighters or fusion to defeat villains.

Goku only got his tailback because of the Kai's right? Which allowed him to go SSJ4. Also Vegeta didn't take the "lazy" route when he went Majin. Vegeta allowed Bibbidi to reawaken the evil that was already in his heart and that's what made him stronger. Bibbidi didn't give him power directly. 
Yeah it was just a problem with 3 of them loose. Imagine millions. Freeza was kinda right.. Slim saw how strong they was getting and decided to off them... I mean think of how the universe would have been with them running wild.

Can't believe I said Freeza was right
mean.gif
laugh.gif

He didn't take out the saiyans because they were violent. He feared they would get to strong and rebel. 

Yup, and we didn't know how strong they actually were. Freeza didn't beat them in a fight. He blew up their planet and they essentially died in space.

Freeza was the one that got goku and freeza outta there too. He/she essentially saved them
I wouldn't say he saved him Freeza spared his life. If I'm remembering Bardock - The Father of Goku correctly, Bardock sent his son off in the pod, Freeza blows up Vegeta, sees the pod with goku in it and shrugs it off.  

I wouldn't say he saved him Freeza spared his life. If I'm remembering Bardock - The Father of Goku correctly, Bardock sent his son off in the pod, Freeza blows up Vegeta, sees the pod with goku in it and shrugs it off.  

O I know. I was implying that it was freeza and his tech that allowed some of the sayins to leave the planet in the first place.

Last edited:
I thought he didn't notice it because ik in revenge of cooler (not really canon)cooler watches freiza destroy planet vegeta and while freiza is too busy boasting about being ruler of the galaxy the pod goku is in escapes. Cooler has the chance to destroy it but thought freiza should be the one responsible for it so he left it alone.

O I know. I was implying that it was freeza and his tech that allowed so e of the sayins to leave the planet in the first place.
Fair enough
I thought he didn't notice it because ik in revenge of cooler (not really canon)cooler watches freiza destroy planet vegeta and while freiza is too busy boasting about being ruler of the galaxy the pod goku is in escapes. Cooler has the chance to destroy it but thought freiza should be the one responsible for it so he left it alone.
You're probably right. I just remember somebody seeing Goku escape and not doing anything about it. 

Barbados Slim Barbados Slim

Can't believe I said Freeza was right :smh:
:lol:
He didn't take out the saiyans because they were violent. He feared they would get to strong and rebel. 

It's like you didn't even read my post

Last edited:
My favorite saga is the Buu saga just off the strength that everybody was forced to fight and the only people that didn't get killed were goku (because he was already dead) and Hercule :lol:

But I've grown to appreciate the android saga so much. The initial idea was based off of Toriyama's obsession with Terminator at the time. I kinda dislike cell but the idea of Dr. Gero making twin androids was pretty neat.

Gohan turning ssj 2 in Japanese >>>>>>>

Last edited:
Just started my DBZ marathon yesterday. I forgot that during the Raditz fight, Gohan was 4. FOUR! 5 when when Vegeta lands. That's wild.

Back
Top Bottom