Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

At some point I think the writers got tired of "ss peering up". This gohan didn't go ss3 nor did vageta. Vageta was fighting kid buu (even though it wasn't much), so you could argue he was maybe stronger than mystic gohan or just as strong

The thing is that they never even fleshed out what SSJ3 could do. The two people that achieved it couldnt even control it. It feels incomplete, they need to show someone whos mastered it, IDC who it is. 

Goku said at full strength he couldn't beat kid buu. We wanted to give vegeta a turn so in typical DBZ fashion he "held back". By the time it was gokus turn again he was too tired.

Word. Its like everyone in the damn series got a SSj power up. Should have stopped after Future Trunks.
Dragon%2BBall%2BZ%2B-%2BEpisode%2Bof%2BBardock.avi_snapshot_00.10_%255B2011.12.20_02.35.47%255D.jpg

Saiyans have been shown to be able to breathe in space before.

Also, every time someone is shown breathing in space, they look pretty close to the earths atmosphere.

Freeza was the only person who was said to really have been able to breathe in space.
:wow: :wow: :rofl: :rofl: Imagine a SSJ Nappa with a bald head, gold goatee :wow: :wow: :rofl:

It happened in GT.

When was this? Video of said SSJ Nappa?

The thing is that they never even fleshed out what SSJ3 could do. The two people that achieved it couldnt even control it. It feels incomplete, they need to show someone whos mastered it, IDC who it is. 

SSJ 3 drained too much energy. It wasn't an efficient form for fighting in long durations. Goku never mastered the form like he did the others. Just like when he and Gohan trained for Cell they mastered the ability of staying in SSJ form without wasting energy. Goku never had enough time to master SSJ3 like he did the other forms. He never even used it but twice I think and before you knew it, DBZ was over and he was SSJ4.

Honestly, I think SSJ2 should have been the highest level. So Goku/Gohan should have finished the strongest, and Vegeta/Future Trunks should have been next with the Ascended Saiyan levels.

If DBZ could go back in time, I'd nerf a lot of these enemies and powers.

Cell and Buu were overpowered, and caused all the powers to get out of hand.

Last edited:
Nah the Fusion/Buu Saga had to happen too much dopeness happened. Just never put out SSJ3 and have the saga play out the same way it did. Super Buu was 
pimp.gif

No ultimate Gohan either 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Gohan was supposed to be the main character after the cell games tho. Blame the stupid fans for Goku being shoehorned back into the series and SS3 happening.

Mystic gohan was ridiculously strong anyway. But toriyama had to add plot no jutsu into the story so Gohan could be absorbed and Goku could save the day again

Nah the Fusion/Buu Saga had to happen too much dopeness happened. Just never put out SSJ3 and have the saga play out the same way it did. Super Buu was :pimp: .

No ultimate Gohan either :stoneface:  

Man Mystic Gohan was cool, but he was overpowered. EVERYONE was overpowered at that point. I miss the DB days where humans were competing with Goku giving him some comp in the tournament ring. Now, if you aren't some super max leveled alien or Vegeta, or the damn Dragon himself in GT, Goku can pretty much off you with an elbow to the chest.

The concept of Mystic Gohan was cool. Unlocking his full potential, removing his SSJ powers and giving him pure strength, etc etc. That was a great idea. But they made everyone so strong at that point, that he really had no real effectiveness to the series. He still didn't take out Buu, and Goku still came to save the day... In his base form with the spirit bomb...

Gohan was pretty much useless after Cell. He saved the world once, at SSJ2, and honestly after SSJ2, everything else was run through, with no real explanations or details outside of Gohans Mystic power up.

Majin Vegeta was a temp power up, if even that. He wasn't even really stronger. He was just evil again.

SSJ 3 was used for like 1 episode, and a movie.

Golden Oozaru was whack and didn't have any real reason for even being introduced. Just a pit stop to SSJ 4

SSJ4 was COMPLETELY overpowered, and only made because Toriyama kept making the enemies stronger. So of course he had t o come up with new transformations.

New gawd flow mode from the new movie is whack, and looks like the Kiaoken. Another power up to take down an overpowered enemy.

They should have definitely followed the original guidelines of the series and kept it about the Dragonballs. Future Trunks was dope, Cell games were ok, Android saga was dope, and Freeza saga/Saiyan Sagas were probably my favorite sagas just because it wasn't Z0MG SUPER SAIYAN 4 FUSION KAMEHAMEHA BOMBz everywhere.

Super Buu was cool, but everything and everyone at that point was overpowered, and I don't even think the dragon balls were used at any point after Freeza/them trying to wish Goku back only to find out he wasn't even dead.

*wipes forehead*

/DBrant

Last edited:
Yeah they were all OP at the end, but it's cool that you got to see the progression throughout the series.

Great post and honestly this is what Naruto has done right even though I dont think its fair to compare the two shows. So many of the "side characters" in Naruto are still contributing right now, even though its become apparent that Naruto>Everyone else.

[thread="517358"] [/thread]
Great post and honestly this is what Naruto has done right even though I dont think its fair to compare the two shows. So many of the "side characters" in Naruto are still contributing right now, even though its become apparent that Naruto>Everyone else.

Yeah, but Kishi is definitely barking up that tree with all these power ups Naruto and Sasuke are gaining :lol:

I say the character that gets wished back is bardock...

Mystic Gohan was able to turn super saiyan but never had to because he was always at full power without having to waste energy transforming.

Even though SSJ 4 isn't "canon" I like way better than that horrible super saiyan god. I feel like battle of the gods should be retconned because it was awful. Why would you establish goku as a god? But vegeta, another pure saiyan can't even ascend to SSJ3? And I'm not even a vegeta fan. The appeal of goku is that he's still that monkey boy from the forrest protecting his grandpa's dragonball. He's become way to overpowered as the series went on. A god? :smh:

Just give us a new series Toriyama

Mystic Gohan was able to turn super saiyan but never had to because he was always at full power without having to waste energy transforming.

Even though SSJ 4 isn't "canon" I like way better than that horrible super saiyan god. I feel like battle of the gods should be retconned because it was awful. Why would you establish goku as a god? But vegeta, another pure saiyan can't even ascend to SSJ3? And I'm not even a vegeta fan. The appeal of goku is that he's still that monkey boy from the forrest protecting his grandpa's dragonball. He's become way to overpowered as the series went on. A god?
mean.gif

mixed breeds are more powerful

GT gets a lot of hate but towards the end it was just DBZ again. Ss4 makes sense, the monkey side of them starts to show and is basically them just being able to control the monkey form.

SSgod should never be brought up again. Garbage

Gohan was supposed to be the main character after the cell games tho. Blame the stupid fans for Goku being shoehorned back into the series and SS3 happening.

Mystic gohan was ridiculously strong anyway. But toriyama had to add plot no jutsu into the story so Gohan could be absorbed and Goku could save the day again
There might be some truth to this. I wish gohan became the main character. After the cell games it all made sense after all. Goku didn't want to become revived by the dragon balls since he believed that whenever he was around the earth would be in jeopardy.

I think it would've been cool if Gohan had to be the one to save the day after cell and seeing him grow with this responsibility he feels because it was his fault that Goku had to die because he couldn't control SSJ2. And with Chi-chi being pregnant with Goten at the end of the cell saga it would be cool to see him be a big role model for Goten as they both grew up. Vegeta telling Gohan to embrace and appreciate being a saiyan as well as training him to protect the world would've been cool

Gohan could never truly be the main character because he wasn't a warrior. That was made clear during the Buu saga. During those times of peace dude let himself go to waste. Vegeta pointed that out at the tournament and when Gohan was getting owned by Dabura.

Gohan was forced to fight from the moment Radditz touched down up until he finished Cell. Hell, everyone even called it out when Goku was banking on Gohan beating Cell. Gohan did not have the thirst for battle that Goku or Vegeta had being Saiyans (that goes for Trunks and Goten as well). I hate to say it but he was a softy until his back was against the wall. After he hit SSJ2 that was gone.

I think Toriyama said Mystic Gohan was meant to be the strongest character in the series though. The powerlevels were getting too out of control at the end of Z which is why GT was sooo bad. There really was no where else to go.

The one thing I never understood from everyone is the laughing at Vegeta for being scared of Broly. Imagine having been told a story as a kid of an impossibly strong guy who's done things no one has ever done. The strongest being ever to live. You grow up, meet the guy then find out he wants you dead. I'd be shook too.

The one thing I never understood from everyone is the laughing at Vegeta for being scared of Broly. Imagine having been told a story as a kid of an impossibly strong guy who's done things no one has ever done. The strongest being ever to live. You grow up, meet the guy then find out he wants you dead. I'd be shook too.

Shook straight.

Vegeta knew what it was like to be feared. To be the one of legend that goes from planet to planet destroying everything in his path. The things he's done to people in his past, he could only imagine what Broly would do to him :lol:

To meet the even more powerful version of yourself is scary as ****.

Gohan could never truly be the main character because he wasn't a warrior. That was made clear during the Buu saga. During those times of peace dude let himself go to waste. Vegeta pointed that out at the tournament and when Gohan was getting owned by Dabura.

Gohan was forced to fight from the moment Radditz touched down up until he finished Cell. Hell, everyone even called it out when Goku was banking on Gohan beating Cell. Gohan did not have the thirst for battle that Goku or Vegeta had being Saiyans (that goes for Trunks and Goten as well). I hate to say it but he was a softy until his back was against the wall. After he hit SSJ2 that was gone.

I think Toriyama said Mystic Gohan was meant to be the strongest character in the series though. The powerlevels were getting too out of control at the end of Z which is why GT was sooo bad. There really was no where else to go.

I think like homie said before, if Goku would fave stayed dead after Cell, Gohan would have had to take on that role. It would have made for a better story because you would have seen more character progression.

For example, Future Gohan was more of a man than present Gohan ever was. He had to take on those burdens that present Gohan was saved from, also taking care of Trunks and training him until he died himself from the Androids. Imagine that warrior minded Gohan partnered with his mentor Piccolo, Goten/Trunks, and Vegeta from time to time?

Would have made for a better story. Goku would have gone out as a legend still and Gohan would fill those shoes perfectly.

TBH, Chi Chi is the reason why Gohan is so terry cloth.

Last edited:
I think like homie said before, if Goku would fave stayed dead after Cell, Gohan would have had to take on that role. It would have made for a better story because you would have seen more character progression.

For example, Future Gohan was more of a man than present Gohan ever was. He had to take on those burdens that present Gohan was saved from, also taking care of Trunks and training him until he died himself from the Androids. Imagine that warrior minded Gohan partnered with his mentor Piccolo, Goten/Trunks, and Vegeta from time to time?

Would have made for a better story. Goku would have gone out as a legend still and Gohan would fill those shoes perfectly.

See I don't even see that. I'm assuming you're talking about Gohan from Trunk's future. He had to be that way because EVERYONE was dead. Vegeta or Piccolo would have still been the mental leader. Maybe I just have a low opinion Gohan though :lol:.

See I don't even see that. I'm assuming you're talking about Gohan from Trunk's future. He had to be that way because EVERYONE was dead. Vegeta or Piccolo would have still been the mental leader. Maybe I just have a low opinion Gohan though :lol:.

Gohan did go "soft" during those times, so that's where mystic gohan was supposed to come in. One of the themes of DBZ has always been Gohan realizing his true potential. He did at the end of he Cell games, but then he slacked off. Mystic Gohan was supposed to be his "getting back on track" as the top dog. But nope. People liked Goku too much

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm partial to Goku because he worked his *** off, always. Whatever new powers ge achieved he trainee for it. He was a low class Saiyan and became the most powerful being on the series. All through hard work. His is a true under dog story. Gohan on the other hand always had the power and it would manifest itself during emotional duress. He didn't "earn" those powers as Goku did. Same with Trunks and Goten in the present sense, I think they had the "Gohan" gene based on how they just were able to "go gold". That was also the case with Goku Jr. Vegeta was cool for a while to me because he always worked hard but for the wrong reasons, just to surpass Kakarot. But in the end he went the lazy route ie Majin Vegeta and attaining SsJ4 through Blunts Wave technology and not naturally. All these are reasons I believe Goku should have always been the most powerful, he always wanted and for honorable reasons.

Even though SSJ 4 isn't "canon" I like way better than that horrible super saiyan god. I feel like battle of the gods should be retconned because it was awful. Why would you establish goku as a god? But vegeta, another pure saiyan can't even ascend to SSJ3? And I'm not even a vegeta fan. The appeal of goku is that he's still that monkey boy from the forrest protecting his grandpa's dragonball. He's become way to overpowered as the series went on. A god? :smh:

mixed breeds are more powerful

Goku isn't mixed though. He's a full blooded saiyan.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm partial to Goku because he worked his *** off, always. Whatever new powers ge achieved he trainee for it. He was a low class Saiyan and became the most powerful being on the series. All through hard work. His is a true under dog story. Gohan on the other hand always had the power and it would manifest itself during emotional duress. He didn't "earn" those powers as Goku did. Same with Trunks and Goten in the present sense, I think they had the "Gohan" gene based on how they just were able to "go gold". That was also the case with Goku Jr. Vegeta was cool for a while to me because he always worked hard but for the wrong reasons, just to surpass Kakarot. But in the end he went the lazy route ie Majin Vegeta and attaining SsJ4 through Blunts Wave technology and not naturally. All these are reasons I believe Goku should have always been the most powerful, he always wanted and for honorable reasons.

So what you're saying is, Vegeta was on them roids trying to match Gokus natural gains...

Vegeta admitted during his second fight with Goku that Goku had a natural talent that far surpassed his own. That's why he even gave into Babidi. Not to take anything from Goku but that fact remains true. Vegeta damn near killed himself to become a SSJ. Goku def put in that work on the way to Namek too though. Vegeta was just always a step behind.

Man you dudes are about to make me break put the DVD collection anf watch a few :lol:.

Last edited:
Well it has been confirmed Vegeta will be the main character of the next DBZ movie, and Gine (Goku Mom) also confirmed, my prediction is Goku wishes back his father Bardock, which how gine is explained, Bardock tries to adapt with earth and the way Goku interact with humans, doesn't accept it, since he still has his tail, turns into an ape, Goku doesn't have the heart to kill him, therefore Vegeta does the deed. Or Vice Versa King Vegeta comes back, almost kills Vegeta family, Vegeta kills his father when he goes Ape. Just my prediction.

Back
Top Bottom