*Official Detroit Lions Thread*

Originally Posted by minus28

Defensive end Cliff Avril signed his one-year restricted free-agent tender this morning, he confirmed in a text message to the Free Press.

http://www.freep.com/arti...liff-Avril-rejoins-Lions

Avril will help make a dangerous Lions D-line even more fearful, he had a career high 8.5 sacks last year in 13 games and will start along side players such as DT Ndamukong Suh and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch.
Fearful is right! His hit took out Leshoure.

Defensive end Cliff Avril signed his one-year restricted free-agent tender this morning, he confirmed in a text message to the Free Press.

http://www.freep.com/arti...liff-Avril-rejoins-Lions

Avril will help make a dangerous Lions D-line even more fearful, he had a career high 8.5 sacks last year in 13 games and will start along side players such as DT Ndamukong Suh and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch.
Fearful is right! His hit took out Leshoure.

Winged Wheel, thanks.

The Lashoure thing. *sigh* Come oooon, can we get a break? I'm now looking for that other shoe to drop.

Winged Wheel, thanks.

The Lashoure thing. *sigh* Come oooon, can we get a break? I'm now looking for that other shoe to drop.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
Way to many injuries. Big loss there with Leshoure, I heard someone last week saying they were expecting alot of achillies injuries this year, sucks it happened to him. Hopefully the O-line can get healthy and Fairley come back and beast.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
Way to many injuries. Big loss there with Leshoure, I heard someone last week saying they were expecting alot of achillies injuries this year, sucks it happened to him. Hopefully the O-line can get healthy and Fairley come back and beast.

i live in CA. I became a Lions fan after watching Barry Sanders score 5 TDs in 3 quarters in the 1988 Holiday bowl. I told myself "where ever he gets drafted is going to be my team" So basically I have been a Lions fan since April 23rd 1989. I have been to every Lions game in the Bay Area (49ers and Raiders) ever since.

Yeah man I live out in Cali too and always make it to the games when the Lions come out here.  It's been atrocious though the last few years.  I went to that game vs the Chargers 3 years back when they got blown out.  Then I went to the Lions vs 49ers game 2 years ago and another lost.  Hell I remember when the Lions came to Anaheim when they played the Rams.  I have been a Lions fan way too long. 
laugh.gif

Also instead of B Sanders I was a big fan of Rodney Peete back in the day and because of him I started followed the Lions. Lions with Peete, Herman Moore, Johnie Morton, Spielman, Barry and Coach Wayne Fontes was 
pimp.gif

i live in CA. I became a Lions fan after watching Barry Sanders score 5 TDs in 3 quarters in the 1988 Holiday bowl. I told myself "where ever he gets drafted is going to be my team" So basically I have been a Lions fan since April 23rd 1989. I have been to every Lions game in the Bay Area (49ers and Raiders) ever since.

Yeah man I live out in Cali too and always make it to the games when the Lions come out here.  It's been atrocious though the last few years.  I went to that game vs the Chargers 3 years back when they got blown out.  Then I went to the Lions vs 49ers game 2 years ago and another lost.  Hell I remember when the Lions came to Anaheim when they played the Rams.  I have been a Lions fan way too long. 
laugh.gif

Also instead of B Sanders I was a big fan of Rodney Peete back in the day and because of him I started followed the Lions. Lions with Peete, Herman Moore, Johnie Morton, Spielman, Barry and Coach Wayne Fontes was 
pimp.gif

Yeah I really don't see Best carrying the load at all this year. That is why I was so excited for Leshore. At least Harrison looked pretty good so far, Best is nothing more than a change of pace back, definitely not feature back material for the league. Stafford has looked great though, most of his incomplete passes so far have been catchable and even dropped. Hopefully our run defense improves some though, won't know much until we get all our starters back in there for a game. Pass D was weak last game but neither of the starting CB's played.

Yeah I really don't see Best carrying the load at all this year. That is why I was so excited for Leshore. At least Harrison looked pretty good so far, Best is nothing more than a change of pace back, definitely not feature back material for the league. Stafford has looked great though, most of his incomplete passes so far have been catchable and even dropped. Hopefully our run defense improves some though, won't know much until we get all our starters back in there for a game. Pass D was weak last game but neither of the starting CB's played.

The injuries just continue to pile up. Can we just fast forward to the season before anybody else "tweeks" something? As far a preason, I 've watched maybe 10 mins total. I just can't put much stock into it other than to say I think you can look bad in preason but I don't think you can look good.

The injuries just continue to pile up. Can we just fast forward to the season before anybody else "tweeks" something? As far a preason, I 've watched maybe 10 mins total. I just can't put much stock into it other than to say I think you can look bad in preason but I don't think you can look good.

I think as long as Best only gets 10 to 15 touches with runs and catches, he'll be healthy and effective. Not worth a first round pick but he could be a good contributor.

Also a BIG !$*@ YOU to Arizona, we might have to give Megatron a ton of money now.

I think as long as Best only gets 10 to 15 touches with runs and catches, he'll be healthy and effective. Not worth a first round pick but he could be a good contributor.

Also a BIG !$*@ YOU to Arizona, we might have to give Megatron a ton of money now.

Might is an understatement and it looks like the lack of being able to stop the run or tight ends is going to bleed off into this season too

Might is an understatement and it looks like the lack of being able to stop the run or tight ends is going to bleed off into this season too

Back
Top Bottom